ADVERTISEMENT

How bout that stock market?

Never thought I’d see over 41,000! Guess Biden didn’t tank it. Just another wrong Trump prediction. Thanks, Brandon! PS: 61% of the population own stock, so don’t tell me it just helps the very rich.

Reactions: DANC
  • Haha
Reactions: ulrey and Ohio Guy
Never thought I’d see over 41,000! Guess Biden didn’t tank it. Just another wrong Trump prediction. Thanks, Brandon! PS: 61% of the population own stock, so don’t tell me it just helps the very rich.
The last 3-4 days looked pretty nice, but I lost over $2k in one investment today alone.

The last 3-4 days looked pretty nice, but I lost over $2k in one investment today alone.
Have to limit risk

file-20230127-16-4cgk1e.jpeg

I've already said several times. I always wait to long. I still swear that internets thing is a fad! :)
That scam bankman friedman dude took me for a chunk.
Bitcoin is the path forward. That much we know. And if we ever get to a point where you can use it, like spend it, game over. Right now we’re killing it just on the emotional joy of holding it

Nothing makes money easier than a pile of money well-invested. The last 4 years have been GREAT for my retirement accounts. I'm fortunate in no longer having a mortgage, but I'm nowhere close to a one percenter.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
How much of those 61% get enough of their income from the market to care more about that than the cost of living? How many of those you think benefit are actually seething because they are taking from their retirement fund to pay bills in the here and now?

I don't have the answers to those questions, but only ask them to highlight how meaningless the 61% number is.

Reactions: jet812 and NPT
Nothing makes money easier than a pile of money well-invested. The last 4 years have been GREAT for my retirement accounts. I'm fortunate in no longer having a mortgage, but I'm nowhere close to a one percenter.

So you liked the unnecessary 18% decline in 2022 due to rising rates to offset Bidenflation? And I assume you own no fixed income prior to 2022 as the AGG was down 13% in that year and yet to recover, the worst bond market ever.

You might want to check with JDB or twenty, but IIUC you're supposed to sell when it's up, not when it's down. HTH
hahah... OK to be honest I didn't lose anything, because you know Dave Ramsey. We play the long game, I didn't sell shiot. It's just on paper.
It is odd though and I'm starting to question my advisors picks. My 401 can gain 6% the same day that my brokerage account losses 2%... Same day... WTF?

Do they come any more stupid? It's 3 months before an election and were touting the stock market? Jeeezuz Christ the stupidity around here...Not only that were back to deleting posts. Asshioles!

Last edited:
hahah... OK to be honest I didn't lose anything, because you know Dave Ramsey. We play the long game, I didn't sell shiot. It's just on paper.
It is odd though and I'm starting to question my advisors picks. My 401 can gain 6% the same day that my brokerage account losses 2%... Same day... WTF?

My tech heavy self lost 2% today. Fortunately I had moved some to a corporate bond fund yesterday. So I only have to work another year extra.

Do they come any more stupid? It's 3 months before an election and were touting the stock market? Jeeezuz Christ the stupidity around here wtf...Not only that were back to deleting posts. Asshioles!
When you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, The best of the grease is always at the bottom. It's the grease that stops all squeaks. Er'body knows that... right? hahaha

Just as Navaro is speaking at the RNC conference, after getting out of Swamp prison this morning. ... Visions of Willie Robertson, dynamite and draining the swamp dance in my head. And this is a great thing for America !

My 401K is through the roof and I'm making more money than I ever have. Literally everyone I know is in the same boat.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I've got some extra cash and thinking of starting an M1 account. Any of you f-ck around with those?

When you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, The best of the grease is always at the bottom. It's the grease that stops all squeaks. Er'body knows that... right? hahaha

Just as Navaro is speaking at the RNC conference, after getting out of Swamp prison this morning. ... Visions of Willie Robertson, dynamite and draining the swamp dance in my head. And this is a great thing for America !
So when packing a wheel bearing stop by the Cooler for the good grease? I sure as hell won't cook with it.

• Love

Pretty simple. Your 401k is probably in a target retirement date fund that is a mix of stocks, bonds, and cash, spread out between large, small, and mid cap and growth and value.

Your brokerage is probably funds and etf's that are more targeted in growth and tech.

My IRA (rollover 401K) and my brokerage account -- both roughly equal size -- both lost today, but not much, and both about the same. One is ~75% equities and the other is ~55% equities. I'm a simple man -- I check it every couple days just to see what it's doing, but don't get excited one way or the other. These will be the last things we'll have to tap when the time comes. I'm cash flow positive currently (barely) and have a few little chunks of cash stashed that are drawing interest that will come first.

How much of those 61% get enough of their income from the market to care more about that than the cost of living? How many of those you think benefit are actually seething because they are taking from their retirement fund to pay bills in the here and now?

I don't have the answers to those questions, but only ask them to highlight how meaningless the 61% number is.
Don’t know those statistics.

Do they come any more stupid? It's 3 months before an election and we’re touting the stock market? Jeeezuz Christ the stupidity around here...Not only that we’re back to deleting posts. Asshioles!
Yeah sorry you think it’s stupid to brag about gains. Because we all know you’d be on here whining if there were record losses.

So when packing a wheel bearing stop by the Cooler for the good grease? I sure as hell won't cook with it.
I was >< close to using wheel bearing grease.... I honestly didn't think anyone would know what the fack it was. Other than Marc . BUT it was my first thought.

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23

Very fine people… straight from prison to the RNC. Sounds about right. Hope the Dems can get some felons on stage to speak too!

No one to speak of (even here) gets their income from investments (unless retired), and if they're tapping their investment/retirement accounts just to pay bills they otherwise could have paid if not for the inflation spike, then they're doing it all wrong.

Pretty simple. Your 401k is probably in a target retirement date fund that is a mix of stocks, bonds, and cash, spread out between large, small, and mid cap and growth and value.

Your brokerage is probably funds and etf's that are more targeted in growth and tech.
Everything has moved around over the last <12 months so that is why I am not 100% able to speak to it. BUT, you are spot on in my brokerage and it is 90% in EFT's. .....( I just realized) which I explicitly requested NOT to do. ...
As I get caught up on all of the shit that I have been putting off, I'm going to address this with my Broker. Drinking and water cooler makes a guy loose focus... Then he goes bat shit crazy... I'm flapping my wings.

No one to speak of (even here) gets their income from investments (unless retired), and if they're tapping their investment/retirement accounts just to pay bills they otherwise could have paid if not for the inflation spike, then they're doing it all wrong.
Their value at least median for minorities is peanuts.

But if they couldn't have paid them and had to do that, then what?

Reactions: DANC
Everything has moved around over the last <12 months so that is why I am not 100% able to speak to it. BUT, you are spot on in my brokerage and it is 90% in EFT's. .....( I just realized) which I explicitly requested NOT to do. ...
As I get caught up on all of the shit that I have been putting off, I'm going to address this with my Broker. Drinking and water cooler makes a guy loose focus... Then he goes bat shit crazy... I'm flapping my wings.

You likely should be in etf's as they are more tax efficient. Now maybe you don't want as much in equity etf's and want less risk by having bond etf's, but from what little you have said, you likely have mainly equity etf's. And I would guess you have quite a bit in the QQQ's if you were down 2%. But the QQQ's have been fantastic over the past 15 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT