ADVERTISEMENT

How bout that stock market?

Same. You can add Popeyes, Wendy's, Arby's and Panda Express to that for me. Pizza Hut, however, will always tickle my G spot.
I know Panda can hardly qualify as Chinese, but around here at least they are clean and bright. Burger King is another place that scares me. Hardly any cars there for years, but somehow they stay open.

Reactions: DANC
I'm with you. I am 53 and want to return in 2 years, but know that missus doesn't want me around the house, so it will be 62 and beyond 😂
My wife is 52 (I'm but a babe at 49....and I enjoy the AARP jokes). She wants out at 55. This is, technically, doable. We got lucky on our house (bought as a foreclosure during the down turn back in 2012). It's doubled in value and we'll pay it off in the next couple years. Only the one kid entering college who should make a our financial lives a bit easier by getting some level of scholarship wherever she goes. Plus, we've saved for it.

I'm not saying I won't work at something past 60 but it won't be what i'm doing now. Way too stressful.

I don't need to be rich, I just need to be DONE at some point. then I can pretend I'm a tree farmer in Africa.

Pretty sure they changed the regulations on appraisers. They are real hesitant to fudge the numbers like in years past. People waiting for a 2008 style bubble should rethink this. Not even close to the same situation.
Changed a ton of regulations on appraisers as well as lenders. The good old boy way of doing it is gone. When I started in banking you got to pick the appraiser now it goes in rotation and appraisers are ultra conservative these days.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I don't really understand the market well and don't follow it closely, but it seems like it's as fickle as a teenage girl. The Nikkei set all of this off with a horrid day yesterday and then rebounds with its best day since 2008?

Almost every week, one of the US markets is setting a positive record, yet people bemoan the economy.

Seems a slight breeze can set people into a huge panic wrt the market.

Reactions: UncleMark
Bucca has been closing locations for years. I used to drive by that one in Castleton that closed and it was always an empty parking lot.

I think BW3 is the next one to start closing up. Those places are always empty. Had some wings from there a couple months ago. Awful.
That's too bad. I always thought BW3s had great food, for a sports bar. I did notice their service started to really suck, so they probably were on the way down then.

I don't know anything about Bucca other than the Indy location in Castleton and it was always packed as of 7 or 8 years ago. Of course, that whole Castleton area is depressing now, compared to what it used to be.

As a kid I swear KFC was at least passable. Now pure garbage with most locations dirty. Popeyes not much better.

Steak and Shake has give downhill too since COVID. We need a Freddy's closer by.
Freddy's is what S&S used to be.

I just had a Freddy's cheeseburger California style - so good. But even they can be hit or miss, depending on the location.

Same. You can add Popeyes, Wendy's, Arby's and Panda Express to that for me. Pizza Hut, however, will always tickle my G spot.
Haven't been to Pizza Hut in years, because I thought they sucked.

Have you had a Dominoes lately? I had one in Logansport, of all places, delivery to the hotel, because it was after 10 and no place else was open (and I'd been drinking and didn't want to be out on the road). It was freaking awesome! I'd had another one at someone else's house a month or so ago and it was good.

I might have to start frequenting Dominoes more.

Reactions: shouldhavebeenLars
I'm with you. I am 53 and want to retire in 2 years, but know that missus doesn't want me around the house, so it will be 62 and beyond 😂
55 is too young to retire. I retired at 58 and that was probably too young, although it was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Haven't been to Pizza Hut in years, because I thought they sucked.

Have you had a Dominoes lately? I had one in Logansport, of all places, delivery to the hotel, because it was after 10 and no place else was open (and I'd been drinking and didn't want to be out on the road). It was freaking awesome! I'd had another one at someone else's house a month or so ago and it was good.

I might have to start frequenting Dominoes more.
Lots of Dominos all over here in Michigan for obvious reasons. They may be good or may not be, but I don't eat pizza more than a couple of times a year. Sadly.....

I'm type 1 diabetic. Pizza is not something that I should be eating but will on occasion cheat. It is soooo much better to eat sugar free fudgesicles.... said no one ever

Yeah, that sucks. Have you tried the carnivore recipes for wraps/pizza crusts? A bit of work for prep time, but if you want a pizza fix without the carbs and/or spikes it's worth it.

Lots of Dominos all over here in Michigan for obvious reasons. They may be good or may not be, but I don't eat pizza more than a couple of times a year. Sadly.....
Yeah, me too. I have it maybe once a month. I bought into the propaganda that they're bad for you. Communists!

Yeah, that sucks. Have you tried the carnivore recipes for wraps/pizza crusts? A bit of work for prep time, but if you want a pizza fix without the carbs and/or spikes it's worth it.

i have tried it all before. The bread in pizza is what drives the boat for me and I can't do it. Appreciate the tip-- always nice when people give suggestions to help out. 🥰

Last edited:
I have tried it all. But the bread in pizza is what drives the boat for me. Appreciate the heads up though-- always nice when people give recommendations.

i have tried it all before. The bread in pizza is what drives the boat for me and I can't do it. Appreciate the tip-- always nice when people give suggestions to help out. 🥰
Damn you are a Michigan dude. Detroit style

Reactions: Mark Milton
I have tried it all. But the bread in pizza is what drives the boat for me. Appreciate the heads up though-- always nice when people give recommendations.

Me too in that regard. Was raised by parents who grew up during the great depression so all the meals my mom prepared had a bread-pasta/rice-root veggie/egumes component (sometimes all 3 lol). The love of carbs is in my DNA pretty much. I have Type 2 and started a strictly clean carnivore diet on June 3rd ahead of my July 25th doctor appointment. I had dropped 27 pounds and a full point on my A1C. I plan to keep on the strict regiment for a full 90 days and then modify it towards a Keto/Carnivore hybrid, adding back in carb semi-neutral veggies and fiber negated zero carb breads/wraps in moderation. The goal is to drop 50 total and then work towards getting back to fit and lean via adding exercise and training.

That's too bad. I always thought BW3s had great food, for a sports bar. I did notice their service started to really suck, so they probably were on the way down then.

I don't know anything about Bucca other than the Indy location in Castleton and it was always packed as of 7 or 8 years ago. Of course, that whole Castleton area is depressing now, compared to what it used to be.
Having tried wings from multiple places over the years, I’d say BW3 is sub par. I’m also not a fan of wings that are glopped in sauce where there is more of the sauce than the actual meat. I refuse to go to BW3.

Having tried wings from multiple places over the years, I’d say BW3 is sub par. I’m also not a fan of wings that are glopped in sauce where there is more of the sauce than the actual meat. I refuse to go to BW3.
I used to get the wings without sauce - the sauce was too heavy for me.

I haven't had decent wings for years.

Me too in that regard. Was raised by parents who grew up during the great depression so all the meals my mom prepared had a bread-pasta/rice-root veggie/egumes component (sometimes all 3 lol). The love of carbs is in my DNA pretty much. I have Type 2 and started a strictly clean carnivore diet on June 3rd ahead of my July 25th doctor appointment. I had dropped 27 pounds and a full point on my A1C. I plan to keep on the strict regiment for a full 90 days and then modify it towards a Keto/Carnivore hybrid, adding back in carb semi-neutral veggies and fiber negated zero carb breads/wraps in moderation. The goal is to drop 50 total and then work towards getting back to fit and lean via adding exercise and training.
Killer work my man. Great stuff!

Good for you! It's a lot harder trying to lose weight as you get older.

So now the Stock market = Boston Market.
This is why I come here, to learn things and use my super powers of awesome wit. with anchovies.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
I used to get the wings without sauce - the sauce was too heavy for me.

I haven't had decent wings for years.
Love Buffalouies obviously...owner's a great guy and family friend.

That said, Whiskey Business (2 or 3 Indy locales I think) has some of the best wings going. Ale Emporium strong as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: snarlcakes and DANC
Love Buffalouies obviously...owner's a great guy and family friend.

That said, Whiskey Business (2 or 3 Insy locales I think) has some of the best wings going. Ale Emporium strong as well.
I like Buffalouies wings OK, but they're nothing great, imo. I prefer their sandwiches. And the atmosphere is the best.

Never been to Whiskey Business. I was going to the Ale Emporium in Castleton over 30 years ago. Haven't been for a while, but their ribs were the best I've ever had, by far. Now I'm going to have to stop in next time I'm up that way for wings.

The old school Pizza Hut (with the roof and dine in buffet) just closed in Bloomington. Another dining casualty of this county's overbearing Covid lockdown and resulting service environment.

That said..."Pizza Hut Classic" seems like a cool idea...not sure if they need franchisees or what. Apparently several in Michigan...

The old school Pizza Hut (with the roof and dine in buffet) just closed in Bloomington. Another dining casualty of this county's overbearing Covid lockdown and resulting service environment.

That said..."Pizza Hut Classic" seems like a cool idea...not sure if they need franchisees or what. Apparently several in Michigan...

All up north and in the thumb area. Most of those towns still think it is 1982 and haven't watched Return of the Jedi yet.

This feed is fantastic entertainment and his Pizza Hut takes are spot on.

This feed is fantastic entertainment and his Pizza Hut takes are spot on.

Milton has long Covid. Was at a kid’s party last year and starving and grabbed a piece of Pizza Hut there. It was inedible. And that was the gold standard as a kid on soccer trips. 10 years old a holidome Pizza Hut and pitcher of Mountain Dew was heaven on earth. Could argue that was the pinnacle of life thus far

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Milton has long Covid. Was at a kid’s party last year and starving and grabbed a piece of Pizza Hut there. It was inedible. And that was the gold standard as a kid on soccer trips. 10 years old a holidome Pizza Hut and pitcher of Mountain Dew was heaven on earth. Could argue that was the pinnacle of life thus far
Mountain Dew? Oh hell yeah!

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT