ADVERTISEMENT

How bout that stock market?

I dug the whole Monty Python cast myself. I love thr dry wit of 70's English comedy. The Benny Hill Show, Derek and Clive (Peter Cook and Dudly Moore) was also up there for me. More modern from across the pond are The Fast Show, Tramadol Nights (and any Frankie Boyle stand up specials really), The Mighty Boosh, Mitchell and Webb are others to check out if you like that thing.

Boston Market - another really good franchise that went to shit.
So has the St. Louis Bread Company (for mcm, Panera for everyone else).

Love Buffalouies obviously...owner's a great guy and family friend.

That said, Whiskey Business (2 or 3 Indy locales I think) has some of the best wings going. Ale Emporium strong as well.
Buffalouies about done being built here in Carmel. Another win. We just keep stacking them up.

Ale Emporium is great.
Well..............there's something off on the Hermanaki sauce/wings lately. My go to is now Hermasian or Hermaican

Pizza still kicks ass. And their Hermanaki chicken salad is still great. And their bleu cheese is top notch.

Agree. Chatham Tap has incredible wings. It’s an allspice sauce that makes no sense but is delicious. Plus you get Boddingtons on draft too.
Stumbled across that place twice...both during daughter's team practices.

Once at Butler...once in Fishers down the street from some park they practiced at. Feel like I saw the Avett Brothers near there in some city center field or something? Venue sucked, but thought it was right in Fishers? I dunno.

Seems like a good soccer bar.

Reactions: larsIU
The cough syrup thing was always dumb and your constant use of it isn’t helping.

Find something new, for fvcks sake.

It’s not like you ever post anything but moronic insults. At least rotate them now and then.
No one asked you what you thought Baby D.

That's too bad. I always thought BW3s had great food, for a sports bar. I did notice their service started to really suck, so they probably were on the way down then.

I don't know anything about Bucca other than the Indy location in Castleton and it was always packed as of 7 or 8 years ago. Of course, that whole Castleton area is depressing now, compared to what it used to be.

Actually just saw that Bucca is in chapter 11. Guess they are attempting to restructure but would expect a lot more locations to close. I probably haven't been in one in a decade. We used to occasionally meet up with friends/family at the downtown one. I think I'd only been to the Castleton one once. Only thing still good about Castleton these days is the original Ale Emporium.

Reactions: DANC
Love Buffalouies obviously...owner's a great guy and family friend.

That said, Whiskey Business (2 or 3 Indy locales I think) has some of the best wings going. Ale Emporium strong as well.

Wow that's a blast from the past name. When I used to live in Geist would frequent Whiskey Business. Didn't even know it was still around.

Boston Market - another really good franchise that went to shit.
I’m about >< close to never using your free football tickets, ever again!
This is a GD stock market sub water cooler thread damnit.

• Haha
Milton has long Covid. Was at a kid’s party last year and starving and grabbed a piece of Pizza Hut there. It was inedible. And that was the gold standard as a kid on soccer trips. 10 years old a holidome Pizza Hut and pitcher of Mountain Dew was heaven on earth. Could argue that was the pinnacle of life thus far
But with your third arm in your baseball pants didn’t hurt any I bet. Did you get invited to a lot of pool parties, by moms.

So has the St. Louis Bread Company (for mcm, Panera for everyone else).

Buffalouies about done being built here in Carmel. Another win. We just keep stacking them up.

Well..............there's something off on the Hermanaki sauce/wings lately. My go to is now Hermasian or Hermaican

Pizza still kicks ass. And their Hermanaki chicken salad is still great. And their bleu cheese is top notch.
Bread Co

OG

Agree. Chatham Tap has incredible wings. It’s an allspice sauce that makes no sense but is delicious. Plus you get Boddingtons on draft too.
I forgot about Boddingtons. I haven’t had one for years. I’m going to change that this weekend.

Reactions: Cortez88
There's one up on Pendelton Pike right next to our soccer club. Guarantee I'm the only guy from Bloomington with a tab there. 😄

Yep I think that was the original one I used to frequent. That was at least 15 years ago. Glad it's still going strong

Yep I think that was the original one I used to frequent. That was at least 15 years ago. Glad it's still going strong
Taco Tuesday. Wing Wednesday. Both exceptional.

The smashburger...exquisite. Jalapeño poppers...Best I've had.

Live trivia almost every night...plus they host Billy and the Tall Boys all the time.

You serious? I've never tried them. Their breakfast pizza is awesome**.

Had to edit as Snarl already used the bomb. Lol
Dude... I'll never lie about food that surprises me.
Casey's been spending $$$$ on their signature, under the radar, "groceries" (as my redneck ass calls then).
They may not be "I'm in a tux, looking for over priced ambiance, bullshit". but they are 100% solid, "I'm in my sweats, able to pay 100 time more, watching any GD thing that I want", total type of perfection.
The freakin meat doesn't even get caught in my tooth ! NOT lieing !

Reactions: BCCHoosier
You serious? I've never tried them. Their breakfast pizza is awesome**.

Had to edit as Snarl already used the bomb. Lol
I'll add... and it will become quite evident that I am emotionally vested in Casey's grub.
When I was building my house 9-10 yrs ago. My daily routine was, stop doing "work" stuff about 5. Drive to Casey's 25 minutes away. Grab a slice of peperoni and a lipton green tea. Drive to the build site, shoveling a slice down my throat, with the lipton between my knees.
Every day for 4 months.
I lost 25# just doing the roof. That was like doing a 2 week long plank.
Casey's doughnuts have helped me find those lost 25#, and some of their friends, sadly.

• Haha
Reactions: BCCHoosier
I'll add... and it will become quite evident that I am emotionally vested in Casey's grub.
When I was building my house 9-10 yrs ago. My daily routine was, stop doing "work" stuff about 5. Drive to Casey's 25 minutes away. Grab a slice of peperoni and a lipton green tea. Drive to the build site, shoveling a slice down my throat, with the lipton between my knees.
Every day for 4 months.
I lost 25# just doing the roof. That was like doing a 2 week long plank.
Casey's doughnuts have helped me find those lost 25#, and some of their friends, sadly.
Just wait til QT gets here, Joe...shouldn't be long. You'll hate Casey's once you experience a well operated QT.

Check out the new Rockets in Bloomington for a little brother example of QT.

That's too bad. I always thought BW3s had great food, for a sports bar. I did notice their service started to really suck, so they probably were on the way down then.

I don't know anything about Bucca other than the Indy location in Castleton and it was always packed as of 7 or 8 years ago. Of course, that whole Castleton area is depressing now, compared to what it used to be.
What happened to Castleton?

BW3 used to be good when their only real competition was Hooters. I think it's a combo of expanding too fast and the market getting saturated with better options. Tiny ass wings for to much $$$.

When I was in college they had 25 cent wing Tuesdays. It was good then.

Haven't been to Pizza Hut in years, because I thought they sucked.

Have you had a Dominoes lately? I had one in Logansport, of all places, delivery to the hotel, because it was after 10 and no place else was open (and I'd been drinking and didn't want to be out on the road). It was freaking awesome! I'd had another one at someone else's house a month or so ago and it was good.

I might have to start frequenting Dominoes more.
Pizza hut will have me shitting through a screen door. Of the major chains Dominos has always been my favorite. Thin crust ftw. Their deep dish a close second.

Aren't they re-doing Lafayette Square? I thought I read that they're trying to "reimagine" it?
I guess they've been trying to turn it into an "International Marketplace" concept b/c of all the Indian, Hispanic, and African communities on that side of town.

Doesn't change the geography though. Which is what kills it. Never know though, might make a comeback.

I guess they've been trying to turn it into an "International Marketplace" concept b/c of all the Indian, Hispanic, and African communities on that side of town.

Doesn't change the geography though. Which is what kills it. Never know though, might make a comeback.
Safety is the key. I think it could be a big success if people feel safe going there. That's basically what killed Lafayette Square and has almost killed Castleton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT