ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stick a fork in DeSantis?

The "if they have a year in the job" thing is something McM has pointed out repeatedly as being a major issue and Hickory just doesn't want to acknowledge that.

Apparently Pete's position didn't have that requirement. Want to explain how that is Pete's fault?

There is a difference between claiming Pete took a perk that he didn't qualify for and claiming that his job shouldn't have had that perk to begin with. Where would you like to place the goal posts?

If it's the latter, then mcm's issue shouldn't be with Pete but with the person that setup that perk for the position.

Unless Pete's job had the wait a year requirement, then there's nothing to acknowledge with mcm's complaint. And even if it did, then it would be crappy that Pete cheated the system but hardly the mountain of an issue that mcm likes to pretend it is and far more minor than some of the crap mcm ignores among GOP politicians.

If Pete becomes persona non grata for simply taking advantage of a perk that not everyone in the country is entitled to, then find me a politician that shouldn't also be persona non grata.

Last edited:
That’s not the question. Politically appointed cabinet secretaries are not in the civil service system and Pete was free to work as much or as little as he wanted. Pete is in a position that requires a high degree of professionalism and judgment. The question is whether he showed professionalism and judgment by taking leave and keeping it quiet. I think not. The fact that most people didn't even notice his absence speaks to another issue about how he does his job.
I don't know what benefits political appointees get. I assumed it was the same as other government civilians but I don't know and could be wrong. I don't know any political appointees to ask.

Of course you would think that is fair. That’s how you think. But the relationship has nothing to do with truth and accuracy. 50 of those very same intelligence officials knowingly signed onto a big lie in the case of Hunter’s laptop. What does that tell you about relationships?

big lie? for thinking the laptop story sounded like propaganda?

Rudy Guiliani and the others that peddled the laptop story weren't exactly known for their honesty/integrity or for being unbaised. I think it's pretty understandable to think he was just peddling in more BS for trump/russia.

One would have to prove what they knew at the time to be claiming they were lying. Otherwise, they were merely giving an opinion based on what it looked like at the time.

That still doesn't change the fact that people have every right to question trump's loyalties when he was standing by Putin over our own agencies.

That’s not the question. Politically appointed cabinet secretaries are not in the civil service system and Pete was free to work as much or as little as he wanted. Pete is in a position that requires a high degree of professionalism and judgment. The question is whether he showed professionalism and judgment by taking leave and keeping it quiet. I think not. The fact that most people didn't even notice his absence speaks to another issue about how he does his job.

The fact or the opinion? Was it just one disgruntled worker claiming Pete didn't tell anyone? Seems odd that people that worked with him didn't realize his absence but people on this board sure seemed to know right away. lol

When Jim Jordan brings forth fbi whistleblowers and claims it as proof of fbi malfeasance only to find out later that the whistleblowers were paid off by people connected to trump, I will continue to take stuff with a huge grain of salt that comes out of conservatives and conservative media.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Did the vaccine mandates cleanse the military of many Republicans? Serious question. I‘ve read that is what happened, but I have no idea if that is accurate.
I don't know that's not my experience. I didn't have anyone leave or not reenlist because of the mandate and I'm happy I didn't have to separate anyone for refusing to obey an order. I had a couple people that requested religious exemptions but they weren't processed before the mandate was canceled.

Apparently Pete's position didn't have that requirement. Want to explain how that is Pete's fault?

There is a difference between claiming Pete took a perk that he didn't qualify for and claiming that his job shouldn't have had that perk to begin with? Where would you like to place the goal posts?

If it's the latter, then mcm's issue shouldn't be with Pete but with the person that setup that perk for the position.

Unless Pete's job had the wait a year requirement, then there's nothing to acknowledge with mcm's complaint. And even if it did, then it would be crappy that Pete cheated the system but hardly the mountain of an issue that mcm likes to pretend it is and far more minor than some of the crap mcm ignores among GOP politicians.

If Pete becomes persona non grata for simply taking advantage of a perk that not everyone in the country is entitled to, then find me a politician that shouldn't also be persona non grata.
Government civilians can take unpaid paternity leave if they haven't had a year on the job. I don't know if the rules apply to appointees or not. Does anyone know whether his leave was paid or unpaid?

I don't know if it's incorrect or not. I don't think Russia necessarily wanted Trump to win, but I haven't seen any evidence, other than the opinion of our intelligence community, whom we KNOW lied (Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation) to ensure Biden's election.

I don't know what actions they took, either, other than maybe some bots or possibly spreading rumors on the internet - although, again, I've heard no specifics.

But to answer you, no I don't think your statement is a lie - just your opinion. I have my opinion that may differ from yours, but opinions aren't lies unless they're declared facts without any proof or backing.

If Aloha would use a portion of his brain, he would see that what Trump believes is his opinion, based on 4+ years of media and Democrat efforts to short-circuit his Presidency. I believe he's justified in having that opinion, whether I believe it or not.
You haven’t seen any evidence because you refuse to read or listen to any source that would give you that evidence. Of course Putin wanted Trump to win.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Ohio Guy
You haven’t seen any evidence because you refuse to read or listen to any source that would give you that evidence. Of course Putin wanted Trump to win.

He probably still thinks Russian agents were in Trump Tower in 2015 to discuss adoption of a Russian baby lol.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Either parent is eligible for paid parental leave. One of my male civilian employees took 6 weeks off after his wife gave birth. He could have had 12 but didn't want to take that much time off and to save the rest in case he needed it.

So what magic place do you live in where Pete had a yr on the job?

Reactions: DANC

There is a difference between claiming Pete took a perk that he didn't qualify for and claiming that his job shouldn't have had that perk to begin with. Where would you like to place the goal posts?

You really do love him don't you? If he had an ounce of personal dignity and gave a damn about the nature of his job it wouldn't even have been an issue.

It's 100 percent BS that the troops love him because most don't. I don't feel so lonely any more. Democrats are probably still outnumbered but there are a lot more Democrats than there were before Trump. Thanks Trump! 😀
Well, I sure as heck don’t thank him. Trumpsters and Trump are like disease and it’s killing GOP body politic.

I don't know that's not my experience. I didn't have anyone leave or not reenlist because of the mandate and I'm happy I didn't have to separate anyone for refusing to obey an order. I had a couple people that requested religious exemptions but they weren't processed before the mandate was canceled.
I had one guy quit due to our mandate.

Pete wasn’t on the job a year. His request as a cab member was at the discretion of the president. And of course he asked - despite same not being available to the 3 million or whatever other fed ees. Bc that’s pete

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
Why even bother with him? Apparently if you don't want a nuclear war with Russia then you're a Putin lover. You simply can't engage with someone that insane.
I'm hopelessly optimistic. However, it is frustrating to try to have a discussion with someone who is obviously intelligent and patriotic, only to be told opinions different than theirs are lies.

There are certain posters I can't take seriously - Hickory, Zeke, Outside Shitter, etc.. I believer Aloha can be salvaged, but he needs to open his mind to the possibility he's been duped.

Reactions: Crayfish57
It's 100 percent BS that the troops love him because most don't. I don't feel so lonely any more. Democrats are probably still outnumbered but there are a lot more Democrats than there were before Trump. Thanks Trump! 😀
If 'most' don't love him, why are Democrats still outnumbered?

You work in the Pentagon, right? Do you ever get out to any Army posts, AF bases, Marine and Navy bases, and talk to enlisted people?

I'm hopelessly optimistic. However, it is frustrating to try to have a discussion with someone who is obviously intelligent and patriotic, only to be told opinions different than theirs are lies.

There are certain posters I can't take seriously - Hickory, Zeke, Outside Shitter, etc.. I believer Aloha can be salvaged, but he needs to open his mind to the possibility he's been duped.
Says the guy that’s been duped by Trump. 😄

Says the guy that’s been duped by Trump. 😄
And apparently Biden duped you? I dont want Trump running, his first three yrs before Covid, and make no mistake Covid was not an accident he did a great job, even after the Covid scam if he wouldve just walked away he would be the best hope we have in 2024. You and so many others have some unwarranted deep hatred that will never change. I thank you for your service but it doesnt make your opinions any more valuable on this. You need to let your hate go. I despise Joe Biden and have for going on 20 years but it doesn't eat me up every day

If 'most' don't love him, why are Democrats still outnumbered?

You work in the Pentagon, right? Do you ever get out to any Army posts, AF bases, Marine and Navy bases, and talk to enlisted people?
Bing is in command on WPAFB. Poor bastage will probably have to go to the Pentagon after command. That’s generally the case. It is for the Navy. Working in the Pentagon sucks IMO. I opted out to stay in the fleet which ended my promotions, but I’m perfectly happy with that decision.

And apparently Biden duped you? I dont want Trump running, his first three yrs before Covid, and make no mistake Covid was not an accident he did a great job, even after the Covid scam if he wouldve just walked away he would be the best hope we have in 2024. You and so many others have some unwarranted deep hatred that will never change. I thank you for your service but it doesnt make your opinions any more valuable on this. You need to let your hate go. I despise Joe Biden and have for going on 20 years but it doesn't eat me up every day
I know exactly who Trump is and he’s unfit to be President. It was an easy choice to make and I don’t love Biden by any stretch of the imagination.

You need to let your hate for Biden go. ;)

Bing is in command on WPAFB. Poor bastage will probably have to go to the Pentagon after command. That’s generally the case. It is for the Navy. Working in the Pentagon sucks IMO. I opted out to stay in the fleet which ended my promotions, but I’m perfectly happy with that decision.
Yeah, I know he's some kind of mucket-muck. I doubt he has many bull sessions in the barracks with the troops/airmen.

I've actually worked in the Pentagon for a while. When I was there - a while ago - I enjoyed my time there. We had access to a lot of interesting stuff and I wasn't around a lot of stuffy brass.

Is WPAFB Wright Patterson AFB? I'll stop by and say hello next time I drive up to Indiana!

I expect a personal tour of the Roswell relics.

Reactions: UncleMark
Yeah, I know he's some kind of mucket-muck. I doubt he has many bull sessions in the barracks with the troops/airmen.

I've actually worked in the Pentagon for a while. When I was there - a while ago - I enjoyed my time there. We had access to a lot of interesting stuff and I wasn't around a lot of stuffy brass.
I know a few that enjoyed their tours there, but most didn’t. Those at my rank typically worked 12 to 16 hour days, usually 6 days a week. Not my ideal shore duty assignment with a kid in elementary school at the time.

I know a few that enjoyed their tours there, but most didn’t. Those at my rank typically worked 12 to 16 hour days, usually 6 days a week. Not my ideal shore duty assignment with a kid in elementary school at the time.
Yes, I was a peon, so I wasn't expected to put in a lot of extra time. Still, the senior officers I interacted with were pretty cool.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Is WPAFB Wright Patterson AFB? I'll stop by and say hello next time I drive up to Indiana!

I expect a personal tour of the Roswell relics.
It is. My last active duty assignment was there. The supposed secret hangar doesn’t exist, but the Air Force museum is well worth a visit - and you can’t see all of it in a day.

It is. My last active duty assignment was there. The supposed secret hangar doesn’t exist, but the Air Force museum is well worth a visit - and you can’t see all of it in a day.
I've been told that. I have an IU buddy who retired from 5th 3rd Bank in Dayton and he keeps wanting me to come up there.

My cousin's boy was an AF MP in whatever base is in New Mexico. He said there was a section of the base that was off-limits to them, but some nights he saw company-size groups of guys all dressed alike in dark uniforms who went in there......

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I know exactly who Trump is and he’s unfit to be President. It was an easy choice to make and I don’t love Biden by any stretch of the imagination.

You need to let your hate for Biden go. ;)
Obviously you don't know shit to be honest

It always gives me a laugh when you talk about posters who aren’t serious and especially posters who have been duped. None so blind as those who will not see. #2,000mulesismybible

• Haha
Covid was not an accident? What conspiracy theory do you believe for that one? No one got duped by Joe Biden. He wasn’t Trump. And that’s all that was needed.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT