ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldn't it be crazy if......?

Interestingly, the same people who say Global Warming is a hoax think we can create hurricanes and direct them to North Carolina.

Warmer air means more energy AND more humidity. Humidity contributes to rainfall. Has anyone ever wondered why deserts have little humidity and one can feel the water on very high-humidity days? The weather people note a cold front coming through and how it will produce a lot of rain because of all the humidity in the air? So why is GW a hoax, but creating a hurricane is spot on?

Cloud seeding, in high humidity, can add 10% to rainfall. So if they had 25 inches of rain, the imaginary people seeding those clouds caused it to go from 22.72 to 25.0 inches. I don't know if it was worth their time and money.

And of course, if they can spawn up a hurricane and move it to North Carolina, wouldn't they be ready for it? Not responding well to a hurricane in a state in play could easily cost the president the election.
Re: your last paragraph.

Similarly, even after a natural hurricane hit NC, why would a Democrat administration intentionally withhold federal aid to NC (as some MAGAs are claiming) -- it would surely piss off NC voters just before an election when NC is possibly in play.

The hurricane conspiracy theory makes no sense.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
For what it's worth, FEMA has set up a Rumor Response page on their website because there is so much wrong information out there. They haven't gotten to Helene being created and directed by the government yet though.

Much of what the rebuke is being pushed by the GOP presidential hopeful.
Trump knows all about hurricanes. He can draw his own maps and everything.

trump-hurricane-lie.jpg

Interestingly, the same people who say Global Warming is a hoax think we can create hurricanes and direct them to North Carolina.

Warmer air means more energy AND more humidity. Humidity contributes to rainfall. Has anyone ever wondered why deserts have little humidity and one can feel the water on very high-humidity days? The weather people note a cold front coming through and how it will produce a lot of rain because of all the humidity in the air? So why is GW a hoax, but creating a hurricane is spot on?

Cloud seeding, in high humidity, can add 10% to rainfall. So if they had 25 inches of rain, the imaginary people seeding those clouds caused it to go from 22.72 to 25.0 inches. I don't know if it was worth their time and money.

And of course, if they can spawn up a hurricane and move it to North Carolina, wouldn't they be ready for it? Not responding well to a hurricane in a state in play could easily cost the president the election.
Good grief…people are dumb.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Re: your last paragraph.

Similarly, even after a natural hurricane hit NC, why would a Democrat administration intentionally withhold federal aid to NC (as some MAGAs are claiming) -- it would surely piss off NC voters just before an election when NC is possibly in play.

The hurricane conspiracy theory makes no sense.
What doesn't make sense to me is that for decades climate scientists have been predicting the severity and frequency of hurricanes would ramp up. When it happens, none of the climate deniers act like adults, concede the point even a little and ask important questions about how we curb these types of storms. Instead, they come up with batshit craziness about some secret government conspiracy about controlling hurricanes to hurt their political opponents and withholding relief funds.

It's so stupid and makes zero sense.

What doesn't make sense to me is that for decades climate scientists have been predicting the severity and frequency of hurricanes would ramp up. When it happens, none of the climate deniers act like adults, concede the point even a little and ask important questions about how we curb these types of storms. Instead, they come up with batshit craziness about some secret government conspiracy about controlling hurricanes to hurt their political opponents and withholding relief funds.

It's so stupid and makes zero sense.
What changes are you making to curb these types of storms?

Reactions: stollcpa
Me personally? I'm not sure why that matters, but if you want to get into a pissing match about individual carbon footprints or whatever, have at it.
If we, as individuals, aren’t doing anything about it then what’s the big deal.

It’s always someone else’s fault.

I laugh when people bitch about the temperature rising a little and the river and sea levels rising. Yet….they aren’t doing anything personally to help fix this dire situation.

If we, as individuals, aren’t doing anything about it then what’s the big deal.

It’s always someone else’s fault.

I laugh when people bitch about the temperature rising a little and the river and sea levels rising. Yet….they aren’t doing anything personally to help fix this dire situation.
Well, I am, but again, that’s not really the point here. If the people in charge aren’t able to even acknowledge the root of the problem, much less what to do about it, me taking individual mitigating steps won’t matter much.

Put differently, if a faction of politicians are saying we’d all be OK if those in charge would just stop targeting their political opponents with their secret hurricane control weapon, we have bigger issues than my driving less or taking my own bags to Kroger will solve.

Well, I am, but again, that’s not really the point here. If the people in charge aren’t able to even acknowledge the root of the problem, much less what to do about it, me taking individual mitigating steps won’t matter much.

Put differently, if a faction of politicians are saying we’d all be OK if those in charge would just stop targeting their political opponents with their secret hurricane control weapon, we have bigger issues than my driving less or taking my own bags to Kroger will solve.
Have you switched to solar panels?

Is your driveway paved?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT