ADVERTISEMENT

My Idea Of How Indiana Can Keep The Multi-Class State Tournament And Have A Single Class NCAA Style Tournament At The Same Time

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
Have the AP put out it's final poll a couple of weeks before the sectionals are announced and take the top 16 teams in each class at that time and have them play at "neutral" sites thay aren't hosting sectionals across northern and southern Indiana. Both the class and single class tournaments could start at the same time (it wouldn't be too much of an issue for the IHSAA to adjust the class sectional brackets to make up for teams that would be playing in the single class tournament, since there are sectionals with uneven amounts of teams already). You could stagger the games the first week so there wouldn't be any conflict, (if I remember correctly, sectional games are played on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays), so the single class games could be Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. The single class tournamnet would 8 teams at each site, 2 games on Monday, 2 games Wednesday, 2 games on Saturday and like the class tournament, the winners of the Saturday games will play against the winners from a different site in the "Sweet 16" at a different neutral sitethe next weekend.
Here's a couple of examples of how I would randomly set up a couple of sites (one North, one South) if I was setting up the single class bracket if the tournament would start next week:

Warsaw (North)
Monday Games
3A #5 Peru
2A #11 Wabash
4A #5 Homestead
3A #8 West Noble
Wednesday Games
1A #16 Argos
2A #2 Fort Wayne Blackhawk
4A #3 Penn
3A #2 NorthWood
Saturday Games
Winner of Peru/Wabash vs Winner of Homestead/West Noble
Winner of Argos/Fort Wayne Blackhawk vs Winner of Penn/NorthWood
Jasper (South)
Monday Games
3A #12 Evansville Memorial
3A #3 North Daviess
1A #3 South Spencer
1A #1 Orleans
Wednesday Games
1A #9 Barr-Reeve
1A #4 Evansville Christian
2A #15 South Knox
1A #6 Loogootee
Saturday Games
Winner of Evansville Memorial/North Daviess vs Winner of South Spencer vs Orleans
Winner of Barr-Reeve/Evansville Christian vs Winner of South Knox/Loogootee.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT