ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Milton needs it's own thread. tropical storm to Cat 5

I thought the 49% from critics & 41% from audiences on Rotten Tomatoes was about right for the 2024 version. The 1979 version directed by Tobe Hooper is superior. I’d even rank the 2004 series above this newest movie.
It needs to be a miniseries. When you rush through it in movie form you don't really get the sense of dread that builds through the book.

I know I’m and old fart, but I don’t understand the bad jokes and piss poor comedy in this thread. In 48 hours many will be dead, old retirees will be helpless, people will lose spouses, parents and kids, many people will be wiped out of everything they own, and those who have invested their life savings in a business will be wiped out.

This is gonna be a bad one.
These hurricanes affect insurance premiums and construction costs all over the country to some degree.

I don't have a problem with him saying this. He's talked to Biden and FEMA which is exactly how things should work. And even though he shouldn't have to - that was good of him to preemptively bring that up to prevent Trump from politicizing it on the other end.
Imagine her sticking her nose in if you’re Ron. She’s a moron with her vapid say nothing nonsense. Kamala. Don’t call. Go away. Competent people are handling it

Imagine her sticking her nose in if you’re Ron. She’s a moron with her vapid say nothing nonsense. Kamala. Don’t call. Go away. Competent people are handling it
Politics and political campaigns suck. I agree that she doesn't need to interject, but had she not the knock on her from some surrogates on the other side would have asked where she was in all this, even though that's an absurd question for reasons you mostly pointed out.

Conversely, I hope Trump stays away afterward and let's the competent people do their jobs in the aftermath. Bringing a political campaign to a hurricane-ravaged area complicates recovery/rebuilding efforts.

Politics and political campaigns suck. I agree that she doesn't need to interject, but had she not the knock on her from some surrogates on the other side would have asked where she was in all this, even though that's an absurd question for reasons you mostly pointed out.

Conversely, I hope Trump stays away afterward and let's the competent people do their jobs in the aftermath. Bringing a political campaign to a hurricane-ravaged area complicates recovery/rebuilding efforts.
Eh he’s a Floridian. It’s a little different.

Kamalalala just brings a cackle. She’s just totally worthless

Eh he’s a Floridian. It’s a little different.

Kamalalala just brings a cackle. She’s just totally worthless
I'd push back on that a little bit. Neither of them should do a campaign stop in a hurricane ravaged location, but if she went as Biden's proxy, that makes more sense than Trump just wanting to be seen. She's still one of the highest ranking federal government employees; Trump is just a private citizen who wants to be a part of the federal government again. All he'd bring to the table is using the hurricane aftermath as a backdrop.

But again, I'd prefer neither uses whatever happens for political gain.

Glad to know it’s better than that piece of garbage 70’s version
the 70's version was terrifying -- and they had almost 200 minutes of film time to tell the story--plus David Soul and James Mason. Mason was a scene stealer in the 70s version. Plus, the original vampire 7 year old floating in the window trying to convince his brother to let him in, is untouchable--although they did a nice job of trying to recreate it the new version.

The 2024 was great--not as good as the 79' version and I didn't like the actor who played Straker. There's a bit more gore, but not gratutious that adds something to the 2024 version. Remakes are hard because there is a standard out there. Apart from the one casting decision, the only other fault I had was the lack of time to build things up.

I'd push back on that a little bit. Neither of them should do a campaign stop in a hurricane ravaged location, but if she went as Biden's proxy, that makes more sense than Trump just wanting to be seen. She's still one of the highest ranking federal government employees; Trump is just a private citizen who wants to be a part of the federal government again. All he'd bring to the table is using the hurricane aftermath as a backdrop.

But again, I'd prefer neither uses whatever happens for political gain.
That’s all she would do as well. She has nothing to offer. Ron knows she’s an idiot. He’s smart

He will get his chance.

That’s all she would do as well. She has nothing to offer. Ron knows she’s an idiot. He’s smart
Ron has zero chance. Career is over in 2026.

Florida has had several hurricanes since she became VP and she's never once tried to be involved. She's doing so now purely for political purposes and that was the point Desantis was making. He's not having it.

Ron has zero chance. Career is over in 2026.

Florida has had several hurricanes since she became VP and she's never once tried to be involved. She's doing so now purely for political purposes and that was the point Desantis was making. He's not having it.
She offers zero. Anywhere

Sorry, but that's one of the dumbest tweets ever reposted here.

For starters, Tim Murtaugh should pick up a second grade grammar book and learn what quotations marks are and what they mean. Because those quotes don't really jibe with the video clip accompanying the tweet.

And there are a lot of valid criticisms of Kamala Harris, but her answer to that question is actually pretty good. Talking to constituents/citizens around the country SHOULD inform stances on important policy issues and it's good that those stances sometimes change based on further information.

Speaking globally here, I'd much rather have a presidential hopeful who changes their position on an issue based on conversations with those they represent as opposed to someone who might just always assume they're right and be close-minded on things.

Sorry, but that's one of the dumbest tweets ever reposted here.

For starters, Tim Murtaugh should pick up a second grade grammar book and learn what quotations marks are and what they mean. Because those quotes don't really jibe with the video clip accompanying the tweet.

And there are a lot of valid criticisms of Kamala Harris, but her answer to that question is actually pretty good. Talking to constituents/citizens around the country SHOULD inform stances on important policy issues and it's good that those stances sometimes change based on further information.

Speaking globally here, I'd much rather have a presidential hopeful who changes their position on an issue based on conversations with those they represent as opposed to someone who might just always assume they're right and be close-minded on things.
It was a good answer until she resorts back to “her values.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT