ADVERTISEMENT

I know this belongs on the BB board, but....

Clearly dominating the board with inside book club references is a great idea, but there is a problem. One of our members already plays on a different team. Do we know if CO's loyalty is to us or them?

And they drafted him first, are we running afoul of tampering?
I’m a lawyer. My loyalty is always to those who pay.

So we now have a first-class point guard and center added to the roster. We are one shooter away from possibly being good. I can't say I am a fan of two bigs, and there is little doubt both will start, hopefully one is working on shooting outside or the post is going to be too crowded again.

The thing is, if we get a shooter, when does he play? Assuming both these transfers start, along with Reneau, MM, and Tucker, that's 5.
Not a big fan of playing 2 bigs, either. Reneau can't defend a forward without fouling and he doesn't have an outside game. He either needs to be a center or backup center - and he's not going to come off the bench. But that would help the team - for him to come off the bench and have a killer 2nd team.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Yeah it is funny to watch... either this year or last year when they beat NC early in the year some already had them going to the final 4. 🤣
Little did we know UNC wouldn't even make the tournament that year. Then they hit the portal and were back to being on top.

Well we have three five stars too. Not that it necessarily matters. I’d just like someone who can hit free throws. I haven’t seen anything about a kid from Grace College, but I’m not ruling out kids from smaller schools. Purdue did pretty well with their portal kid.
Their portal kid came from a D1 program. Not an NAIA one

So we now have a first-class point guard and center added to the roster. We are one shooter away from possibly being good. I can't say I am a fan of two bigs, and there is little doubt both will start, hopefully one is working on shooting outside or the post is going to be too crowded again.

The thing is, if we get a shooter, when does he play? Assuming both these transfers start, along with Reneau, MM, and Tucker, that's 5.
We're not going to get a pure shooter good enough to start.

Reactions: DANC
Well we have three five stars too. Not that it necessarily matters. I’d just like someone who can hit free throws. I haven’t seen anything about a kid from Grace College, but I’m not ruling out kids from smaller schools. Purdue did pretty well with their portal kid.

He's big, somewhat slow, with some skills. He was NAIA player of the year, so there is that. He shoots about 40% on 3s and over 80% on FTs. Overall he looks like someone Nebraska or PSU might recruit. I think he'd be our third choice for a back up big but our other top choices might be scared away because of Bello. If he came I can't imagine he'd play more than 10M a game.

Reactions: DANC
Surely he doesn't want to move up to a HM to be a practice player.
I hope he doesn't expect to get significant playing time.

I'm sure he wouldn't think of himself as a practice player, but in reality, that's what he'd be. IMO, of course. Maybe he'd prove me wrong.

Elijah Malone

According to this, he's already visited Notre Dame and is suppose to visit us and Colorado.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT