I was even par after three holes today, but then began playing terrible golf. Fortunately, I was able to figure it out with about

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
five holes remaining on the back nine. I was swinging too hard. Apparently, I instinctively began doing it because I was playing with some really long hitters.

Once I figured it out, I began playing much better golf and our group won the front, back and 18 in the three-best-ball format. I also won a skin for chipping in for a birdie.

The next time I begin hitting bad shots, I hope I remember to start swinging easier on my drives and approach shots.

IU40IU

All-American
Oct 31, 2007
five holes remaining on the back nine. I was swinging too hard. Apparently, I instinctively began doing it because I was playing with some really long hitters.

Once I figured it out, I began playing much better golf and our group won the front, back and 18 in the three-best-ball format. I also won a skin for chipping in for a birdie.

The next time I begin hitting bad shots, I hope I remember to start swinging easier on my drives and approach shots.
I tend to do the same when playing with my friends. I don’t hit it as far so as my round progresses, I sometimes get too comfy and begin thinking that I can swing harder and keep up with them. Tends to get me in trouble. Swinging easy is one things I always focus on. Let the club do the work.

Reactions: birdforbogey

Timmy!

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2001
Chicago, IL
Swing easy. More Freddy Couples, less Bryson DeChambeau, and you're golden.

Gorgeous

Last edited:

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003

HLCC or Otter? I need to know which first three holes you were even after . . .

. . . BTW, the last time I played Otter I was 2 under after 4 holes, and ended up near 90 for 18 anyway. 🤮 Even I can get lucky . . . .

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
HLCC or Otter? I need to know which first three holes you were even after . . .

. . . BTW, the last time I played Otter I was 2 under after 4 holes, and ended up near 90 for 18 anyway. 🤮 Even I can get lucky . . . .
I was playing Shadowood. Currently, I'm a member of both Otter Creek and Shadowood. I play Otter on Saturdays, holidays and a couple of evenings a week after work. As for Shadowood, I usually just play it on Sundays because none of my friends play Otter on Sundays.

I played Otter tonight and birdied two of the first three holes on the north side. Even though I also had three pars, I still shot a 41 because I had a triple and a double.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
I have about five or six drivers already. One of them was new this year. Unfortunately, I can't buy a golf swing.

Reactions: kkott

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
I have about five or six drivers already. One of them was new this year. Unfortunately, I can't buy a golf swing.
maybe not, but I hope you keep trying; it keeps the rest of us entertained!

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
It ain't the driver. It's the driver-er.

Same with the putter . . . it's the putter-er.
Don't listen to this guy Jerry, you're perfect. You keep searching and I know you'll eventually find that magic driver... and keep posting about your exploits until then.

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
I'm going to pull a Will Watts and begin using my old putter again, Steve.
I've only had one putter for the last 50 years. I tried a Ping at PGA Superstore yesterday, but decided that I like the $130 it would cost better.

I am a cheap bastage . . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
I'm going to pull a Will Watts and begin using my old putter again, Steve.
BTW, Brooks Loepka went back to his "old" driver, a Taylormade M5, this season. So long as the clubs are still legal, it's allowed.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
BTW, Brooks Loepka went back to his "old" driver, a Taylormade M5, this season. So long as the clubs are still legal, it's allowed.

Cobras are for hackers, so I play Cobras. I have a Taylormade M3, but I don't seem to play well with it.

Latest posts