ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana’s overall PFF grade is No. 3 in the nation, behind only Ohio State and Miami, Fla.

One of the old bromides for football and other sports, is a team can beat another team with better talent by out executing them. NW has lived that dream in recent years, where everyone knew NW didn’t have the superior talent on the field. The current staff has the Hoosiers out executing the competition, and not beating themselves. No TOs again at NW.

IU is playing well enough to beat anyone on the schedule. I am not saying IU has the best talent, just that they are executing well enough to beat teams that have more talent.
I'm not sure we know that, yet. As it is, we're playing well enough to beat nearly anyone on the schedule. I think we've proven we should be able to play with, if not beat, 5 of our remaining opponents. I don't think, however, that we've shown we can beat OSU, especially in Columbus.

Talent wise...I think at this point, IU is as talented as most teams on our schedule not named OSU. Star ratings wise, we're probably less talented than most of our B10 opponents. But practically, we're pretty darn talented. Rourke, the receiving corps, Fisher, Ponds...all guys that are playing like they should have been 4, maybe even 5 star kids coming out of high school.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT