ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any new news on recruiting?

Palmbeachhoosier

All-Big Ten
Aug 13, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Any visitors on campus this weekend? Got so excited from the mass commits from before. The two kids from Columbus look like real studs. Looking forward to seeing them play this season. They got upset early in playoffs so I did not see them. Would really love to see the Bell kid commit to IU, he looks like the real deal against top notch teams like Carmel and Ben Davis.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Was talking to local print and TV sports journalists on the 4th. They both commented that Kristian Pechac had recommitted and would walk on at IU. I saw a tweet from Pechac, but it doesn't show up on his Twitter account now. Is he coming or not? The two I talked to said he was the best football player they saw in person a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Was talking to local print and TV sports journalists on the 4th. They both commented that Kristian Pechac had recommitted and would walk on at IU. I saw a tweet from Pechac, but it doesn't show up on his Twitter account now. Is he coming or not? The two I talked to said he was the best football player they saw in person a couple of years ago.
He may have got off Twitter or deleted stuff to keep himself out of trouble. Less temptation.

Any visitors on campus this weekend? Got so excited from the mass commits from before. The two kids from Columbus look like real studs. Looking forward to seeing them play this season. They got upset early in playoffs so I did not see them. Would really love to see the Bell kid commit to IU, he looks like the real deal against top notch teams like Carmel and Ben Davis.
Staff is starting to line up official visits for the season now. Some very good players coming in this fall.

Staff is starting to line up official visits for the season now. Some very good players coming in this fall.

I hope they continue to stay hard on recruiting TJ Sheffield out of TN at WR. He verballed to Notre Dame and they said “welcome aboard” and then rescinded his offer 5 days later. Kelly pulled the offer and it’s not supposed to be anything that is a red flag with the kid, they just decided to pursue somebody else.

Reactions: Fus and vesuvius13
I hope they continue to stay hard on recruiting TJ Sheffield out of TN at WR. He verballed to Notre Dame and they said “welcome aboard” and then rescinded his offer 5 days later. Kelly pulled the offer and it’s not supposed to be anything that is a red flag with the kid, they just decided to pursue somebody else.

Apparently he didn't have a "committable" offer. Quite the saga, was thought to be a Purdue lean a few days before committing, then an Arkansas lean, ND recruiting analyst Loy for 247 put his crystal ball pick in for Purdue and then he commits go ND saying he still wants to take visits. WR coach for ND accepts the offer then has to call TJ and tell him he can't commit if he wants to take visits. So TJ tweets he wont take any visits and is 100% committed to ND.

Then a few days later tweets a surprisingly not crappy letter thanking ND for the offer but is reopening his commitment and will take visits this fall.

Pretty much what happens a lot in football recruiting, it was just made public public and in a dead time for news, as far as recruiting goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT