ADVERTISEMENT

How do you think an Indiana win would look if it happened tomorrow?

Hoosiers47614

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2019
As in, how do you think it would happen? For me, there are two things I think would be absolute musts.

Firstly, and it won't be easy because the weapons around them are on completely different planets in terms of talent and depth, but Indiana's defense HAS to get into Stroud's head and get him rattled, frustrated, and mistake-prone early on in the game like they did to a Heisman contending talent in Desmond Ritter in the first half. They'll have to keep Henderson in mind, too, but breaking up the rhythm of their passing game is priority one. If they don't, it doesn't matter how good our defense is, they aren't shutting down three clear NFL receivers. And no crippling and morale-sapping ejections or brutal defensive penalties this time, OK?

Secondly, the offense finds some way, any way, to be explosive. I cannot see us driving the length of the field more than maybe twice in this game. We have to, we simply have to, get yards in big chunks if we're going to get them at all. In a win the defense will almost certainly have helped by getting some turnovers and setting the offense up, but Fryfogle needs to go off. Or we need to turn to the back page of the playbook a few times and hit on a few trick plays, whether on offense or maybe fake kicks. Simply put, we need to find a way to pick up 25+ in a play multiple times. And above all, no turnovers! If you are under extreme pressure, take the sack, don't fling it up. Don't fight for extra yards in non-critical spots and fumble the ball.

Do I think it is likely? No. But this sort of game is the general idea and style of game that we would need to have unfold tomorrow for a chance.

1-0 forfeit! VBG. Something happens to the Ohio State team on the way to Btown. Covid or otherwise. Just kidding!! Don't get me wrong, I do not wish anything bad to happen to them. I am just being a wise a**.
Seriously, thinking the only way we have a shot is if they emplode like Oregon did in 2004 and turn the ball over 6 or 7 times. Our D is good enough to keep them in the upper 20s or lower 30s points wise if we could get a lot of help from the O, Special Teams and those turnovers. We still can dream can't we?
Go Hoosiers!

I hate to speak negatively of my favorite team, and forgive me for stating the obvious, but you have to be able to score touchdowns to win football games. I have zero confidence in our offense at this point. Despite the McFadden ejection, we should have won the Cincinnati game (we whiffed on three possessions - - featuring an interception and a fumble - - in the red zone) and we should have defeated Michigan State last Saturday. Our QBs are turning the ball over, the WRs are dropping very catchable passes, we're frequently giving the other team a short field to work with, and we can't score in the red zone. A win tomorrow? To quote Al Michaels, "Do you believe in miracles?"

he
I hate to speak negatively of my favorite team, and forgive me for stating the obvious, but you have to be able to score touchdowns to win football games. I have zero confidence in our offense at this point. Despite the McFadden ejection, we should have won the Cincinnati game (we whiffed on three possessions - - featuring an interception and a fumble - - in the red zone) and we should have defeated Michigan State last Saturday. Our QBs are turning the ball over, the WRs are dropping very catchable passes, we're frequently giving the other team a short field to work with, and we can't score in the red zone. A win tomorrow? To quote Al Michaels, "Do you believe in miracles?"
As Yoda would say agree with you, I do.

Reactions: Bowlmania
It would be great to have IU beat OSU tomorrow and OSU fans would find something to complain about if it happens. Our offense is a mess and I doubt they will be different tomorrow but miracles do happen.

I think it will take Indiana Jones to bring the ark of the covenant to Memorial Stadium and march it around the outside and then bring it to the IU sideline.
don't get confused with Joshua and Jericho.... but def. want to see Indy Jones there

As in, how do you think it would happen? For me, there are two things I think would be absolute musts.

Firstly, and it won't be easy because the weapons around them are on completely different planets in terms of talent and depth, but Indiana's defense HAS to get into Stroud's head and get him rattled, frustrated, and mistake-prone early on in the game like they did to a Heisman contending talent in Desmond Ritter in the first half. They'll have to keep Henderson in mind, too, but breaking up the rhythm of their passing game is priority one. If they don't, it doesn't matter how good our defense is, they aren't shutting down three clear NFL receivers. And no crippling and morale-sapping ejections or brutal defensive penalties this time, OK?

Secondly, the offense finds some way, any way, to be explosive. I cannot see us driving the length of the field more than maybe twice in this game. We have to, we simply have to, get yards in big chunks if we're going to get them at all. In a win the defense will almost certainly have helped by getting some turnovers and setting the offense up, but Fryfogle needs to go off. Or we need to turn to the back page of the playbook a few times and hit on a few trick plays, whether on offense or maybe fake kicks. Simply put, we need to find a way to pick up 25+ in a play multiple times. And above all, no turnovers! If you are under extreme pressure, take the sack, don't fling it up. Don't fight for extra yards in non-critical spots and fumble the ball.

Do I think it is likely? No. But this sort of game is the general idea and style of game that we would need to have unfold tomorrow for a chance.
"How do you think ..."

Like they had the refs on their side, the game was fixed, & OSU felt very sorry for IU.

DD

Jesus riding a horse on fire coming out of the sky followed by the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse would be the only way IU beats anybody of significance in football.

Big lights.
Big stage
Big fail.

-IU Football

Jesus riding a horse on fire coming out of the sky followed by the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse would be the only way IU beats anybody of significance in football.

Big lights.
Big stage
Big fail.

-IU Football
'Next year', for sure! This time it's happening!

I get it, I get it

DD

Crooked as a dog's hind leg.

Take O$U & the give any points up to 30

DD

Probably something like this…
thumb_720_450_758.jpg

Seriously, I think the defense is capable of putting together an effort good enough to pull off the upset. Unfortunately, they wouldn’t be able to score enough by themselves to get it done. I just don’t see the offense clicking for 4 quarters, which is what it would take.

IU hits big plays on offense and defense, gets a big lead, and OSU just has a bad day and never gets momentum.

Our starting defense is probably actually better than theirs - so if our offense suddenly hits on all cylinders and gets a couple of big tds and a long drive early …

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman and 76-1
I think it will take Indiana Jones to bring the ark of the covenant to Memorial Stadium and march it around the outside and then bring it to the IU sideline.

You realize there are even more powerful items stored in that warehouse in West Virginia, right?

We'd need a couple of 'em . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT