ADVERTISEMENT

I played 36 holes of golf again this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
Our Men's Golf Association (MGA) had an event Saturday. It was a two-man, blind draw Stableford format. My playing partner and I, who played in two different groups, finished second and received $55.00 each in pro shop credits.

I played in our choose up event today and didn't win anything, but I still had a great time with my three playing partners. The weather was beautiful and we played at a fairly fast pace. Unfortunately, we didn't exceed our quota and lost $20.00 each.

My assumption is we have the toughest greens in Indiana on our newly-renovated course. Our greens are huge and receptive, but it is very difficult for me to read them because most of them are tricky. If you don't putt firmly enough, your ball will roll back at you and come off the green in many cases. If you hit them too firmly, on the other hand, they can go off the back of the green. It also is difficult to determine how far left or right to play your putts in many cases. In other words, it is going take many of us some time to adjust to them.

We now have more bunkers than Otter Creek does on its original 18 holes. Our 80+ bunkers are beautiful and well-manicured, but they also are tough to hit out of some times because many of them have high lips that require a high shot to get out of them.

I may be wrong, but I truly believe our course is making us better golfers. It is forcing us to hit our drives longer and straighter, be more accurate with our approach shots, putt more decisively and have a better chipping and green side bunker game.

Why do I say that? My scores are a lot better now when I play other courses.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT