ADVERTISEMENT

How good are the Golden State Warriors?

Boston is a 5 seed but they need to be an 8-seed at best for Brad to give up hope.

#One.More.Year.

They're a fast, small-lineup team filled with multi-positional players and they kill you with 3s. Hmmmm, maybe CTC is onto something with this style of --- errrp, nope, no can't do it. I can't troll that hard. Just threw up in my mouth a little bit trying to type this.

Please don't feed the bears.

The Bulls are worried GS will win more games than their dream team. They should be worried. GS is 41-4 and just destroyed their closest competition.
32-5 in their remaining games breaks the record. Seems doable for them, barring injuries.

They're a fast, small-lineup team filled with multi-positional players and they kill you with 3s. Hmmmm, maybe CTC is onto something with this style of --- errrp, nope, no can't do it. I can't troll that hard. Just threw up in my mouth a little bit trying to type this.
Minus the fact that they play with a high IQ, defend, and rely on passing the ball.

This Warriors team is incredibly fun to watch. Each guy contributes. They play incredible team ball, and then have Curry. Someone in the press mentioned how they are so good and so fun to watch that they end up having road crowds forgetting that the Warriors are the road team because they so caught up watching them.

Why? Maybe it's Pipen.....or Rodman....
No Tip'n Pipen?
I'd put these guys up against anyone in the NBA history books. What Steph n Co are doing is insane. They've managed to take it to another level from what they did in the finals last year.
I'd give the Bulls of Glory years the advantage in a 7 game series but it'd be 4-3.
The problem with matching teams up against these Warriors is the 3pt shooting. You look at those Lakers teams that won with Kobe and Shaq. Sure shaq would drop 50 on them but it'd be all in the paint. Curry or Thompson would come right back down and drain a 3 before Shaq could cross center court. Shaq would be passed out before the 4th qtr.

I'm going to go on record saying that the Cavs win the Finals in six games. No one in the East will really challenge them and the West is brutal. Golden State will have to get through some combination of Houston/ LA Clippers/Memphis/Oklahoma City/San Antonio and while I wouldn't predict a series win for any of those teams, they'll all play Golden State tough - they won't get through that gauntlet unscathed. They have a target on their backs and in the playoffs when guys actually give a crap, they'll have a tough path to the Finals.

The Cavs - as long as they can stay healthy - will beat them in six games. Mark it down.

I bet CTC could take over this team and lose in the first round. He's special.
Luke Walton just led an NBA team to an historical start and will most likely be a head NBA coach next year.

If Crean could somehow find himself coaching an NBA team with Lebron James or Steph Curry AND all his players liked him, he'd make it to the Finals.

No Tip'n Pipen?
I'd put these guys up against anyone in the NBA history books. What Steph n Co are doing is insane. They've managed to take it to another level from what they did in the finals last year.
I'd give the Bulls of Glory years the advantage in a 7 game series but it'd be 4-3.
The problem with matching teams up against these Warriors is the 3pt shooting. You look at those Lakers teams that won with Kobe and Shaq. Sure shaq would drop 50 on them but it'd be all in the paint. Curry or Thompson would come right back down and drain a 3 before Shaq could cross center court. Shaq would be passed out before the 4th qtr.
That would be one of the most fascinating temporally-impossible matchups you could come up with. Pretty evenly matched on both O and D eff. ratings. It would really come down to pace. If the Warriors could run the Bulls off the court, I'd give it to Golden State. If the Bulls could slow them down a bit, I'd give the edge to the Bulls.

Usually when people try to compare the best modern team to the best team from history, the realistic result is obvious for anyone who isn't delusional: the modern team would kick their asses. But I think basketball's a little different. I don't think skills have really improved all that much. Athleticism is the one area modern teams have an advantage, and that's why I think which team controlled the pace would decide the winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT