ADVERTISEMENT

I'll be happy with the Bucket.

You can't assume osu beats Purdue. Lol but that wasn't my point. Point was it's 2 teams and everyone else. East is top heavy. West is probably deeper though. Maybe not quite as much this year, but in years past. That's how you end up with an almost .500 head to head record. Divisions are going away in a couple years though. They aren't the reason iu missing a bowl though.

Who are you putting ahead of the west winner? Osu, um, psu then???? Big ten is a 2 team conference. Always has been. Can complain about divisions, but it's 2 teams and the rest. West is easier at the top yes, but it's osu and um's conference. Nothing else matters. I think Purdue has the same record if Purdue and iu swapped schedules.

PSU's generally the 3rd best team.........you are slighting them.

That….and Brohm is a good coach.
If you put Opie over there, he’d have the program right where it is now. When are you going to admit that Allen is an awful football head coach who has zero business leading a P5 program?
All these other factors are brought up and they are real, but they don’t explain the complete mismanagement and ineptitude he has brought on the program. I’m not even talking wins or losses. Tackling. Not getting plays in. Terrible hires. Development of players. Not getting rid of poor performing friends. What do any of those attributes have to do with being in the West or East?
I think the jury is still out on Brohm, although he's certainly a much better HC than CTA.

They've run hot and cold all year. And his recruiting has been mediocre.

I think the jury is still out on Brohm, although he's certainly a much better HC than CTA.

Brohmbardi's teams seem to get better as the season goes on, which I think is a sign of solid coaching.

They do seem to lay some eggs early on, which might indicate recruiting issues.

He's been going to bowl games with a walk-on QB. No question he's a long ways ahead of CTA. Plus look at the teams they both started with. Brohm's predecessor was putting up CTA 2021-2022 results. CTA inherited a bowl team.

Osu has been better than Purdue each of the last 10 times they played.
What about the last 100 times that Purdue has played Michigan or Ohio State? If you are claiming that Purdue's program is at the same level as Michigan or Ohio State, don't dance around it.

Brohmbardi's teams seem to get better as the season goes on, which I think is a sign of solid coaching.

They do seem to lay some eggs early on, which might indicate recruiting issues.

He's been going to bowl games with a walk-on QB. No question he's a long ways ahead of CTA. Plus look at the teams they both started with. Brohm's predecessor was putting up CTA 2021-2022 results. CTA inherited a bowl team.
I've watched most of their games this year. They've been in a lot of odd games.

Early on, they played very well against Syracuse & PSU, but basically threw both games away.

They played like crap at home against FAU, but still won.

They played very well against a MInnesota team that was missing their 2/3 best offensive players. MN also had a player drop a wide-open TD pass that would have tied the game.

They were middling against Nebraska & MD but made the plays necessary to win the games.

Then they got physically beat up against Wisconsin & Iowa, then come back to beat Illinois in a physical game at Illinois.

They look like a team that has to play really hard most of the time to be successful. They've done that more often than not this year.

Reactions: dayhr11
It would cost Purdue the Big Ten West title too, assuming Iowa loses in Minneapolis this week.

Although I don't think Purdue wants to play OSU.
Who ever wants to play OSU? The Boilermakers 5 wins against the Buckeyes in this century is the most by any school including Michigan. Only 5 Big Ten teams have beaten the Buckeyes in the last
Osu has been better than Purdue each of the last 10 times they played. But I do agree. Purdue isn't beating either this year. Both will probably make the playoff and both will get the crap beat out of them by Georgia.
Osu has been better than Purdue each of the last 10 times they played. But I do agree. Purdue isn't beating either this year. Both will probably make the playoff and both will get the crap beat out of them by Georgia.
49-20 in 2018 and your forgot it. SHAME!

And….he does a helluva lot more with his recruits than anybody in the conference. He’s got a former walk-on at QB and a walk-on at RB.
You knew that the show was over when Allen started losing key in-state defensive guys to Purdue.

Here’s the defensive “guru” who recruits see is a complete farce and know they won’t sign up for his program as it goes into Hazell and Chris Ash mode. Recruits know the gig is up. His results have killed any recruiting. Bite the bullet and start new. Would you rather watch another 2 seasons of a full-on dumpster fire that gets no fans or put out the blaze and get somebody else in?

Reactions: grammy2 and kmathum
And….he does a helluva lot more with his recruits than anybody in the conference. He’s got a former walk-on at QB and a walk-on at RB.
You knew that the show was over when Allen started losing key in-state defensive guys to Purdue.

Here’s the defensive “guru” who recruits see is a complete farce and know they won’t sign up for his program as it goes into Hazell and Chris Ash mode. Recruits know the gig is up. His results have killed any recruiting. Bite the bullet and start new. Would you rather watch another 2 seasons of a full-on dumpster fire that gets no fans or put out the blaze and get somebody else in?
I fear waiting for 2 years with more of this (and likely even worse with talent depletion) will damn near burn the program to the ground. The curse (if you call it that?) of several bowl seasons in a row shows the fan base it is possible and raises expectations. Fans are much quicker to move to “cut the bullshit” mode than maybe they previously would have been.

Reactions: jsenleo
No chance at the bucket the way IU is currently playing under Tom Allen.

Having read all the arguments about schedules here. I have to say...

1. Building a program is much easier in the West. There is no argument against that. None.

2. INDIANA should still win 6 even in the East. We play Maryland, Rutgers and Purdue and 1 other West team every year. 3 easy Noncon and 3 B1G games is not a lot to ask for.
I would say "building a program" is different in the East than it is in the West.

Having OSU, UM, and PSU does make the schedule more difficult. And thusly, making a bowl game is more difficult.

But on the flip side, playing those 3 storied programs every year does present a ton of exposure opportunities. Which is also important when trying to build a program.

But like I tell my son when he's asked to play in "exposure events" for basketball. Exposure can go both ways...You can get positive exposure, or you can get exposed.

PSU's generally the 3rd best team.........you are slighting them.
Probably, but they aren't on the same level. I'm to lazy to look, but I believe iowa has had some success vs psu. Even Wisconsin vs msu. It wasn't until just recently that um hit that next level. East is top heavy, I agree.

I would say "building a program" is different in the East than it is in the West.

Having OSU, UM, and PSU does make the schedule more difficult. And thusly, making a bowl game is more difficult.

But on the flip side, playing those 3 storied programs every year does present a ton of exposure opportunities. Which is also important when trying to build a program.

But like I tell my son when he's asked to play in "exposure events" for basketball. Exposure can go both ways...You can get positive exposure, or you can get exposed.
Couldn't you alternatively argue that you have 9 games to win 6, where you could fairly easily be better than most of those year in and year out plus 3 exposure games, where, if the team gets a little confidence, weird things can happen? Iu had no issues with Deboer and Wommack on staff.

Defending our results by demeaning the West Division isn’t credible and never has been.

Show me where he defended our results. His post: "the team playing Ahia or Mich in Indy will claim the title of Fifth best team in the league."

I fail to see ANY mention of IU.

Show me where he defended our results. His post: "the team playing Ahia or Mich in Indy will claim the title of Fifth best team in the league."

Appreciate it but ordy gonna ordy and he will troll roll you to the bottom. It is what he does.

I agree, you fail to see the intended connection that is crystal clear. The excuse is that we’re not succeeding in class because the tests are too hard, while others get better grades by taking easier courses. It’s obviously a way of defending / excusing our poor performance. As I’ve said previously, we have the program we both demand and deserve.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Having read all the arguments about schedules here. I have to say...

1. Building a program is much easier in the West. There is no argument against that. None.

2. INDIANA should still win 6 even in the East. We play Maryland, Rutgers and Purdue and 1 other West team every year. 3 easy Noncon and 3 B1G games is not a lot to ask for.
That's a very bold statement for a program that has defined itself over the past two years as the worst team in the Big 10

I agree, you fail to see the intended connection that is crystal clear. The excuse is that we’re not succeeding in class because the tests are too hard, while others get better grades by taking easier courses. It’s obviously a way of defending / excusing our poor performance. As I’ve said previously, we have the program we both demand and deserve.
It is, I think, a good analogy.

Of course, at some point one has to consider whether Junior might just not be cut out for the college prep track.

Whatever Jackie!

Reactions: Jackskip23
It is, I think, a good analogy.

Of course, at some point one has to consider whether Junior might just not be cut out for the college prep track.
We’re the legacy student at an elite private school. We essentially can’t flunk out and we know it, no matter how poor our classroom performance. So, we don’t study hard or make sacrifices to attain improvements. We just accept underperformance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT