ADVERTISEMENT

I'll go there..

The Watson

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2007
Fant's fist-up protest is disrespectful to ME and MY mores.

Per Colin: "This was an act of protest against the oppression faced by black Americans and other people of color in the United States. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder," he said, referring to high-profile incidents in which police officers have not been prosecuted for inappropriate uses of deadly force. Hell, there are people in this administration on paid leave who should be behind bars - just ask our vets.

I'm just tired of this righteous indignation. Why is it these stops/incidents become "high profile"? The times I've been pulled over / stopped by the men in blue, I don't immediately scream "victim" and run, drive away, assault the officer, etc. I've not just left the scene of a crime I perpetrated. I may disagree that I was speeding, ran a red light or feel I was otherwise stopped for no apparent reason, but I have NEVER confronted an officer or escalated an otherwise routine traffic stop. And why would I?

Per Fant: "It's something I believe in. You can call it what it is. Really, I just believe in something strongly and I wanted to stand up for it."

Okay. Nothing wrong with that. But don't try to give legitimacy to something that, at least numbers-wise, appears to have no merit. This "oppression" is contrived, IMHO; the numbers don't support it. Are there bad cops, black & white? Yes. That will NEVER change. Period, end of story. Stand all you want, fist in the air, or take a knee. This is a red herring argument; a diversion, and it will do nothing but continue to divide us.

So, is it my "white privelage" that makes me incapable of relating to Mr Fant, or the BLM movement, or is that I choose not to put myself in automatic victimhood mode or in a position where I'm more likely to be pulled over or questioned?

I don't have a rap sheet a mile long like most "victims" that the BLM movement puts up as the poster children of their movement. That's what I don't get. If you're going to riot and burn down your neighborhoods, or advocate that other neighborhoods be burned & looted, wouldn't you want to rally around a worthy victim? Time after time we see the immediate righteous indignation of BLM, of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc., only to see the subsequent investigation exonerate the offending officer(s), white and black. Meanwhile, we have to help rebuild the very neighborhoods these sympathizers have just destroyed. This is beyond absurd. Tired of this sh!t

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News