ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like Anthony Fauci was already on thin ice...this may make it even thinner...

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
My guess is that Dr. Fauci isn't in his role come August for this little bit of pushback:

Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, in an interview published Friday pushed back on President Trump's claim that 99 percent of coronavirus cases are "harmless," saying that it is "obviously not" the case.

“I’m trying to figure out where the president got that number," Fauci told The Financial Times.
As for where the president got that number, my guess is that he pulled it out of here:

WkXv8DHy.jpg

Miami-Dade County had a 33.5% positivity rate yesterday. Fortunately our Florida Governor, vice president and president say that everything is under control. And going back to school will be no different than going to a Walmart or Home Depot.

My guess is that Dr. Fauci isn't in his role come August for this little bit of pushback:

Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, in an interview published Friday pushed back on President Trump's claim that 99 percent of coronavirus cases are "harmless," saying that it is "obviously not" the case.

“I’m trying to figure out where the president got that number," Fauci told The Financial Times.
As for where the president got that number, my guess is that he pulled it out of here:

WkXv8DHy.jpg
Remember when Fauci said, "I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down" when Trump says something dumb or blatantly false? He survived that, so I'm sure he'll survive this. Trump has already exacted revenge by opining yesterday that Fauci has "made a lot mistakes."

Trump's strategy is to ignore the virus and pretend it will just go away. He wants the electorate to buy into that fantasy. If he were to can Fauci, who remains widely respected and popular, it would generate more headlines related to a topic that he loathes almost as much as decency, the rule of law, and telling the truth - - coronavirus.

Recall a couple months back when a certain professional bullshit artist constantly praised Trump's handling of coronavirus on this board?

"He has done a great job following the task force!"
Liberate!

Remember when Fauci said, "I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down" when Trump says something dumb or blatantly false? He survived that, so I'm sure he'll survive this. Trump has already exacted revenge by opining yesterday that Fauci has "made a lot mistakes."

Nobody knows more about mistakes than I do. Nobody.

Recall a couple months back when a certain professional bullshit artist constantly praised Trump's handling of coronavirus on this board?

"He has done a great job following the task force!"

C'mon, bro, you don't understand the nuance. ;)

This board wants to say Trump mishandled this pandemic, there no cure for a virus! We can’t stay in our house forever waiting on a cure! So all you Lib _____s GFY.

Reactions: ulrey
Miami-Dade County had a 33.5% positivity rate yesterday. Fortunately our Florida Governor, vice president and president say that everything is under control. And going back to school will be no different than going to a Walmart or Home Depot.

This is accurate. it won't be any different than going to HD or Wally world.

The White House Made a List of All the Times Fauci ‘Has Been Wrong’ on the Coronavirus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-w...times-fauci-has-been-wrong-on-the-coronavirus

The White House has undertaken behind-the-scenes efforts in recent months to undercut and sideline Dr. Anthony Fauci—even going so far as to compile a list of all the times he “has been wrong on things,” according to The Washington Post.

After canceling some of his planned TV appearances and keeping him away from the Oval Office, White House officials and President Trump have taken to publicly expressing a loss of confidence in the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and face of the administration's coronavirus task force. The apparent attempts to undermine Fauci come as he continues to counter the president's overly optimistic narrative on the state of the pandemic.​

This board wants to say Trump mishandled this pandemic, there no cure for a virus! We can’t stay in our house forever waiting on a cure! So all you Lib _____s GFY.

Too bad most other nations around the world have managed to get it under control. Are there any countries that will even let virus ridden Americans in the door these days?

If only we didn't have so much damn testing this thing would be gone by now!

Reactions: cosmickid
The White House Made a List of All the Times Fauci ‘Has Been Wrong’ on the Coronavirus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-w...times-fauci-has-been-wrong-on-the-coronavirus

The White House has undertaken behind-the-scenes efforts in recent months to undercut and sideline Dr. Anthony Fauci—even going so far as to compile a list of all the times he “has been wrong on things,” according to The Washington Post.

After canceling some of his planned TV appearances and keeping him away from the Oval Office, White House officials and President Trump have taken to publicly expressing a loss of confidence in the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and face of the administration's coronavirus task force. The apparent attempts to undermine Fauci come as he continues to counter the president's overly optimistic narrative on the state of the pandemic.​
How are they still getting away with this? You have to be awful stubborn to keep supporting this crap.

#CANCELCULTURE

There’s a known preventative technique and it’s amazingly cheap and often easy. Wear a mask when you are by other people!

You don’t think it goes too far?

And you don’t think it helped create a clueless President?
It's a marketing created talking point being pushed by propagandists to distract from real issues, nothing more. Distraction and unimportant.

While this is being talked about we have a pandemic running wild, a dysfunctional society, police brutality, corruption in our judicial system, soldiers with bounties on their heads and a sociopathic imbecile as president.

Reactions: MaxCoke
It's a marketing created talking point being pushed by propagandists to distract from real issues, nothing more. Distraction and unimportant.

While this is being talked about we have a pandemic running wild, a dysfunctional society, police brutality, corruption in our judicial system, soldiers with bounties on their heads and a sociopathic imbecile as president.
I don’t disagree with you. But the point is it worked to get Trump elected. That’s the point I’m making.

If I were fauci I would walk out and sign a massive one-year contract with ABC, CBS, or BBC

He has to be careful not to devolve into what Sanjay Gupta has become, but he could do a lot of good for himself, the network and the country.

Reactions: UncleMark
If I were fauci I would walk out and sign a massive one-year contract with ABC, CBS, or BBC

He has to be careful not to devolve into what Sanjay Gupta has become, but he could do a lot of good for himself, the network and the country.
Curious. What do you mean about Gupta?

I trust him.
Maybe you’re right, but I’m not sold.

I used to trust him.
He used to talk straight medical opinion that sometimes failed to support whatever the host was pushing. He fell in line with whatever the host is pushing some time ago.

Edit: I don't distrust him...I just know exactly what he is going to say based on the segment, so he brings nothing of value for me. He is just part of the "show" anymore.

Last edited:
Man, I haven’t noticed this.
I used to trust him.
He used to talk straight medical opinion that sometimes failed to support whatever the host was pushing. He fell in line with whatever the host is pushing some time ago.

Edit: I don't distrust him...I just know exactly what he is going to say based on the segment, so he brings nothing of value for me. He is just part of the "show" anymore.
I think he’s like many doctors right now. They want the people to know what’s going on. It’s easy to look like an idiot when you have to keep banging the same drum over and over to people who won’t listen.
Trust me. I do it for a living.

Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT