ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Helene - she's going to be one expensive bitch

My wife and I were supposed to fly into Tampa and stay at the Don Cesar on St Pete Beach today through Oct 6 . What a mess! Been trying to get my $7,000 refunded from Priceline all day.

May stroke out on my anniversary. 😂
The Don Cesar pools got flooded out by the rising seawater. Beach sand all the way past the outdoor bar.

The Don Cesar pools got flooded out by the rising seawater. Beach sand all the way past the outdoor bar.
We’re lucky we didn’t arrive few days earlier. Guess we’re going to head to Vegas now. Wife wants to leave Sunday and come back next Sunday. I told her 3/4 days is all I can do or the Wynn might own our house. Lol.

Awesome…I was going by this

A lot of talk around here that Augusta was really hit, with no access to gas, just one Publix open, people needing help getting out from under house and property damage. The course might not have suffered that much but who can know for sure. Not exactly the most forthcoming group. Augusta National did put out a plea on Nextdoor for help for the area.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Read an article about Priceline’s controversial disclaimer for natural disasters. Not fair at all.
Yea, I wouldn’t be surprised if they screw me. So far i couldn’t check in Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Don’t know about Monday. I think no sewage right now.

The Democrat Gov appears to disagree.

That bottom right picture is I-40. That’s a major route between Knoxville and Asheville. Driven it a number of times. Can’t comprehend that a part of a major interstate is just GONE. And it won’t be easy or quick to repair. The scope of this is just too large.

Gas stations here, about 80 miles west of Augusta, are running out of gas as people from Augusta who can get out are driving this far west to get gas, water and food.

Someone just posted a picture of the local Publix bread aisle. All the shelves are bare.

And now, in Conyers, further west, closer to Atlanta, there’s a major chemical fire which has closed down I-20.

Reactions: Spartans9312
nd now, in Conyers, further west, closer to Atlanta, there’s a major chemical fire which has closed down I-20.

I wonder why a plant with reactive chemicals would have water fire suppression sprinklers? That seems like it should be a clear code violation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT