ADVERTISEMENT

If all the Hoosiers do...

SixthFlagComing

Freshman
Dec 15, 2012
...from here to the end of the season is win their remaining home games and lose their remaining road games, this team would be 21-10. (Add one loss for worst case if you want to the B1G tourney)

Every single team left on our schedule is rated higher than IU by kenpom right now, so our SOS is inevitably going to climb significantly (and, is already up to 47th in the country)

https://kenpom.com

JUST PROTECT THE HALL and good things will happen!

...from here to the end of the season is win their remaining home games and lose their remaining road games, this team would be 21-10. (Add one loss for worst case if you want to the B1G tourney)

Every single team left on our schedule is rated higher than IU by kenpom right now, so our SOS is inevitably going to climb significantly (and, is already up to 47th in the country)

I really enjoy your positive outlook. Thanks.

Reactions: ufo33

Hopefully, we can get to 12-8 in the league and win at least one game in the BTT. 23-10 should get us a 5 seed in the big dance.

Reactions: hondo314

Yep. Last night was an important win. Good stuff.

Reactions: ufo33

Our margin of error is very small when facing good teams. We almost must have very good games from Rob and DeVonte every time. Against a team as awful inside as Nebraska we could survive the turnovers and DeVonte being lousy.

Reactions: HOOS13R
Yep. Last night was an important win. Good stuff.

There it is, and the point I was going to make in the midst of all these threads/comments about how to react to the win...but you beat me to it.
We can argue over the terms "big" or "huge" win, but I would think everyone can agree that it was an "important" win.
Now, I'm sure the anti-CAM crew will say something along these lines: "Oh my and alas, how far the program has fallen when a victory at Nebraska is considered an important win." I guess, in their eyes, no win is important...until you lose the game. Somehow, winning the game makes it unimportant.
What a sad little world they live in.

The loss to Arkansas...and the struggles to defeat Northwestern and Nebraska at home give me pause that we can hold serve at home the rest of the way against better teams...

There it is, and the point I was going to make in the midst of all these threads/comments about how to react to the win...but you beat me to it.
We can argue over the terms "big" or "huge" win, but I would think everyone can agree that it was an "important" win.
Now, I'm sure the anti-CAM crew will say something along these lines: "Oh my and alas, how far the program has fallen when a victory at Nebraska is considered an important win." I guess, in their eyes, no win is important...until you lose the game. Somehow, winning the game makes it unimportant.
For many of us on the fence we've drawn a line in the sand: make the tournament this year. is that arbitrary? probably. but many of us don't care. he has to make the tournament this year and some of these games just "feel" important in achieving that goal. last night was one of those games. winning on the road in the big ten is hard. we did it and one can only assume we'll gain confidence from it.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Our margin of error is very small when facing good teams. We almost must have very good games from Rob and DeVonte every time. Against a team as awful inside as Nebraska we could survive the turnovers and DeVonte being lousy.
I agree, the margin of error will get smaller. the remaining teams bigs will make it more difficult for bigs. Guard play will become much more important. If the Nebraska game is any indication, Devonte's leash looks like leash has been shorten now and that's a good thing. The other guards have to step up. While not great, or maybe even good, their play was better against Nebraska than it was against Rutgers. They need to keep improving. Rob is probably the key. We need him to become the point guard we all thought he would be when he was recruited. Hopefully, injuries are behind him.

It would be nice if you could show some restraint and stop interacting with those sad little people.

The loss to Arkansas...and the struggles to defeat Northwestern and Nebraska at home give me pause that we can hold serve at home the rest of the way against better teams...

Yeah, I would not wager on them winning all remaining home games. I would also not wager on them losing all remaining road games.

Off topic a bit and I don't mean to post anything from a rival to this site. But how can you not like TJD? I love this kid and am proud he is a Hoosier.

Good win and great to see this IU team play together; it really seemed they were all looking to get the ball to an open teammate. That was a fun game to watch and not only because IU won; they played well together.

# 5 seed??? Did they legalize weed in Bloomington ??

dude, what do you think we’re projected now? #5 seed may not be likely but is doable. The best teams in our league have all gotten punked on the road.

narratives really can change over time. Lol

I think Devonte is being phase-out at the end of games if he is playing poorly that game.

If we have learned anything this year, teams can lose several games in a row. OSU and UM are near the bottom right now. They could stay there. I'm not surprised. OSU and IU were battling for the last NCAA bid last year. UM lost a lot of people and have a coach facing the B1G schedule for the first time. The polls predicted they would be good. The results of games played may say otherwise. We may not be playing ranked teams down the road. We may become the hunted, higher ranked team

purdue at 10-8 doesn't surprise me either. In tight games that you need someone to grab the ball and score, Edwards is being missed. purdue will have to make the tourney with 13 - 15 losses. So much for those expecting (unrealistically) a better NCAA run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT