ADVERTISEMENT

Intelligent discussion of what's going on with young men in the U.S.

BradStevens

All-Big Ten
Sep 7, 2023

Long, but good discussion on the issues facing young men and boys today.

One of the crazy stats from the beginning that sounds superficial but kinda blew me away: on dating apps, women spend most of their time just interested in the top guys. So if you have an app with 50 men and 50 women, all 50 women are going to be focused on the top 4 or 5 guys, with the other 90% of men getting no attention. Women are the anti- @larsIU

One of the crazy stats from the beginning that sounds superficial but kinda blew me away: on dating apps, women spend most of their time just interested in the top guys. So if you have an app with 50 men and 50 women, all 50 women are going to be focused on the top 4 or 5 guys, with the other 90% of men getting no attention. Women are the anti- @larsIU
bwahahahahaha please. pass.

one word. Ataraxia. No how to get it?

"A state of serene calmness?"

Sure: die.
or learn how to live....

images

You're saying the reverse isn't true as well?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I would love to see what the quality is like on dating apps. But you have to create a profile etc which I’m not doing. I wish you could see without that
My nephew (by marriage) found an absolute smoke show on one of the dating apps. They're getting married in October.

He's a nice guy, but kind of short and average looks. Kind of awkward socially, but a nice guy. They're both in their early 30s - I think her biological clock is ticking.

But I was impressed. I think you should at least check it out. Former semi-professional athlete? You'd definitely be pulling them in.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
My nephew (by marriage) found an absolute smoke show on one of the dating apps. They're getting married in October.

He's a nice guy, but kind of short and average looks. Kind of awkward socially, but a nice guy. They're both in their early 30s - I think her biological clock is ticking.

But I was impressed. I think you should at least check it out. Former semi-professional athlete? You'd definitely be pulling them in.
Bitch I played at the highest level there was. No damn semi nothin

I would love to see what the quality is like on dating apps. But you have to create a profile etc which I’m not doing. I wish you could see without that

marriage is sacred. I love my wife. we've built so much together and I'd never throw that away. because I love her so damn much I also happen to know you can fake a Tinder profile no prob and eye eff mature ladies with complete anonymity. I do it for her.

warning: 50 years looks like 35 on some, 115 on others. Jesus, I can't believe I'm the same age as some of these women.

You're saying the reverse isn't true as well?
By reverse you mean that all the men spend all their time chasing after the top 10% of women? I guess from the stats, that's not true. From my personal experience, I don't think that's true either.

Reactions: larsIU
marriage is sacred. I love my wife. we've built so much together and I'd never throw that away. because I love her so damn much I also happen to know you can fake a Tinder profile no prob and eye eff mature ladies with complete anonymity. I do it for her.

warning: 50 years looks like 35 on some, 115 on others. Jesus, I can't believe I'm the same age as some of these women.
🤣🤣🤣

Recently watched a program regarding the top male lions dominating the attention of the females in a pride.

However, unlike lions we lesser human males can and do find someone to mate with.

It could be argued lions breed a stronger blood line than we humans. On the other hand, the extent to which lions take survival of the fittest is rather inhumane :).

You lazy sonofabitch.
SWM 53 with the energy of a 49 yr old. Divorced. Two children. Separate moms. Uniquely terrible. Seeks single female between the ages of 23 and 29. No kids. No divorceees. To order in and watch long stretches of European championships and if things go well - hold my stick shift (you won’t be disappointed). Reply with pics. Date stamped only. No head shots. Head to toe.

I’m sure I’d do well

SWM 53 with the energy of a 49 yr old. Divorced. Two children. Separate moms. Uniquely terrible. Seeks single female between the ages of 23 and 29. No kids. No divorceees. To order in and watch long stretches of European championships and if things go well - hold my stick shift (you won’t be disappointed). Reply with pics. Date stamped only. No head shots. Head to toe.

I’m sure I’d do well

You'd pull them in if you incorporated Vanderpump rules in their somehow.

@VanPastorMan may have some insights on how to navigate this problem. 😇
Some people can find a wife or husband on the apps. But you have to be very careful. One issue I have is the apps create what I call a, "shopper spirit" with people. You go through the pics and read a bit and then you are judging if you stay there or move on to the next. Is it possible to find someone this way? Sure, but you have to have wisdom to know all the questions to ask. Finding a spouse is different than just finding somebody to hook up with. You have to talk about values, beliefs etc So if you find someone you think is not hideous and they are the right age, values, beliefs then it could work out. But again you have to be very careful.

Recently watched a program regarding the top male lions dominating the attention of the females in a pride.

However, unlike lions we lesser human males can and do find someone to mate with.

It could be argued lions breed a stronger blood line than we humans. On the other hand, the extent to which lions take survival of the fittest is rather inhumane :).
There's an argument to be made that our ability to help anyone live a full, productive, reproductive life is killing the species. I wear glasses because I can't see five feet in front of me. Back in our ancestral homeland, those lions you speak of would have taken care of me long before I could pass these defective genes down to another generation.

Reactions: larsIU
There's an argument to be made that our ability to help anyone live a full, productive, reproductive life is killing the species. I wear glasses because I can't see five feet in front of me. Back in our ancestral homeland, those lions you speak of would have taken care of me long before I could pass these defective genes down to another generation.
Chicks dig glasses

Wow, I am near sighted too. Thank God for glasses. I go out and walk either in the morning or evening. What I am on the lookout is bears. If I get taken out by a bear then everyone will know I died the exact way I didn't want to.

Yeah my best Friend found his future wife on one of the dating apps. Dated for like 4 years and have been married now for about 2 years. Couldn't be happier. Plus she is also a smoke show. So I like visiting. 😂

He did also find his ex gf on the same app. And she sucked large amounts of balls. And not in the good way.

Hey, if she wants kids then she will be revved up so he is gonna get a lot of lovin. Great for him. I am glad they found each other. A pastor friend of mine has a son who is also a pastor. He found his wife using an app. They have three children and are a neat family.

Reactions: DANC
Hey, if she wants kids then she will be revved up so he is gonna get a lot of lovin. Great for him. I am glad they found each other. A pastor friend of mine has a son who is also a pastor. He found his wife using an app. They have three children and are a neat family.
My nephew and his fiance dated for a year or so and got engaged last year. Then they bought a house together and have been living together since December. And they still want to get married. So, I think it's worked out very well for both of them.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Some people can find a wife or husband on the apps. But you have to be very careful. One issue I have is the apps create what I call a, "shopper spirit" with people. You go through the pics and read a bit and then you are judging if you stay there or move on to the next. Is it possible to find someone this way? Sure, but you have to have wisdom to know all the questions to ask. Finding a spouse is different than just finding somebody to hook up with. You have to talk about values, beliefs etc So if you find someone you think is not hideous and they are the right age, values, beliefs then it could work out. But again you have to be very careful.
lmao. No one is using a dating app to find a spouse .. just how out of touch are you?

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT