ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stick a fork in DeSantis?

The Army is coming off losing two consecutive wars in 20 years.
We didn't lose militarily. We could have gone on indefinitely and not lose any more troops than we lost in occupying Germany in bar fights.

It’s been through the cultural equivalent of a prison shower.
But we didn't drop the soap.

Seriously, this nation doesn't have a military problem - it has a political will problem. We're not very good at being the world's superpower. We don't like to hurt our enemy's feelings.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
But we didn't drop the soap.

Seriously, this nation doesn't have a military problem - it has a political will problem. We're not very good at being the world's superpower. We don't like to hurt our enemy's feelings.
The Army is commanded by people focused on national politics and not on warfighting.

There is a great deal of reason to wonder if warfighting remains a priority.
You've got to realize the top brass are as political as any Democrat or Republican politician. They have to be to get to where they are.

There are a lot of these programs that are set up and troops salute and attend the class or talk the talk. Then they roll their eyes and get on with their job.

I agree there could be problems if the wrong people are getting promoted in the senior NCO or Division-level officers. But those people are usually weeded out pretty quickly when the shooting starts - it's like that in every peacetime Army/military.

I'm more worried about the death rates at some military posts, like Fort Bragg (or whatever its politically correct name is now).

(link from Rolling Stone just for Zeke)

We have our own problems
That's a shame. The "resiliency" talking point has been making its way thru big corporations in the last couple years. Vapid VP ladder-climbing mumbo-jumbo. Execs and military brass must be attending the same rah-rah superlatives seminars.

Btw, a floating solar array sounds like a maintenance money pit.

Reactions: Spartans9312
You've got to realize the top brass are as political as any Democrat or Republican politician. They have to be to get to where they are.

There are a lot of these programs that are set up and troops salute and attend the class or talk the talk. Then they roll their eyes and get on with their job.

I agree there could be problems if the wrong people are getting promoted in the senior NCO or Division-level officers. But those people are usually weeded out pretty quickly when the shooting starts - it's like that in every peacetime Army/military.

I'm more worried about the death rates at some military posts, like Fort Bragg (or whatever its politically correct name is now).

(link from Rolling Stone just for Zeke)
Climate change may or may not be real.
The message from the Secretary of the Army about a “floating solar array” at Fort Bragg is not going to affect anything.

That's a shame. The "resiliency" talking point has been making its way thru big corporations in the last couple years. Vapid VP ladder-climbing mumbo-jumbo. Execs and military brass must be attending the same rah-rah superlatives seminars.

Btw, a floating solar array sounds like a maintenance money pit.
The Army can’t even fill its own ranks.
How does it expect to fight global warming?

Why won't you answer my question?

No, you don't want to discuss anything when you can't respond. So, it's "We're done".

This is SOP for you when you can't/won't respond. So be it.
I’ve answered that question several times. Trump and Russia didn’t conspire with each other to help Trump win the 2016 election. Russia did want Trump to win and their efforts probably helped him win. There’s a five volume bipartisan Senate report that says this. One of the key findings:

• The Committee found that the Russian government engaged in an aggressive, multi-faceted effort to influence, or attempt to influence, the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
Trump knows he’s lying about massive voter fraud costing him reelection in 2020. If he doesn’t actually know that he’s a total idiot or mentally ill. There are no other possibilities.

Reactions: MrBing
If China ever attacked us, they’d be at war with all of NATO because of our treaty alliance. They’d also be at war with Australia and Japan due to our treaties with them. This is why alliances are a good thing.
Alliances are a good thing. Having a bunch of protectorates is not. I think many of our present day alliances are more the latter than the former.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
🤷‍♀️

The Army focusing on solar panels is not going to save the planet.
The Army has an issue in that they are pumping out a narrative that does not mesh with the type of people that are normally drawn to the Army. "Come join the Woke Corp and tackle climate change" is something you use to attract well to do, faux activists to throw bricks through shop windows. It isn't something that attracts lower middle class whites to join up. And they have been the backbone of the armed forces.

I view the people pushing that stuff as the type of leaders who get a whole bunch of people killed for no damn good reason in a war before the meritocracy kicks back in. If your military is focusing on DEI it likely means you get to D I E in the next conflict before shit gets figured out.

The Army has an issue in that they are pumping out a narrative that does not mesh with the type of people that are normally drawn to the Army. "Come join the Woke Corp and tackle climate change" is something you use to attract well to do, faux activists to throw bricks through shop windows. It isn't something that attracts lower middle class whites to join up. And they have been the backbone of the armed forces.

I view the people pushing that stuff as the type of leaders who get a whole bunch of people killed for no damn good reason in a war before the meritocracy kicks back in. If your military is focusing on DEI it likely means you get to D I E in the next conflict before shit gets figured out.
Bingo.

If the focus of the army is on solar panels they are going to get American soldiers killed.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's incorrect or not. I don't think Russia necessarily wanted Trump to win, but I haven't seen any evidence, other than the opinion of our intelligence community, whom we KNOW lied (Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation) to ensure Biden's election.

I don't know what actions they took, either, other than maybe some bots or possibly spreading rumors on the internet - although, again, I've heard no specifics.

But to answer you, no I don't think your statement is a lie - just your opinion. I have my opinion that may differ from yours, but opinions aren't lies unless they're declared facts without any proof or backing.

If Aloha would use a portion of his brain, he would see that what Trump believes is his opinion, based on 4+ years of media and Democrat efforts to short-circuit his Presidency. I believe he's justified in having that opinion, whether I believe it or not.
It is incontrovertible that Russia interfered in the 2016 election in an effort to help Trump.

Aloha is right. You repeatedly post in bad faith. You distort facts, you deny facts, you mischaracterize other posters' comments, you are the king of false equivalences, you obfuscate, deflect and outright lie. But, apart from all that, I'm sure you're a wonderful person.

I’ve answered that question several times. Trump and Russia didn’t conspire with each other to help Trump win the 2016 election. Russia did want Trump to win and their efforts probably helped him win. There’s a five volume bipartisan Senate report that says this. One of the key findings:

• The Committee found that the Russian government engaged in an aggressive, multi-faceted effort to influence, or attempt to influence, the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
Trump knows he’s lying about massive voter fraud costing him reelection in 2020. If he doesn’t actually know that he’s a total idiot or mentally ill. There are no other possibilities.
I thought you were done with that discussion? You have to have the last word - OK, you've got it.

Read Crazy’s post. Does the Biden administration care more about preparation for warfighting or an ancillary isssue?
This was a discussion about the military - not the Biden Administration, which I'm pretty sure you know how I feel about it.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I thought you were done with that discussion? You have to have the last word - OK, you've got it.
Why even bother with him? Apparently if you don't want a nuclear war with Russia then you're a Putin lover. You simply can't engage with someone that insane.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Why even bother with him? Apparently if you don't want a nuclear war with Russia then you're a Putin lover. You simply can't engage with someone that insane.

When someone believes a foreign dictator (Putin) over their own U.S. Intelligence agencies, then I think it is fair to question the relationship.

Unavailable to anyone else? Bet most people at his level of job had the exact same perk available. And only a total mental midget would think he would be incapable of getting work done while at home if need be.

You are as dumb as they come and have no room to be talking about partisan idiots. Look in the mirror.
My civilian employees are entitled to 12 weeks paid leave in Pete's situation if they've had a year in the job.

Did Pete give birth and I miss it? A benefit his position was entitled to use? Do you really think in any other job with that kind of responsibility and pay he would have gotten that benefit in whatever the time frame which wasn't on the job long ? If Pete werent gay he would never be in that position to begin with since you bring that up. He has his husband or wife or whatever to take care of his adopted children and money to pay for care avg people can't. His only qualification for even getting the job is being gay.

Face it, you have no clue what you ramble on about
Either parent is eligible for paid parental leave. One of my male civilian employees took 6 weeks off after his wife gave birth. He could have had 12 but didn't want to take that much time off and to save the rest in case he needed it.

Last edited:
When someone believes a foreign dictator (Putin) over their own U.S. Intelligence agencies, then I think it is fair to question the relationship.
Of course you would think that is fair. That’s how you think. But the relationship has nothing to do with truth and accuracy. 50 of those very same intelligence officials knowingly signed onto a big lie in the case of Hunter’s laptop. What does that tell you about relationships?

Bull shit. Some do. Most don’t. You do know I still work with and deal with military personnel on a regular basis, don’t you?
It's 100 percent BS that the troops love him because most don't. I don't feel so lonely any more. Democrats are probably still outnumbered but there are a lot more Democrats than there were before Trump. Thanks Trump! 😀

Either parent is eligible for paid parental leave. One of my male civilian employees took 6 weeks off after his wife gave birth. He could have had 12 but didn't want to take that much time off and to save the rest in case he needed it.
That’s not the question. Politically appointed cabinet secretaries are not in the civil service system and Pete was free to work as much or as little as he wanted. Pete is in a position that requires a high degree of professionalism and judgment. The question is whether he showed professionalism and judgment by taking leave and keeping it quiet. I think not. The fact that most people didn't even notice his absence speaks to another issue about how he does his job.

It's 100 percent BS that the troops love him because most don't. I don't feel so lonely any more. Democrats are probably still outnumbered but there are a lot more Democrats than there were before Trump. Thanks Trump! 😀
Did the vaccine mandates cleanse the military of many Republicans? Serious question. I‘ve read that is what happened, but I have no idea if that is accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT