ADVERTISEMENT

Is IU still looking to add new recruits to the roster?

fireforeffect

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2016
According to E*** , IU is still in the running for 3 recruits... all top 100... any chance that IU can land them? And if they do land them, where are those slots going to come from... OG & Bryant are gone... and I think that makes IU still 1 over... JBJ?... CuJo Xfr?... what a recruiting pickle the last guy left IU in... That could put CAM between a rock and a hard place for the first year... Tremont Waters, Jordan Tucker, & Jeremiah Tillmon...

According to E*** , IU is still in the running for 3 recruits... all top 100... any chance that IU can land them? And if they do land them, where are those slots going to come from... OG & Bryant are gone... and I think that makes IU still 1 over... JBJ?... CuJo Xfr?... what a recruiting pickle the last guy left IU in... That could put CAM between a rock and a hard place for the first year... Tremont Waters, Jordan Tucker, & Jeremiah Tillmon...
From what I have seen we are not in on any of those 3 recruits

Maybe "recruiting pickle" is a new term we can use as the standard for CTC recruiting.

We are done for 2017

Maybe "recruiting pickle" is a new term we can use as the standard for CTC recruiting.

Remember, IU never was in a pickle come season tip-off. Also, CAM jumped on board and recruited MORE players than Crean was at his end with the "recruiting pickle" in full tilt. So maybe Crean simply knew more about player intentions and plans than we the fans knew.

Who's E***?

Reactions: birdforpar
Remember, IU never was in a pickle come season tip-off. Also, CAM jumped on board and recruited MORE players than Crean was at his end with the "recruiting pickle" in full tilt. So maybe Crean simply knew more about player intentions and plans than we the fans knew.

are you saying Creaner had this planned out every year or just happened to have it right this year? he knew patterson would get a C- and not the C he needed in summer school? he know Roth would prefer to start real life on short notice?

love how some of you dudes still defend The Martyr reflexively. hehehe

are you saying Creaner had this planned out every year or just happened to have it right this year? he knew patterson would get a C- and not the C he needed in summer school? he know Roth would prefer to start real life on short notice?

love how some of you dudes still defend The Martyr reflexively. hehehe

It's amazing how many people defend his time at IU and act like he was the lone guy that could have pulled the program from the ashes. It's so tiring. Many men could have done what he did, but also many would have reached success quicker, maintained success, recruited at a high logical level, and not gotten fired. The guy was a complete clown and was in wayyyyyyy over his head.

It's amazing how many people defend his time at IU and act like he was the lone guy that could have pulled the program from the ashes. It's so tiring. Many men could have done what he did, but also many would have reached success quicker, maintained success, recruited at a high logical level, and not gotten fired. The guy was a complete clown and was in wayyyyyyy over his head.

I don't entirely disagree, but Crean is who he is. People were telling us who he was at the time he was hired. We certainly had evidence of it before year nine. I blame the AD as much if not more than Crean.

Well, I don"t think that a lot of people were standing in line for the job at the time Crean was hired.
The program is in a lot better shape now, making getting a better coach easier.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Well, I don"t think that a lot of people were standing in line for the job at the time Crean was hired.

agreed.

Mike Davis' recent comments put it all in perspective. it was too big of a job for him or creaner but it fell to them and they couldn't turn it down.

I agree. Crean had his moments and over time the program improved. Crean is now history. Now we go from where we are with what we have. I haven't seen yet what CAM will do with this team. I have high hopes that CAM will bring improvement in team play and discipline which translates into winning and entertaining Basketball. I am hopeful that I will witness in your face, what flavor of chewing gum do you have, defense that morfs into a precisely executed offense.

He just committed to North Dakota State.

I'd be surprised if Jordan Tucker even knows there is a North Dakota State. And if he has any idea that Syracuse's winters can be worse that NDSU's, then I have little doubt he'll end up at GA Tech.

I'm OK with Tucker going elsewhere. Tucker's game isn't bad, but then for all the talent that's gone through there I can't recall a Wheeler kid helping a team to an NCAA championship yet and I've lived in the ATL nearly 30 years now. If Pastner can use the kid effectively enough to snag a C-ship, then he's a better coach than any of us knows.

Do you think many coaches would have made the program worse in 8 years?

Crean should have been out after year 3.

But it has finally passed and the fan base can be happy with coach Miller.

Reactions: mazz and jimmygoiu
I agree. Crean had his moments and over time the program improved. Crean is now history. Now we go from where we are with what we have. I haven't seen yet what CAM will do with this team. I have high hopes that CAM will bring improvement in team play and discipline which translates into winning and entertaining Basketball. I am hopeful that I will witness in your face, what flavor of chewing gum do you have, defense that morfs into a precisely executed offense.
CI Cam Creally Ctired Cof Call The Extra Cc's.

Sope Creek, I can read what he wrote. It is of little meaning. I posted an opinion on I U Basketball and the reply was based upon how I worded the text message. His was a reply I found had no merit. Hence I asked him for a meaning. Was his reply intended to berate me? If so, I find it childish.

Reactions: Indiana66
Sope Creek, I can read what he wrote. It is of little meaning. I posted an opinion on I U Basketball and the reply was based upon how I worded the text message. His was a reply I found had no merit. Hence I asked him for a meaning. Was his reply intended to berate me? If so, I find it childish.
No need to feel berated. Use all the c's you want and so will I.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT