ADVERTISEMENT

How to get rich

Need BIG ideas. I'm too old to change. Been working for myself for nearly 20 years. I don't think anyone will hire me now; I'm too old.

So far, you guys suck at this. I was counting on at least McM to throw out some manufacturing ideas, legal factory ideas, etc. Very disappointed.
Returning from Africa I noted a brilliant idea to procure a small piece of land which I would (pay someone to) clear and maintain. I would sell beer/alcohol and meat and have open firepits where people could cook said meat. TVs everywhere. Gambling once I get a license.

Pros: Alcohol + Meat + Live Sports + Gambling = MONEY
Cons: Some small, niggling liability concerns relative to the open fire pits. But did I mention the money part?

====

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Returning from Africa I noted a brilliant idea to procure a small piece of land which I would (pay someone to) clear and maintain. I would sell beer/alcohol and meat and have open firepits where people could cook said meat. TVs everywhere. Gambling once I get a license.

Pros: Alcohol + Meat + Live Sports + Gambling = MONEY
Cons: Some small, niggling liability concerns relative to the open fire pits. But did I mention the money part?

====
So like a ready-made, best-of tailgaiting/camping experience? Love it.

Maybe instead of them cooking their own meat, hire lovely ladies to cook and serve it?

You’ll never get rich working for someone else. You need to own your own business. Invest in yourself, that way you control what happens.
Rich is subjective. Can definitely build a 401k in the 2-4 million dollar range with a good corporate job.

Plus there are still companies with pensions, some of which will pay over 100k per year with enough years of service. Not rich, but certainly nothing to sneeze at.

Reactions: NPT
Need BIG ideas. I'm too old to change. Been working for myself for nearly 20 years. I don't think anyone will hire me now; I'm too old.

So far, you guys suck at this. I was counting on at least McM to throw out some manufacturing ideas, legal factory ideas, etc. Very disappointed.
Lotto? Keno? PowerBall? Mega Millions?

Has anybody mentioned these?

• Haha
Reactions: NPT
i don't really know anything about investing, as evidenced by my financial advisor. if i had lars' time machine i think i would have studied finance and gotten into all that. it just seemed so boring then. at the time i lifted weights at the same time as one of the main poly sci profs and he talked me into majoring in that. stupid. stupid f*cker.

i don't really know anything about investing, as evidenced by my financial advisor. if i had lars' time machine i think i would have studied finance and gotten into all that. it just seemed so boring then. at the time i lifted weights at the same time as one of the main poly sci profs and he talked me into majoring in that. stupid. stupid f*cker.
Yes you are.

Which schools isn't "this" in? Seems like DeSantis and the Texas GOP are seeing "it" in all schools.
Too many. I think we'd increase enrollment at public high schools among males if we only searched these teachers out.

how you get rich:

Uh, did you guys ever have a teacher that looked like Courtney Tillia? (That's her name.)

Courtney-Tillia-1.jpg

I'm struggling to think of a high school or college classmate that looked this good.

Uh, did you guys ever have a teacher that looked like Courtney Tillia? (That's her name.)

Courtney-Tillia-1.jpg

I'm struggling to think of a high school or college classmate that looked this good.
Since you asked, not my teacher....but, my daughter's 4th grade teacher. My God.

Parent Teacher night felt like Clark Griswold talking to the lady at the lingerie counter.

This is the thread for million-dollar betting picks, insider trading information, and brilliant (or insane) business ideas.

FYI—I lost quite a bit on A&Ms loss to Appalachian State and would like to pay for my kids’ college if possible, so let’s make this quick.

Bet the 49ers, give the points. The Bears suck and I have no faith in Fields. I’m half-a-mortgage payment sure.
Like other posters, my IRAs are down in value about 13.8% since their alltime high total value in Jan. 2022.

Several years ago, I moved my IRAs to mostly bond funds with decent monthly dividends, to see how much raw income I could generate, knowing the share price of such funds was likely to drop or not increase much. I reinvested the dividends. Despite a drop in share price for most of those funds, the total value of my IRAs kept going up and up, from the reinvestments.

However, during and after the Covid lockdowns and other events of 2020, I was surprised that the total monthly dividends for my bond funds have actually gone up slightly in dollars (not yield percentage) from, say, March 2020, to the present.

I was expecting that those funds owned stock in dividend-paying companies that, because of Covid effects, would have had to reduce or suspend the dividends they paid to the mutual fund companies (which normally would have reduced their income/dividends). But, the monthly dividends have kept rolling in (in terms of dollars, not yield).

Reactions: UncleMark
Ok, @snarlcakes and @mcmurtry66, I've got our business. It involves crypto, Benjamin's, trench coats, and hopefully beautiful Argentinian women:

We will open a chain of cuevas there, backed by American trustworthiness. We'll let snarlcakes handle the crypto part. We'll need couriers carrying all the cash who know how to evade robbers, etc.

I'll catch the next flight to Buenos Aires if we can raise the capital. Now, does anyone speak Spanish?

Well. Legislate or nah?

“I was appalled when I discovered PayPal had suspended my accounts,” Young told me. “The authoritarian, social-credit system developed in China was now being implemented in the West, except instead of ideological compliance being enforced by the Chinese Communist Party, it was being policed by a woke capitalist corporation.”

So, we really can't legislate the workings and decisions of a private company right? That's an awfully slippery slope.

Looks like the lefties figured out how to use capitalism and certain things 1A won't touch to slam their ideology down others' throats.

Smells a lot like conservatives using the courts to do the same thing.

The lack of actual get rich quick ideas in this thread is disappointing.
Actually, I felt inspired by sglowrider’s post on Indian scammers. So I just wired $10,000 to a guy over there to set up a call bank of scammers who will be cold calling/phishing elderly Chinese. Dude swears I’ll get 1000% return within a year.

He said he’ll just keep taking out his expenses from my bank account as we go along. Need his number?

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02 and larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT