ADVERTISEMENT

Indy May Host Entire NCAA Tournament

Do this utilizing the historic HS gyms plus Hinkle.

Although I guess the floor sizes wont work

Do this utilizing the historic HS gyms plus Hinkle.

Although I guess the floor sizes wont work

Don't think so. One venue, one floor and a lot of creative scheduling as in start early finish late, and/or add a couple extra days - really only an issue for the first week.

Nice! Indiana will almost be playing at home in the national title game. Crazy....

Don't think so. One venue, one floor and a lot of creative scheduling as in start early finish late, and/or add a couple extra days - really only an issue for the first week.
I heard they might use Hinkle, assembly hall etc... for first few rounds then use the convention center for the rest. Will be interesting to see what plays out.

I heard they might use Hinkle, assembly hall etc... for first few rounds then use the convention center for the rest. Will be interesting to see what plays out.

BLF, Hinkle, IUPUI even Marion could get it done. TAH would be a treat for a lot of teams but that probably isn't necessary.

University of Indianapolis has an arena that holds 4,000. Southport High School's holds 7,000. Hinkle (Butler's) holds 9,000. There's 3 within 7.5 miles of downtown... Then you have Bankers Life (Pacers NBA venue) which holds 17,900. That's a good start...

These are the sites being mentioned.......Lucas Oil, Bankers Life, Fairgrounds, Convention Center, Butler, UIndy, Marian. Maybe IU, Ball State, Indiana State, & PU, and possibly some the HS gyms in/near Indy, depending on HS students being in school or remote.
Aren't HS courts smaller than college lengthwise?

University of Indianapolis has an arena that holds 4,000. Southport High School's holds 7,000. Hinkle (Butler's) holds 9,000. There's 3 within 7.5 miles of downtown... Then you have Bankers Life (Pacers NBA venue) which holds 17,900. That's a good start...
I doubt crowd capacity will have any bearing on it.

Reactions: tkejones
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT