ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stick a fork in DeSantis?

He copy/pastes from his loony LWNJ sites.

He can’t be expected to make sure they make sense.
He needs some new influences. I’ve got both a relationship coach and life coach now.
Coach Blac Blacademic for relationships
Manofwarr for life

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
This board is a strange world where people with no qualifications in your field somehow laugh at you and pretend they are worthy of anyone paying attention to them. If anyone wonders why grifting has become such an art form on the Right, all they need to do is look at the cadre of folks on this board who post nonsense then go around liking each other's posts.

And then when someone posts something they have no rebuttal for, they post smiley faces and complain about the length of posts others make...Really strange, but most of them bragged for months about the coming Red Wave, because basically they are isolated from reality.

But back to the theme of this thread, which is something that for a rare moment I'm sure the Trumpers (batshit crazy as they are) will likely agree with me on- Ron is toast. He can't win Trumpers and moderates, and every far right move he makes to try and win Trumpers just makes him less tolerable to the rest of us...

Remember this?...

Problem is (and not sure Trump even knows this yet) the reality of Ron's "career" in the military sort of makes a mockery of the ad. Like Dukakis in the tank level of absurdity, and I can only imagine the nickname Trump will come up with pretty shortly...

Ron DeSantis- ASSISTANT Urinalysis coordinator... Didn't realize that was an actual MOS...

You just posted about something you have no qualifications to post about. We don’t have MOSs for Navy officers, we have general categories and designators. His category is staff corps and his designator is JAG Corps. Mine was Line (warfare category) and my designator was Surface Warfare. A pilot would be Aviation Warfare and DeSantis never claimed to be an aviator. If the guy doing that video was actually an aviator he was in full dick mode counting on the ignorance of those watching because every officer besides the CO has collateral duties, DeSantis was a LT at the time of that fitness report (FITREP) and he was a junior officer so he was assigned collateral duties which are done by junior officers. For example, when I was a junior officer mine included Wardroom Mess Treasurer and Postal Audit Board member (audited stamp inventory every month in the ship’s post office) among many others. There’s a list of collateral duties for every unit that need to be filled. There is nothing unusual or laugh worthy about DeSantis’ collateral duties and if the video guy was really an officer he’d know that.

He didn’t show DeSantis’ ratings which start just below what he did show. Most likely because they were good. If they weren’t he could have made fun of that instead. I’m not a DeSantis fan, but everything I can find about his service was positive. He even has a Bronze Star which is awarded for heroic achievement or service in a combat zone. That’s unusual for a JAG officer.

Anyway, anyone laughing at that video is ignorant and the guy in the video is a jackass.

Last edited:
You just posted about something you have no qualifications to post about. We don’t have MOSs for Navy officers, we have general categories and designators. His category is staff corps and his designator is JAG Corps. Mine was Line (warfare category) and my designator was Surface Warfare. A pilot would be Aviation Warfare and DeSantis never claimed to be an aviator. If the guy doing that video was actually an aviator he was in full dick mode counting on the ignorance of those watching because every officer besides the CO has collateral duties, DeSantis was a LT at the time of that fitness report (FITREP) and he was junior officer so he was assigned collateral duties which are done by junior officers. For example, when I was a junior officer mine included Wardroom Mess Treasurer and Postal Audit Board member (audited stamp inventory every month in the ship’s post office) among many others. There’s a list of collateral duties for every unit that need to be filled. There is nothing unusual or laugh worthy about DeSantis’ collateral duties and if the video guy was really an officer he’d know that.

He didn’t show DeSantis’ ratings which start just below what he did show. Most likely because they were good because if they weren’t he could have made fun of that instead. I’m not a DeSantis fan, but everything I can find about his service was positive. He even has a Bronze Star which is awarded for heroic achievement or service in a combat zone. That’s unusual for a JAG officer.

Anyway, anyone laughing at that video is ignorant and the guy in the video is a jackass.
Ouch.

That’s gonna leave a mark.

You just posted about something you have no qualifications to post about. We don’t have MOSs for Navy officers, we have general categories and designators. His category is staff corps and his designator is JAG Corps. Mine was Line (warfare category) and my designator was Surface Warfare. A pilot would be Aviation Warfare and DeSantis never claimed to be an aviator. If the guy doing that video was actually an aviator he was in full dick mode counting on the ignorance of those watching because every officer besides the CO has collateral duties, DeSantis was a LT at the time of that fitness report (FITREP) and he was a junior officer so he was assigned collateral duties which are done by junior officers. For example, when I was a junior officer mine included Wardroom Mess Treasurer and Postal Audit Board member (audited stamp inventory every month in the ship’s post office) among many others. There’s a list of collateral duties for every unit that need to be filled. There is nothing unusual or laugh worthy about DeSantis’ collateral duties and if the video guy was really an officer he’d know that.

He didn’t show DeSantis’ ratings which start just below what he did show. Most likely because they were good. If they weren’t he could have made fun of that instead. I’m not a DeSantis fan, but everything I can find about his service was positive. He even has a Bronze Star which is awarded for heroic achievement or service in a combat zone. That’s unusual for a JAG officer.

Why aren't you a Desantis fan?

Who ARE you a fan of?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
This shows how incredibly gullible you are. If you actually look at the document shown, he was a JAG officer - he never claimed to be a pilot.

And, as anyone who has ever been in the military knows, everyone has other duties they perform. Desantis' other duty was to make sure everyone in his group took their piss test. Big deal.

Maybe if you'd have spent some time in the military and not hanging around the snack bar in Germany, you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself by posting this.
Except, the guy exposing him WAS a NAVY pilot, and HE is the one who took him to task. No idea why you'd think I was "embarrassing myself"- I'm not the one who supports a phony populist with an Ivy League pedigree and an autocratic bent.

I also know that some actual SEALS are not happy with the way he's embellished his JAG attachment to the SEALS with being an actual SEAL.It;s not that he personally makes false claims about being a pilot or a SEAL, it's just that he never corrects anyone who jumps to the conclusions he is obviously trying to foster.

He knows that plenty in his base are gullible enough to assume he was a pilot based on doing a hokey Tom Cruise impression in a fake Top Gun video or a SEAL based on appearing in photos alongside actual SEALS he was attached to...

But since this thread is about what Trump will do to DeSantis, the point is this subject will almost certainly come up in a debate,and if a nickname referring to that "duty" doesn't appear shortly in the Trump lexicon, I'll be pretty shocked. Neither of those issues are important to me, since I already don't like DeSantis, but his corruption and Fascist tendancies just reenforce my personal animosity towards the little would be emperor...

I just don't want moderates to be fooled to somehow thinking deSantis is some sort of moderate centrist, which some might believe if they just surface compare him to Trump.

He's a dangerous autocrat who should just stay in FL and let the citizens there like him or hate him deal with having him as Governor.I know the Dems have aleady started running anti-DeSantis ads in purple states, so hopefully even if he were to somehow win the GOP nomination he can remain strictly a GOP problem in his little red kingdom...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory

First off I kind of merged two posts into one, in what was initially a sort of open letter to shooter, and my use of the word "you" was meant to apply directly to him. He is an expert with credentials that were established on this board long before some of the people who make fun of him and try to disclaim his experience were even around. I also remember that like you, he was also at one point a GOP voter...So that's what the first part of my post was about, the idiots who demean shooter...

I then morphed into the DeSantis video, mainly because I didn't want to make two seperate posts and the DeSantis video was on topic for the intent I had when I started the thread. I do make a distinction between an actual pilot criticizing DeSantis as a phony, and my statements regarding people on this board with no knowledge of the issues involved criticizing other members and attacking their credibility in their particular field of expertise.

So my thoughts on board conduct are not the same as criticizing an outsider like DeSantis- just to clarify that confusion. Also I wasn't even the one making fun of DeSantis that was Ken Harbaugh, who based on his wiki I'd say is qualified to critique DeSantis from a military aspect, and would likely make a better candidate for POTUS as well. He strikes me as a much better human being (esp his non profit work), but that's just my opinion.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military service
Personal details
Ken Harbaugh
BornDecember 15, 1973 (age 49)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, U.S.
Political partyDemocratic
EducationDuke University (BA)
Yale University (JD)
Allegiance
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
Branch/service
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Navy.svg.png
United States Navy
Years of service1996–2005[1]
RankUS Navy O3 infobox.svg Lieutenant
CommandsElectronic Warfare Mission Commander
Combat Reconnaissance Crew Mission Commander
Battles/warsOperation Enduring Freedom
AwardsNavy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal ribbon.svg Navy Commendation Medal
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal ribbon.svg Navy Achievement Medal (2)
Ken Harbaugh (born December 15, 1973)[2][3][4] is a former United States Navy pilot and nonprofit executive. Harbaugh was the Democratic Party nominee for the U.S. House of Representatives representing Ohio's 7th congressional district in the 2018 election.[5]

Early life, education, and military service[edit]​

Harbaugh, who grew up in a military family, earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Duke University in 1996 and a Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School in 2008, and studied at Oxford University while an undergraduate at Duke.[3][1] He served for nine years in the United States Navy as a naval aviator. His qualifications include Electronic Warfare Aircraft Commander,[6] the lead pilot of an EP-3A Aries II electronic reconnaissance aircraft.[7]
In 2015, Harbaugh wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times, criticizing what he regards as a lax VA disability compensation program.[8]
Ken Harbaugh was the 2020 Hooah Award winner, given annually to an American veteran “who defines citizenship through service to our country, both in uniform and beyond.” His writing on civil-military affairs has appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times, The Bulwark, and the Yale Journal of International Law. He served as a commentator for National Public Radio and as host for Crooked Media’s Reclaiming Patriotism. He currently hosts several podcasts, including Warriors in Their Own Words, and Burn the Boats, which received a 2021 Ambies nomination for best political podcast of the year."

Hearbaugh also posted a previous expose of Eric Greitens and urged him not to run for the Senate. Based on his personal history, I'd say it was justified...

Nonprofit career[edit]​

In 2007, Harbaugh co-founded The Mission Continues, a nonprofit focusing on veterans issues, with Eric Greitens, who went on to become the Republican Governor of Missouri.[9] The Mission Continues was chronicled in Joe Klein's book Charlie Mike, which detailed the efforts of Harbaugh, Greitens, and others to raise money for and then staff their organization.[10]

He is the former president of Team Rubicon, a nonprofit that deploys military veterans worldwide as emergency first responders.[3]

Again I don't think I've ever ridiculed another board member's KNOWLEDGE/EXPERTISE of THEIR profession (though I admit I've tip toed the line with Van), so I don't think my initial encouragement to shooter and implicit call out of his "critics" was out of line or even relatable to Harbaugh's criticism of DeSantis.

• Haha
First off I kind of merged two posts into one, in what was initially a sort of open letter to shooter, and my use of the word "you" was meant to apply directly to him. He is an expert with credentials that were established on this board long before some of the people who make fun of him and try to disclaim his experience were even around. I also remember that like you, he was also at one point a GOP voter...So that's what the first part of my post was about, the idiots who demean shooter...

I then morphed into the DeSantis video, mainly because I didn't want to make two seperate posts and the DeSantis video was on topic for the intent I had when I started the thread. I do make a distinction between an actual pilot criticizing DeSantis as a phony, and my statements regarding people on this board with no knowledge of the issues involved criticizing other members and attacking their credibility in their particular field of expertise.

So my thoughts on board conduct are not the same as criticizing an outsider like DeSantis- just to clarify that confusion. Also I wasn't even the one making fun of DeSantis that was Ken Harbaugh, who based on his wiki I'd say is qualified to critique DeSantis from a military aspect, and would likely make a better candidate for POTUS as well. He strikes me as a much better human being (esp his non profit work), but that's just my opinion.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military service
Personal details
Ken Harbaugh
BornDecember 15, 1973 (age 49)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, U.S.
Political partyDemocratic
EducationDuke University (BA)
Yale University (JD)
Allegiance
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
Branch/service
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Navy.svg.png
United States Navy
Years of service1996–2005[1]
RankUS Navy O3 infobox.svg Lieutenant
CommandsElectronic Warfare Mission Commander
Combat Reconnaissance Crew Mission Commander
Battles/warsOperation Enduring Freedom
AwardsNavy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal ribbon.svg Navy Commendation Medal
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal ribbon.svg Navy Achievement Medal (2)
Ken Harbaugh (born December 15, 1973)[2][3][4] is a former United States Navy pilot and nonprofit executive. Harbaugh was the Democratic Party nominee for the U.S. House of Representatives representing Ohio's 7th congressional district in the 2018 election.[5]

Early life, education, and military service[edit]​

Harbaugh, who grew up in a military family, earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Duke University in 1996 and a Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School in 2008, and studied at Oxford University while an undergraduate at Duke.[3][1] He served for nine years in the United States Navy as a naval aviator. His qualifications include Electronic Warfare Aircraft Commander,[6] the lead pilot of an EP-3A Aries II electronic reconnaissance aircraft.[7]
In 2015, Harbaugh wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times, criticizing what he regards as a lax VA disability compensation program.[8]
Ken Harbaugh was the 2020 Hooah Award winner, given annually to an American veteran “who defines citizenship through service to our country, both in uniform and beyond.” His writing on civil-military affairs has appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times, The Bulwark, and the Yale Journal of International Law. He served as a commentator for National Public Radio and as host for Crooked Media’s Reclaiming Patriotism. He currently hosts several podcasts, including Warriors in Their Own Words, and Burn the Boats, which received a 2021 Ambies nomination for best political podcast of the year."

Hearbaugh also posted a previous expose of Eric Greitens and urged him not to run for the Senate. Based on his personal history, I'd say it was justified...

Nonprofit career[edit]​

In 2007, Harbaugh co-founded The Mission Continues, a nonprofit focusing on veterans issues, with Eric Greitens, who went on to become the Republican Governor of Missouri.[9] The Mission Continues was chronicled in Joe Klein's book Charlie Mike, which detailed the efforts of Harbaugh, Greitens, and others to raise money for and then staff their organization.[10]

He is the former president of Team Rubicon, a nonprofit that deploys military veterans worldwide as emergency first responders.[3]

Again I don't think I've ever ridiculed another board member's KNOWLEDGE/EXPERTISE of THEIR profession (though I admit I've tip toed the line with Van), so I don't think my initial encouragement to shooter and implicit call out of his "critics" was out of line or even relatable to Harbaugh's criticism of DeSantis.
Harbaugh is a jerk playing to the ignorant with that video. It’s 100% unfair criticism. That’s a fact.

By the way, that guy left the Navy as a junior officer and his highest level medal is nothing compared to a bronze star. Harbaugh has one Naval Commendation Medal. Not especially impressive for the time he was in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DANC and jet812
Except, the guy exposing him WAS a NAVY pilot, and HE is the one who took him to task. No idea why you'd think I was "embarrassing myself"- I'm not the one who supports a phony populist with an Ivy League pedigree and an autocratic bent.

I also know that some actual SEALS are not happy with the way he's embellished his JAG attachment to the SEALS with being an actual SEAL.It;s not that he personally makes false claims about being a pilot or a SEAL, it's just that he never corrects anyone who jumps to the conclusions he is obviously trying to foster.

He knows that plenty in his base are gullible enough to assume he was a pilot based on doing a hokey Tom Cruise impression in a fake Top Gun video or a SEAL based on appearing in photos alongside actual SEALS he was attached to...

But since this thread is about what Trump will do to DeSantis, the point is this subject will almost certainly come up in a debate,and if a nickname referring to that "duty" doesn't appear shortly in the Trump lexicon, I'll be pretty shocked. Neither of those issues are important to me, since I already don't like DeSantis, but his corruption and Fascist tendancies just reenforce my personal animosity towards the little would be emperor...

I just don't want moderates to be fooled to somehow thinking deSantis is some sort of moderate centrist, which some might believe if they just surface compare him to Trump.

He's a dangerous autocrat who should just stay in FL and let the citizens there like him or hate him deal with having him as Governor.I know the Dems have aleady started running anti-DeSantis ads in purple states, so hopefully even if he were to somehow win the GOP nomination he can remain strictly a GOP problem in his little red kingdom...

Yeah, I don't understand the strategy. I thought DeSantis would seriously dial back the anti-woke/culture war rhetoric after he won reelection as governor, but there's no evidence of that.

In the 21st century, presidential elections boil down to fewer than 10 states. The parties have to nominate candidates who will appeal to voters in those relatively few states. Anti-woke messaging is not going to widely resonate in swing states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and other places. In fact, an Ipsos poll published last week in USA Today revealed that 56% of Americans consider "woke" to be a positive term.

The primaries are still a long way off. A lot can happen between now and then. I recall Jeb! polling well during much of 2015 but his numbers plummeted late in the year and into 2016.

The nominee this time around could ultimately be someone other than Trump or DeSantis. Trump is certainly not electable nationally. DeSantis may not be either.

Whenever I see that cheesy DeSantis smile, it reminds me of Mr. Collins:
86be5cf67b5f043ed00caebfd97fbd49.jpg

Since he carbon-copies Trump, I have to believe copies everybody else too (after doing voter acceptance research, of course).
Stupid. He won by the largest percentage in four decades. Clearly the voters where he governs appreciate him. Forest trees.

Stupid. He won by the largest percentage in four decades. Clearly the voters where he governs appreciate him. Forest trees.
1. Trump says attack and jeer and ridicule anyone who came to my event supporting someone else or representing media that Trump dislikes.

2. Mini-Me Desantis says block anyone coming to my event with Trump garb.

3. McMurtry reads my posts all the time but, for some reason, tells me not to respond to his.

4. It still isn't clear whether McMurtry loves Desantis as much he did 6 months ago, before Desantis came under closer scrutiny and started showing his ass. (I asked him but got no response.)

Go Hoosiers!

1. Trump says attack and jeer and ridicule anyone who came to my event supporting someone else or representing media that Trump dislikes.

2. Mini-Me Desantis says block anyone coming to my event with Trump garb.

3. McMurtry reads my posts all the time but, for some reason, tells me not to respond to his.

4. It still isn't clear whether McMurtry loves Desantis as much he did 6 months ago, before Desantis came under closer scrutiny and started showing his ass. (I asked him but got no response.)

Go Hoosiers!
You’re right. I shouldn’t have replied to you

You’re right. I shouldn’t have replied to you
I don't care at all if you respond substantively to my posts. But, more to the point, do you still prefer Desantis at this point?

I think you may have said you are at least a parttime Florida resident and I know you have said you do not prefer Trump for 2024. Now that Desantis is coming out of his defensive shell a bit and at least two other "Republicans" are signaling that they intend to run in 2024, I thought you may have an updated opinion about Desantis.

Yeah, I don't understand the strategy. I thought DeSantis would seriously dial back the anti-woke/culture war rhetoric after he won reelection as governor, but there's no evidence of that.

In the 21st century, presidential elections boil down to fewer than 10 states. The parties have to nominate candidates who will appeal to voters in those relatively few states. Anti-woke messaging is not going to widely resonate in swing states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and other places. In fact, an Ipsos poll published last week in USA Today revealed that 56% of Americans consider "woke" to be a positive term.

The primaries are still a long way off. A lot can happen between now and then. I recall Jeb! polling well during much of 2015 but his numbers plummeted late in the year and into 2016.

The nominee this time around could ultimately be someone other than Trump or DeSantis. Trump is certainly not electable nationally. DeSantis may not be either.
No one is voting for DeSoros. Trust me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT