ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Helene - she's going to be one expensive bitch

My wife and I were supposed to fly into Tampa and stay at the Don Cesar on St Pete Beach today through Oct 6 . What a mess! Been trying to get my $7,000 refunded from Priceline all day.

May stroke out on my anniversary. 😂
The Don Cesar pools got flooded out by the rising seawater. Beach sand all the way past the outdoor bar.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
The Don Cesar pools got flooded out by the rising seawater. Beach sand all the way past the outdoor bar.
We’re lucky we didn’t arrive few days earlier. Guess we’re going to head to Vegas now. Wife wants to leave Sunday and come back next Sunday. I told her 3/4 days is all I can do or the Wynn might own our house. Lol.

Awesome…I was going by this

A lot of talk around here that Augusta was really hit, with no access to gas, just one Publix open, people needing help getting out from under house and property damage. The course might not have suffered that much but who can know for sure. Not exactly the most forthcoming group. Augusta National did put out a plea on Nextdoor for help for the area.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Read an article about Priceline’s controversial disclaimer for natural disasters. Not fair at all.
Yea, I wouldn’t be surprised if they screw me. So far i couldn’t check in Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Don’t know about Monday. I think no sewage right now.

The Democrat Gov appears to disagree.

That bottom right picture is I-40. That’s a major route between Knoxville and Asheville. Driven it a number of times. Can’t comprehend that a part of a major interstate is just GONE. And it won’t be easy or quick to repair. The scope of this is just too large.

Gas stations here, about 80 miles west of Augusta, are running out of gas as people from Augusta who can get out are driving this far west to get gas, water and food.

Someone just posted a picture of the local Publix bread aisle. All the shelves are bare.

And now, in Conyers, further west, closer to Atlanta, there’s a major chemical fire which has closed down I-20.

nd now, in Conyers, further west, closer to Atlanta, there’s a major chemical fire which has closed down I-20.

I wonder why a plant with reactive chemicals would have water fire suppression sprinklers? That seems like it should be a clear code violation.

Yikes. @DANC I sure hope these people will still be able to vote.

We visited there 2 summes ago. I can't believe it's no longer there - I was a neat place. Touristy, but a good vibe.

I'm not sure about the voting there. Lots of artsy fartsy people in that part of the state, particularly around Ashville. Still, rural NC is mostly Republican.

That bottom right picture is I-40. That’s a major route between Knoxville and Asheville. Driven it a number of times. Can’t comprehend that a part of a major interstate is just GONE. And it won’t be easy or quick to repair. The scope of this is just too large.

Gas stations here, about 80 miles west of Augusta, are running out of gas as people from Augusta who can get out are driving this far west to get gas, water and food.

Someone just posted a picture of the local Publix bread aisle. All the shelves are bare.

And now, in Conyers, further west, closer to Atlanta, there’s a major chemical fire which has closed down I-20.
I hope you have your prepper stash ready to go.

My wife and I were supposed to fly into Tampa and stay at the Don Cesar on St Pete Beach today through Oct 6 . What a mess! Been trying to get my $7,000 refunded from Priceline all day.

May stroke out on my anniversary. 😂
Saw some post Helene pics of the Don Cesar today.
Yikes. 😳

Reactions: stollcpa

I26 also washed away.

Standard practice. You just throw out a complaint about the Dems and the media, and all the sheep just nod and agree, even if it's obviously nonsense.
It wasn't fair at the time, but I remember all the shit Bush got for Katrina. The government's response so far has been as quick as it was then. Turnabout being fair play, Biden/Harris are failing those people in a similar fashion and are worthy of criticism.

5b9c87168905f2fd1e8b51d7

It wasn't fair at the time, but I remember all the shit Bush got for Katrina. The government's response so far has been as quick as it was then. Turnabout being fair play, Biden/Harris are failing those people in a similar fashion and are worthy of criticism.
Are we sure Joe knows a hurricane hit?

Will there be any Property and Casualty Insurance Companies left in Florida after this hurricane?

Reactions: All4You
Will there be any Property and Casualty Insurance Companies left in Florida after this hurricane?

60 Minutes did a report last night about property insurance companies ripping off policy holders following a hurricane.

Bottom line, unless you take your case to court you will receive a small fraction of the coverage you paid premiums for. Hardly anyone does this.

Reactions: stollcpa
They need to mobilize the Army into Asheville, North Carolina and take away some of the Billions we are throwing away in
Ukraine and help our own people! Where is President Biden?

60 Minutes did a report last night about property insurance companies ripping off policy holders following a hurricane.

Bottom line, unless you take your case to court you will receive a small fraction of the coverage you paid premiums for. Hardly anyone does this.
I have clients that did things the right way their entire lives. A year before Ian they sold their two condos on Ft Myers beach and bought a home a block off the gulf. A couple months before Ian they had it completely remodeled with a great boat dock built for their fishing boat.

Their neighbors told them insurance was a waste. Ian destroyed their home and damaged dock and boat. Late this summer they had everything built back again even better. Helene got them again. They are distraught.

Worked back from near bankruptcy 40 years ago to where they had their dream home in Indiana and in Florida and now this twice. Feel so sorry for them.

Wish I had watched the report.

Thousands of young lawyers will soon regret law school. You have flood but this was wind

They need to mobilize the Army into Asheville, North Carolina and take away some of the Billions we are throwing away in
Ukraine and help our own people! Where is President Biden?

Governors do have the National Guard troops available to them.

Confident these troops will be called into duty. Also rescue units from cities across the country will participate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT