ADVERTISEMENT

How you viscerally reacted to the "nobody told him he was a smart player"

There are a lot of smart players that can't shoot

he just used him as an example of guys who learned or improved their jumper in the NBA. Pippen, Jordan, Jimmy Butler.......etc etc

Troy could become a great shooter in the NBA with work......hes only a Soph

Re: Can two top 5 picks beat a 2-3 zone?

Yes everything goes back to that game. I get it. People will talk about it for the next 20 years unless IU improves. But it doesn't really prove much of anything. But lets not act like the IU team from 2 years ago was the most dominant team ever. A backcourt of two players that don't reach 6', one being a freshman, and the other being an athletically limited injured shooter.

Mike Davis beat the #1 team in the country in Duke and 1 seed, which was stacked with NBA talent. S*it happens, particularly in the madness of a one and done tournament.

Crean has problems, mainly with his ongoing problem building balanced rosters. Doesn't discount my original point that was in response to complaints about IU being an NBA farm team. Just another excuse for people to bitch, which is pretty much all they do.

Reference the "Meh" post below.

Re: "Hater has been banned can't currently respond."

Sorry for assumption.

He disappeared the same day Peegs posted he suspended a long time poster. And hasn't returned.

Re: Without a jumpshot, he's an NBA tweener.

His jump shot is not that bad. He showed that some again last night. You guys act like he can't hit a thing. He is good a shooter as Vic was at the same point in his career. Vic couldn't hit anything as a freshman, and was a very good shooter by his junior year.

that doesn't make up for your other two assumptions.

Hater is a word used by ebonic speakers to note the ignorance of racism because there's no other explanation. Using it to describe someone that dislikes Crean's coaching is not only lazy but asinine. I know you don't get much real social interaction in Mayberry, Idiot, but it's not a blanket label for those who are in disagreement of your views.

Want to tackle your third false assumption?

This post was edited on 2/16 11:23 AM by Guy_Fawkes

Originally posted by twenty02:
Yes everything goes back to that game. I get it. People will talk about it for the next 20 years unless IU improves. But it doesn't really prove much of anything. But lets not act like the IU team from 2 years ago was the most dominant team ever. A backcourt of two players that don't reach 6', one being a freshman, and the other being an athletically limited injured shooter.

Mike Davis beat the #1 team in the country in Duke and 1 seed, which was stacked with NBA talent. S*it happens, particularly in the madness of a one and done tournament.
We were fortunate to beat Temple the game before, and Wisky crushed us in the B1G tourney. It was more than just Syracuse, but that game summed things up.

Agree shit happens in the tournament, and that's why a program needs to consistently be in the tournament with teams that can make a run. Crean has not demonstrated an ability to do this.

Lol...troll more subtly. For people who don't know that you're kidding...

Jordan and Butler could shoot in college. Pippen was a skilled college player who had something like 6" growth spurt in college. Troy isn't close to either in athleticism.

Somebody needs to throw out the names Wilt, Bird, and Lebron to round out this discussion!

Dipo played good D.

I mean, the Slam Dunk Contest is cool and all, but there really is no comparing Dipo and Williams on the defensive end of the floor...comparing each's sophomore years.

By his junior year Dipo was considered a prospect who was primed to have an impact defensively in the pros, something tough to do for rooks who guard the perimeter.

Dipo has exceeded expectations thus far, defensively.

Williams may be a better dunker (arguable) but, considering the guys he will be guarding, Williams' D is gonna really have to improve.

Nobody doubts he'll get drafted...hell, he may leave this year. And if Dipo's D can improve while at IU, then there's no reason to think Williams' can't.

Just seems Dipo had more quickness and intensity on that end. And D is a must in the NBA. If you can't guard your position, you don't play.

This post was edited on 2/16 11:29 AM by UTFO

He also was a better shooter and handled the rock. People act like

Oladipo couldn't tie his shoes when he came here. He was a smart kid who worked hard for his drastic improvement--an improvement most players won't experience.

Still...even as a frosh VO was more perimeter oriented and a better shooter than Troy.

No doubt , but I think Troy

Has improved on so many things this year and will continue to do so. I think it's obvious that he, and probably some other kids that are so athletically gifted, don't work as hard on other parts of their game in high school as they should. Troy has been much more engaged for the most part this year. I've been close enough to watch him in the huddle, talking to the freshmen, etc. He still sometimes makes the wrong decisions, but he is cutting down on that. He and Yogi last night were really intense the entire game. As quick and athletic as he is, there is no reason he can't get his positioning better at least to improve his defense. Victor did always take pride in that. I think VO always had to work hard to get where he is, and Troy probably coasted until the last two years. ( and that may be what Bardo was trying to get at, haven't heard the comments).

If Williams can channel his inner Dipo, then, sure.

Dipo was special in that regard. He wasn't flunking drug tests, that's for sure.

Basketball is awash with great talents who never amounted to much.

Williams has done some good things this year...shown some serious athleticism...surprised me...and my opinion on this is more a commentary on just how damn good the NBA is than it is how unready Williams is.

And, if we're talking dunk contests, did you check out 19 year old Levine the other night? Younger, taller, more athletic and with a bigger vertical...the NBA is damn good.

Let me take a shot at this

Crean is highly unlikely to win a national title. He won't be able to recruit the high level of talent necessary to overcome his shortcomings as a bench coach. And his shortcomings as a bench coach hurts the team win out some games where a stronger bench coach would. We will always be decent and mediocre with Crean.

Exactly. Troy is a very good player.....

but those NBA boys are on a different level. Troy could do it. But it would surprise me given his still set.

Re: that doesn't make up for your other two assumptions.

Mayberry? That's quite an assumption there yourself, idiot.

Re: that doesn't make up for your other two assumptions.

And the topic was Troy Williams, not Crean, idiot.

Lol, are you offended

Idiot is your nickname, remember? You're just not very bright are you?

I agree 100%...thereby my comment that it was not a dominant team, and had significant flaws.

Which goes back to my other point, that the biggest and most valid criticism of Crean is his inability to recruit/build/maintain a balanced roster. Is that going to continue into the future? Very possibly, and it will be his eventual demise.

Re: Let me take a shot at this

Originally posted by crimsonlaw:
Crean is highly unlikely to win a national title. He won't be able to recruit the high level of talent necessary to overcome his shortcomings as a bench coach. And his shortcomings as a bench coach hurts the team win out some games where a stronger bench coach would. We will always be decent and mediocre with Crean.
How long do we have to wait until enough people (pressure) and/or the right people (AD) realize this?

First one was about a 12 foot baseline jumper, before the two threes. He's always had a good free throw shot and form, it just hasn't translated. I should have said it's a good start.

In pure ecstasy I blurted "OH TROY" and then tried to regain my breathe.

Sincerely,

Hoops Cat

LOL. I strive to add to the A-OTF lexicon...

but that was not my intent when I posted that.

**Memo to self - review all posts prior to hitting "Post Message"....

Do you have any redeeming traits other than being a twit?

I'm serious. Your average intelligence surely isn't impressive. Your wit non existent. Knowledge below common. All you do is cry about stupid crap ..

Wanna play little boy? Are you big enough now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT