ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't yet get the creeps from Cruz...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Maybe it's me,but everything about the guy reeks of skin crawling "creepiness".Here's another example...

A (GOP type) guy on the UNC board has somehow ended up on the Cruz list of supporters.He posted about a fund raising email he received.After a number of people suggested he post it he did.Along with some even more creepy subsequent follow up.Apologies in advance for my horrible formatting skills.I tried to just copy and paste this,but I'm really not sure how to do it properly.

Still you should be able to decipher it enough to get the gist of the content.Like I said,CREEPY...Also I love the last line (regarding Nigerian Prince) from another poster who replied to nycfan's 3 posts...

From tedcruz.org 11/30/15:

[nycfan],

This is the email I really hoped I wouldn't have to write.
You see, I just received an update from my campaign manager -- the news is not good.
Let me be blunt: We are dangerously close to falling behind our November fundraising target, and I have less than 15 hours to turn it around.
I don't know where else to turn...so, I'm turning to you. [me: bwahahahaha, you are desperate, aren't you -- wait, is that supposed to be anything other than sort of insulting?]
I've asked my campaign manager to put together this special, secure link so we can personally track those who have stepped up at this critical time. [me: so, you were against NSA spying on me, but your campaign, totally different?]
Will you click below to make a special contribution and stand in the gap to help us reach our November goal?
>>> http://support.tedcruz.org/november-goal
[nycfan], I'm sure you've seen the polls. My campaign is surging -- not only nationally, but also in virtually every early primary state.
We must keep this momentum going.
Honestly, the only thing that will kill our momentum right now is falling short of our critical November fundraising target.
There is nothing Hillary Clinton, the liberal media, and the Washington Cartel would like more than to have me come up short in November and kill the energy driving my campaign.
I've seen our campaign beat the odds before...I'm confident we can do it again. But to get there, I must have your immediate help with less than 15 hours to go until this important deadline expires.
Tomorrow my campaign manager will share with me who was able to step up at this critical time. [nycfan], I really hope to see your name on that list BEFORE tomorrow morning.
Will you click below -- before you do anything else -- and chip in at least $35 or as much as $50 or even $250 to help?
Please use this special, secure link prepared especially for you:
There are less than 15 hours until we close the books on November fundraising, AND to close the gap, I'm asking each and every one of my best supporters to chip in now.
[nycfan], will you help?

For liberty,

Ted Cruz

Last edited Yesterday 8:25 PM by nycfan
rate it 1 star2 stars3 stars4 stars5 stars Reply | Quote
nycfan
Scout Subscriber
All-American
Rating: 3.4/5 this site
12348 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Yesterday 8:19 PM
Re: Creepy Cruz Campaign is Creepy
[nycfan],
I just wanted to make sure you saw the email below before midnight.
For liberty,
-Ted
Sent from my iPhone

[sent at 8:38 on 11/30, with a copy of the prior email about making a donation, but now the line about the list is in bold (I added bold above, they added it in the follow-up)]

Last edited Yesterday 8:20 PM by nycfan
nycfan
Scout Subscriber
All-American
12348 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Yesterday 8:22 PM
[re line: This must be wrong]
[nycfan] -- I just got the report from my campaign manager and your name isn't on it. [my emphasis/bold added]
This must be a mistake.
I know times are tough, and I understand if you can't donate today...
But before I close the campaign books for Nov., I wanted to give you one last chance.
CHIP IN »
Heidi and I thank you!
For liberty,
-Ted

P.S. If you did chip in and our emails crossed in cyberspace, thank you very much.

Last edited Yesterday 8:24 PM by nycfan
timeoutheel
All-American
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
8473 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Yesterday 8:28 PM
If this whole president thing fails, maybe Ted can be a Nigerian prince

Maybe it's me,but everything about the guy reeks of skin crawling "creepiness".Here's another example...

A (GOP type) guy on the UNC board has somehow ended up on the Cruz list of supporters.He posted about a fund raising email he received.After a number of people suggested he post it he did.Along with some even more creepy subsequent follow up.Apologies in advance for my horrible formatting skills.I tried to just copy and paste this,but I'm really not sure how to do it properly.

Still you should be able to decipher it enough to get the gist of the content.Like I said,CREEPY...Also I love the last line (regarding Nigerian Prince) from another poster who replied to nycfan's 3 posts...

From tedcruz.org 11/30/15:

[nycfan],

This is the email I really hoped I wouldn't have to write.
You see, I just received an update from my campaign manager -- the news is not good.
Let me be blunt: We are dangerously close to falling behind our November fundraising target, and I have less than 15 hours to turn it around.
I don't know where else to turn...so, I'm turning to you. [me: bwahahahaha, you are desperate, aren't you -- wait, is that supposed to be anything other than sort of insulting?]
I've asked my campaign manager to put together this special, secure link so we can personally track those who have stepped up at this critical time. [me: so, you were against NSA spying on me, but your campaign, totally different?]
Will you click below to make a special contribution and stand in the gap to help us reach our November goal?
[nycfan], I'm sure you've seen the polls. My campaign is surging -- not only nationally, but also in virtually every early primary state.
We must keep this momentum going.
Honestly, the only thing that will kill our momentum right now is falling short of our critical November fundraising target.
There is nothing Hillary Clinton, the liberal media, and the Washington Cartel would like more than to have me come up short in November and kill the energy driving my campaign.
I've seen our campaign beat the odds before...I'm confident we can do it again. But to get there, I must have your immediate help with less than 15 hours to go until this important deadline expires.
Tomorrow my campaign manager will share with me who was able to step up at this critical time. [nycfan], I really hope to see your name on that list BEFORE tomorrow morning.
Will you click below -- before you do anything else -- and chip in at least $35 or as much as $50 or even $250 to help?
Please use this special, secure link prepared especially for you:
There are less than 15 hours until we close the books on November fundraising, AND to close the gap, I'm asking each and every one of my best supporters to chip in now.
[nycfan], will you help?

For liberty,

Ted Cruz

Last edited Yesterday 8:25 PM by nycfan
nycfan
Scout Subscriber
All-American
12348 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Yesterday 8:19 PM
[nycfan],
I just wanted to make sure you saw the email below before midnight.
For liberty,
-Ted
Sent from my iPhone

[sent at 8:38 on 11/30, with a copy of the prior email about making a donation, but now the line about the list is in bold (I added bold above, they added it in the follow-up)]

Last edited Yesterday 8:20 PM by nycfan
nycfan
Scout Subscriber
All-American
12348 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Yesterday 8:22 PM
[re line: This must be wrong]
[nycfan] -- I just got the report from my campaign manager and your name isn't on it. [my emphasis/bold added]
This must be a mistake.
I know times are tough, and I understand if you can't donate today...
But before I close the campaign books for Nov., I wanted to give you one last chance.
CHIP IN »
Heidi and I thank you!
For liberty,
-Ted

P.S. If you did chip in and our emails crossed in cyberspace, thank you very much.

Last edited Yesterday 8:24 PM by nycfan
timeoutheel
All-American
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
8473 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Yesterday 8:28 PM
If this whole president thing fails, maybe Ted can be a Nigerian prince
Are you serious? I get emails from the DNC and also in the name of President Obama and Joe Biden (his emails are signed, "Joe" so we're on a first name basis), and from Hillary's campaign practically every day asking for donations for Democratic causes and candidates. They also remind me my name isn't on the list of those supporting them financially this year( if they checked closely they'd see that I've never given them a dime). They tell me all the time how critical it is that we pitch in to defeat the Republicans. It's practically an emergency every day. You're not aware that this is happening? Again, you must be kidding? These Dems sure are creepy, right? Your posts about Cruz, who I do not support, are creepy.

Part and parcel of our political environment. Most have billionaire backers, for Cruz it's the Wilks Bros of Texas.

So if Texas secedes...he's backed by foreigners, and Cruz was born in Canada. ;)

~138 billionaires have contributed so far to the republican war chest and ~20 to the dem war chest for the 2016 campaigns.

Meanwhile Sanders is hoping to hit 2,000,000 individual donors before the fed cut off date, another new political record for his campaign.

Last edited:
Are you serious? I get emails from the DNC and also in the name of President Obama and Joe Biden (his emails are signed, "Joe" so we're on a first name basis), and from Hillary's campaign practically every day asking for donations for Democratic causes and candidates. They also remind me my name isn't on the list of those supporting them financially this year( if they checked closely they'd see that I've never given them a dime). They tell me all the time how critical it is that we pitch in to defeat the Republicans. It's practically an emergency every day. You're not aware that this is happening? Again, you must be kidding? These Dems sure are creepy, right? Your posts about Cruz, who I do not support, are creepy.
Are clowns serious?

Now that I think about it, I don't know how the Democratic party does it. I haven't been a registered Democrat since some point in 1994 (I decided to quit the party the day that Bill Clinton won the Presidency, but didn't bother to make it official until reregistering as a Republican before the next election), but somehow I've continued to get mail, and eventually email, from the DNC and various Democrats the entire time. I've moved 10 times since 1994 and I've had more than one email address, but they always find me, treat me like they still think I'm a Democrat, tell me about the latest Republican outrage, and then ask me for money. Isn't that seriously creepy? ;)

Got this one yesterday from Barrack Obama (unlike Joe who thinks we're on a first name basis, the President always signs his with his full name) and although it's not actually a creepy one, it is still creepy that I've gotten email like these from Democrats for forever now:

D. --

We are the only advanced country in the world that does not guarantee paid sick leave or paid family leave for our workers. And it just doesn't make any sense.

We've made tremendous progress in making quality, affordable health care accessible for more than 17 million previously-uninsured Americans.

But as it stands, workers without paid sick leave are forced to show up to work while battling illness, lengthening their recovery time and possibly spreading it to others. And new parents without paid family leave are forced to deal with not only the concern of being away from their children, but also the fear of losing their jobs simply for spending time at home. It's not right, D.. Folks shouldn't have to choose between family and work when there's a real emergency.

And let me make something clear: This is not just a women's issue. It's a middle-class issue, and it's an American issue. And while I'd love a bipartisan solution with ideas coming from the private sector and both Democrats and Republicans in Congress, I think we need more than wishful thinking here.

So I'm calling on folks like you, D., to make your voices heard to say passing paid family leave and paid sick leave legislation is important -- and then pitch in $10 or whatever you can today to help elect Democrats who want to put American families first.

If you've saved your payment information, your donation will go through immediately.

QUICK DONATE: $10

QUICK DONATE: $25

QUICK DONATE: $50

QUICK DONATE: $100

QUICK DONATE: $200

Or donate another amount:

https://my.democrats.org/Putting-Families-First

Companies and corporations that have pushed forward on paid leave have found their workers to be happier and more productive. There's less turnover and, ultimately, those workers are going to be more profitable. This is a good thing, and we've got to do all we can to make sure that the American people have access to these much-needed benefits. Our growing middle class depends on it.

Thanks for standing with me on this, D.. We wouldn't be able to move forward without you.

Barack Obama
Once again, I won't be donating, but if you want to, feel free . . . ;)

Also, I took my first name out of it. Some of you know me and my first name - some of you don't need to know my first name. ;)

Now that I think about it, I don't know how the Democratic party does it. I haven't been a registered Democrat since some point in 1994 (I decided to quit the party the day that Bill Clinton won the Presidency, but didn't bother to make it official until reregistering as a Republican before the next election), but somehow I've continued to get mail, and eventually email, from the DNC and various Democrats the entire time. I've moved 10 times since 1994 and I've had more than one email address, but they always find me, treat me like they still think I'm a Democrat, tell me about the latest Republican outrage, and then ask me for money. Isn't that seriously creepy? ;)

Got this one yesterday from Barrack Obama (unlike Joe who thinks we're on a first name basis, the President always signs his with his full name) and although it's not actually a creepy one, it is still creepy that I've gotten email like these from Democrats for forever now:

D. --

We are the only advanced country in the world that does not guarantee paid sick leave or paid family leave for our workers. And it just doesn't make any sense.

We've made tremendous progress in making quality, affordable health care accessible for more than 17 million previously-uninsured Americans.

But as it stands, workers without paid sick leave are forced to show up to work while battling illness, lengthening their recovery time and possibly spreading it to others. And new parents without paid family leave are forced to deal with not only the concern of being away from their children, but also the fear of losing their jobs simply for spending time at home. It's not right, D.. Folks shouldn't have to choose between family and work when there's a real emergency.

And let me make something clear: This is not just a women's issue. It's a middle-class issue, and it's an American issue. And while I'd love a bipartisan solution with ideas coming from the private sector and both Democrats and Republicans in Congress, I think we need more than wishful thinking here.

So I'm calling on folks like you, D., to make your voices heard to say passing paid family leave and paid sick leave legislation is important -- and then pitch in $10 or whatever you can today to help elect Democrats who want to put American families first.

If you've saved your payment information, your donation will go through immediately.

QUICK DONATE: $10

QUICK DONATE: $25

QUICK DONATE: $50

QUICK DONATE: $100

QUICK DONATE: $200

Or donate another amount:

https://my.democrats.org/Putting-Families-First

Companies and corporations that have pushed forward on paid leave have found their workers to be happier and more productive. There's less turnover and, ultimately, those workers are going to be more profitable. This is a good thing, and we've got to do all we can to make sure that the American people have access to these much-needed benefits. Our growing middle class depends on it.

Thanks for standing with me on this, D.. We wouldn't be able to move forward without you.

Barack Obama
Once again, I won't be donating, but if you want to, feel free . . . ;)

Also, I took my first name out of it. Some of you know me and my first name - some of you don't need to know my first name. ;)

I don't see anything I'd characterize as "threatening" towards you in that email,which is the point of the thread here,that I tried to initiate some discussion on.I get plenty of solicitation emails from Bernie,HRC and Move On,and I've never felt any sense of ominous threat towards myself...

Again the point of the original thread which I tried to bring up here (because it was an avidly discussed thread on one of the most widely viewed and engaged in Off Topic boards I'm aware of) is that a lot of folks view Cruz as creepy,irregardless of politics.You may not see a vast difference in tone from the email from BO you posted and the one from Cruz that the UNC primary voter got
(and I posted here) but he did.He called it "threatening",obviously you disagree,which is your prerogative...

I'm a relative newcomer here and to the OTF,and the lack of participation here compared to the ZZL is a little frustrating.I've been hanging out on the UNC ZZL for about 8 or 9 yrs,and it's frustrating that they discuss more topics and have more folks posting in half a day as this board does in a week.

So I try to spark a little interest here,by transferring a hot thread from there to here,when I see something that I feel could motivate people here to discuss it.Unfortunately,a lot of that seems to be ill advised effort on my part,due to the small sample size (comparatively) of respondents we have here.

It might help if the Cooler and OTF were combined into one board,but unfortunately people on this site don't have any interest in combining discussion of politics with discussing music or other off topic subjects within a single forum.Not saying it's folks who inhabit the Cooler who insist on that demarcation-that's definitely an OTF mantra.

But imo those are some of the reasons that you see posts on the OTF complaining about how "dead" the board is,and wondering how to make it less stale.Guess there is no easy answer,and since I'm a newcomer I don't really have any historical basis for having an awareness of how the off topic aspect of Peegs developed in the first place.

Not an earth shattering dilemma,but you seemed offended that I even posted the thread,so I thought I'd give you some rationale on why I did.I found the original thread witty and entertaining,and it's currently up to about 30 posts,compared to the lackluster interest here.

The folks on the ZZL seem a lot more politically engaged-there's usually an ongoing thread during events like the Pub or Dem debates,or the HRC hearing where folks watch and comment.Here it's more of a next morning commentary,and people don't seem as personally involved.Could be largely due to the fact that North Carolina will be a battlefield,while I don't expect the Pubs to have much of a struggle in Indiana...

I don't see anything I'd characterize as "threatening" towards you in that email,which is the point of the thread here,that I tried to initiate some discussion on.I get plenty of solicitation emails from Bernie,HRC and Move On,and I've never felt any sense of ominous threat towards myself...

Again the point of the original thread which I tried to bring up here (because it was an avidly discussed thread on one of the most widely viewed and engaged in Off Topic boards I'm aware of) is that a lot of folks view Cruz as creepy,irregardless of politics.You may not see a vast difference in tone from the email from BO you posted and the one from Cruz that the UNC primary voter got
(and I posted here) but he did.He called it "threatening",obviously you disagree,which is your prerogative...

I'm a relative newcomer here and to the OTF,and the lack of participation here compared to the ZZL is a little frustrating.I've been hanging out on the UNC ZZL for about 8 or 9 yrs,and it's frustrating that they discuss more topics and have more folks posting in half a day as this board does in a week.

So I try to spark a little interest here,by transferring a hot thread from there to here,when I see something that I feel could motivate people here to discuss it.Unfortunately,a lot of that seems to be ill advised effort on my part,due to the small sample size (comparatively) of respondents we have here.

It might help if the Cooler and OTF were combined into one board,but unfortunately people on this site don't have any interest in combining discussion of politics with discussing music or other off topic subjects within a single forum.Not saying it's folks who inhabit the Cooler who insist on that demarcation-that's definitely an OTF mantra.

But imo those are some of the reasons that you see posts on the OTF complaining about how "dead" the board is,and wondering how to make it less stale.Guess there is no easy answer,and since I'm a newcomer I don't really have any historical basis for having an awareness of how the off topic aspect of Peegs developed in the first place.

Not an earth shattering dilemma,but you seemed offended that I even posted the thread,so I thought I'd give you some rationale on why I did.I found the original thread witty and entertaining,and it's currently up to about 30 posts,compared to the lackluster interest here.

The folks on the ZZL seem a lot more politically engaged-there's usually an ongoing thread during events like the Pub or Dem debates,or the HRC hearing where folks watch and comment.Here it's more of a next morning commentary,and people don't seem as personally involved.Could be largely due to the fact that North Carolina will be a battlefield,while I don't expect the Pubs to have much of a struggle in Indiana...
No, I saw nothing at all threatening in Cruz' email. Nothing creepy either. I do get emails from the DNC (I just picked that one since it was still in my trash folder, the others are gone) on a nearly daily basis are very similar and I don't find them creepy either. Most of the time I find them funny. I also consider them a source of intel on what the Democrats are going to pretend to be outraged about next.

Don't mean to run you off. Post as much as you'd like. Apologize if you took offense at my post. Cheers!

Cruz has gained ground and will be the target for the week. Trump has his loyal supporters and he can do little to lose his core group. I think you have seen his ceiling. The debate tonight will be interesting after all the things Trump has said about the other candidates. I expect Cruz to come to the debate prepared to counter Trumps comments. While those two slug it out, I expect Rubio to surge as people realize the rest of the field is done and pick between Cruz and Rubio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT