ADVERTISEMENT

I see Jason Bargy decommed from Minnesota.....

Pigalow

All-American
Nov 8, 2012
a couple days ago(high 3* DE we were recruiting earlier)I wonder if we'll get back in on him. Plus Maryland just lost 2 pledges from Tampa!! Our stomping grounds! A WR & a RB.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
Domestic battery charge led to parting of ways with Minnesota. With the recent dealings with Morgan Ellison, doubt we would pursue him.

But the two from MD who are Floridians? They would seem to be targets to consider depending on how staff rates them.

There should be plenty of decommits to get involved with here shortly. Purdue's class WILL crumble when he leaves for Louisville.

Reactions: Pigalow
There should be plenty of decommits to get involved with here shortly. Purdue's class WILL crumble when he leaves for Louisville.
The impact to IU’s Recruiting if Bromm leaves Purdue will be minimal if any. IU wasn’t in position to flip anyone and the biggest unclaimed prize Bell would be a long shot to go to IU. Louisville would be a big winner, but it won’t affect IU much at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klaus 7196
The impact to IU’s Recruiting if Bromm leaves Purdue will be minima if any. IU wasn’t in position to flip anyone and the biggest unclaimed prize Bell would be a long shot to go to IU. Louisville would be a big winner, but it won’t affect IU much at all.
Agreed, but our average star rating (according to Rivals) is already higher, 3.13 to 3 ,than PU’s so not sure we need to flip anyone. If Brohm leaves, and I’m not convinced he will, Karlaftis probably heads to UM, anyone could use him but being from WL he isn’t coming here. Mershawn Rice was one guy we recruited pretty hard, but I don’t see him flipping to IU. Happy with our class , but the staff needs to finish strong, there are some nice fish which they need to get in the boat.

Reactions: td75
Agreed, but our average star rating (according to Rivals) is already higher, 3.13 to 3 ,than PU’s so not sure we need to flip anyone. If Brohm leaves, and I’m not convinced he will, Karlaftis probably heads to UM, anyone could use him but being from WL he isn’t coming here. Mershawn Rice was one guy we recruited pretty hard, but I don’t see him flipping to IU. Happy with our class , but the staff needs to finish strong, there are some nice fish which they need to get in the boat.
I'm not convinced he will either, but I think it's more than likely that he will. For 1, I don't think Dakich was lying or wrong(for once)about those 2 sources, & we've all heard a lot of coachspeak over the years, & Brohm's comments at his presser were reminiscent of words that a guy on his way put makes, no question about that. Still doesn't mean anything for certain, & things can change, you never know, but especially after hearing the extent of his ties to & affinity for Louisville, why not take that job? It would be another relished challenge to do exactly what he's done at Purdue, but with much more ease he could turn that program around. & u know damn well he'd take plenty of Purdue's pledges & probably a current player or two with him.

Reactions: td75
Yeah, his wording has not been what I would want to hear if I were a Purdue fan. If he's really staying put, simply put the rumors to bed with a short and to the point statement. Something along the lines of "I love Purdue, I love it here and I'm staying here!", would go a long ways in putting the rumors to bed.

He's not doing that, not at all. This thing is festering in a big way, he looks to be negotiating back room style and Purdue is in the lurch. My 2 cents.

Yeah, his wording has not been what I would want to hear if I were a Purdue fan. If he's really staying put, simply put the rumors to bed with a short and to the point statement. Something along the lines of "I love Purdue, I love it here and I'm staying here!", would go a long ways in putting the rumors to bed.

He's not doing that, not at all. This thing is festering in a big way, he looks to be negotiating back room style and Purdue is in the lurch. My 2 cents.

I’ve seen a lot of arguments on both sides contemplating why in the world would Jeff Brohm go to Louisville?

People are overlooking the obvious:

It’s his home town and alma mater. That is a huge, powerful draw. The promise of going home like a knight in shining armor and delivering his school from the ashes is something that money cannot buy. People completely underestimate how powerful that attraction is in the coaching world.
Think about it. Any of you. If your home town contacted you about some issue that you had experience and success resolving in the past, how much would you want to go back to your home town and make that come true? Most people have a connection to where they grew up and that cannot be easily erased.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT