ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully this will end the Alford talk...

Then facts would be presented and you would be wrong. You would laugh at what a scumball they were hiring, and secondly that he had done nothing in 22 years of coaching, even managing a Losing record in year 3 at UCLA, which is almost impossible.
Blah blah blah

Then facts would be presented and you would be wrong. You would laugh at what a scumball they were hiring, and secondly that he had done nothing in 22 years of coaching, even managing a Losing record in year 3 at UCLA, which is almost impossible.
About as impossible as missing tourney at IU

Reactions: Deli owl
If Alford comes and succeeds I hope you guys can maintain your moral high ground and no longer be fans. Sure would be bad if for some reason you jumped back on the bandwagon for your high moral standing

You guys are so damn pathetic, God I hope you all disappear after he is hired. Your little movement will soon be over. Typical self entitled scum, try and smear anyone at any cost to get what you want.

Reactions: Kelly_32
About as impossible as missing tourney at IU

You're equating a losing season, as in below .500 with the same as missing the tournament? Something Bob Knight did. Something Coach Cal did. Something Boeheim did again this year. Roy Williams a few years ago. Pure genius comparison there. :rolleyes:

You guys are so damn pathetic, God I hope you all disappear after he is hired. Your little movement will soon be over. Typical self entitled scum, try and smear anyone at any cost to get what you want.

Don't have to smear him, he's not a good coach. Period.

Never mind the incident from 2002, his record as a coach is ultimately his biggest turnoff. Guy would never be in consideration if he weren't connected to IU the way he is.

Never mind the incident from 2002, his record as a coach is ultimately his biggest turnoff. Guy would never be in consideration if he weren't connected to IU the way he is.
Do you honestly believe that Holtmann has done more than SA. AMiller? Mack?

If Alford comes and succeeds I hope you guys can maintain your moral high ground and no longer be fans. Sure would be bad if for some reason you jumped back on the bandwagon for your high moral standing
I've already made plans to adopt Butler as my team. If IU hires SA it'll further stagnate an already stagnate program. SA's team plays great offense, but their defense is ranked 90th. We just had 9 years of that and I'm tired of it. It's not a winning formula and it gets old.

I've already made plans to adopt Butler as my team. If IU hires SA it'll further stagnate an already stagnate program. SA's team plays great offense, but their defense is ranked 90th. We just had 9 years of that and I'm tired of it. It's not a winning formula and it gets old.
SA has had very good defenses, one year they were number one, other years top 20. This year is an exception. If you don't want SA that's fine, but poor defense isn't a valid reason, and if you'd rather have Holtmann, or Mack, or Miller than his resume isn't your reason either

Do you honestly believe that Holtmann has done more than SA. AMiller? Mack?
Holtmann has only been a head coach since 2010. He was Gardner-Webb for a few years and didn't do great, but since he's been at Butler he's 70-30. But where did I talk about Holtmann in my post?

Holtmann has only been a head coach since 2010. He was Gardner-Webb for a few years and didn't do great, but since he's been at Butler he's 70-30. But where did I talk about Holtmann in my post?
You are talking about switching to Butler, so why wouldn't one assume that you'd want there coach for IU

You're equating anti-rape enablement positions to entitlement? Man, you must love you some Stevie Wonder

SA has had very good defenses, one year they were number one, other years top 20. This year is an exception. If you don't want SA that's fine, but poor defense isn't a valid reason, and if you'd rather have Holtmann, or Mack, or Miller than his resume isn't your reason either
Frankly I'd rather have Marshall or Donovan over anyone else. Why hit doubles when you can swing for the fences?

Frankly I'd rather have Marshall or Donovan over anyone else. Why hit doubles when you can swing for the fences?
Most people feel the same way, even those of us who are defending SA. But if you can't get the home run, SA is as good as any of the other options

You're equating anti-rape enablement positions to entitlement? Man, you must love you some Stevie Wonder

Enablement, my @ss. You're like the energizer bunny, you just keep lying and lying and lying and lying. Go repeat it some more. That'll definitely convince Glass.

He's not getting hired; he's not even a candidate. I doubt I'm not the only one that hopes you'll disappear after he's not hired.

Reactions: hondo314
Enablement, my @ss. You're like the energizer bunny, you just keep lying and lying and lying and lying. Go repeat it some more. That'll definitely convince Glass.

no, he really did let a dude convicted of assault causing injury in a sexual assault back on the team. that can't be refuted. that really happened. your love of Stevie can't undo that. then two years later pierce was convicted of assault with intent to commit sexual assault, among other things. again, that really happened. this isn't fake news. it's public record. Pierce shouldn't have been there for the second assault. he should have been long gone but he wasn't. stevie is why. he had every chance to do the right thing. he even claimed to have done the right thing until he later admitted to doing the wrong thing. again, these are his words and not mine. it's in the public record.

i certainly hope Glass doesn't need convincing.

Oh really. It's funny some on here say he has the same record as Crean and Crean was hired so that shows how much you know about anything.

no, he really did let a dude convicted of assault causing injury in a sexual assault back on the team. that can't be refuted. that really happened. your love of Stevie can't undo that. then two years later pierce was convicted of assault with intent to commit sexual assault, among other things. again, that really happened. this isn't fake news. it's public record. Pierce shouldn't have been there for the second assault. he should have been long gone but he wasn't. stevie is why. he had every chance to do the right thing. he even claimed to have done the right thing until he later admitted to doing the wrong thing. again, these are his words and not mine. it's in the public record.

i certainly hope Glass doesn't need convincing.

Alford isn't responsible for any of that. If we're gonna play this game, you might as well blame Pierce's lawyer and the prosecutor too.

Reactions: jaypay23
He's not getting hired; he's not even a candidate. I doubt I'm not the only one that hopes you'll disappear after he's not hired.
That guy is off his rocker. You're right, there's no way Glass and others will want to deal with the distractions.

I wonder who paid these guys off for all of the bold faced lies about Alford?

"Steve Alford is one of the finest people I know. He will do things right at New Mexico and will energize their program. He is a great national recruiter and will bring an exciting style of basketball to the Lobos. Congratulations to him and his family."
Rick Barnes, Head Coach
University of Texas

"New Mexico is getting a great coach and a tremendous man. He is salt of the earth, a class act and represents everything that is good about collegiate athletics. This is a gold-medal hire."
Tubby Smith, Head Coach
University of Minnesota

"New Mexico made a great hire in Steve Alford. He will bring instant credibility to the Lobo basketball program. His track record of success as both a player and coach speaks for itself. I have great respect for coach Alford as a person and when the team, university and the fans meet him, they will too. He is one of the stars in the collegiate coaching ranks."
Steve Lavin, ABC/ESPN College Basketball Analyst

"I look forward to Steve Alford joining the University of New Mexico and the Mountain West Conference for a number of reasons. He has a proven and valuable track record in the NCAA men's basketball tournament both as a player and as a coach. In addition, he has been above reproach in successfully guiding other high-quality basketball programs and does it with honorable student-athletes."
Craig Thompson, Commissioner
Mountain West Conference

"The University of New Mexico just created its first upset before ever playing a game. What a great hire for the Lobos--this guy can really coach. The university, the state, the team and the fans just got someone special. Steve Alford is the best human being I've ever been around."
John Calipari, Head Coach
University of Memphis

Alford isn't responsible for any of that. If we're gonna play this game, you might as well blame Pierce's lawyer and the prosecutor too.

it wasn't his call to let pierce stay on the team? the accused are entitled to legal representation in 'merica. so there's that. it can be awkward but it's the law.

did the prosecutor let him stay on team? that doesn't make any sense.

help us out here. is there another coach in ncaa history that let someone convicted of sexual assault back on their team? why would IU hire such a coach? why? because he he was a hella shooter 30 years ago? sounds like a bad move to me but then again i took down my Stevie posters a long time ago.

I wonder who paid these guys off for all of the bold faced lies about Alford?

"Steve Alford is one of the finest people I know. He will do things right at New Mexico and will energize their program. He is a great national recruiter and will bring an exciting style of basketball to the Lobos. Congratulations to him and his family."
Rick Barnes, Head Coach
University of Texas

"New Mexico is getting a great coach and a tremendous man. He is salt of the earth, a class act and represents everything that is good about collegiate athletics. This is a gold-medal hire."
Tubby Smith, Head Coach
University of Minnesota

"New Mexico made a great hire in Steve Alford. He will bring instant credibility to the Lobo basketball program. His track record of success as both a player and coach speaks for itself. I have great respect for coach Alford as a person and when the team, university and the fans meet him, they will too. He is one of the stars in the collegiate coaching ranks."
Steve Lavin, ABC/ESPN College Basketball Analyst

"I look forward to Steve Alford joining the University of New Mexico and the Mountain West Conference for a number of reasons. He has a proven and valuable track record in the NCAA men's basketball tournament both as a player and as a coach. In addition, he has been above reproach in successfully guiding other high-quality basketball programs and does it with honorable student-athletes."
Craig Thompson, Commissioner
Mountain West Conference

"The University of New Mexico just created its first upset before ever playing a game. What a great hire for the Lobos--this guy can really coach. The university, the state, the team and the fans just got someone special. Steve Alford is the best human being I've ever been around."
John Calipari, Head Coach
University of Memphis

enabling a rapist doesn't mean other people can't like you. pater, you're smarter than this.

it wasn't his call to let pierce stay on the team? the accused are entitled to legal representation in 'merica. so there's that. it can be awkward but it's the law.

help us out here. is there another coach in ncaa history that let someone convicted of sexual assault back on their team? why would IU hire such a coach? why? because he he was a hella shooter 30 years ago? sounds like a bad move to me but then again i took down my Stevie posters a long time ago.

Why would Iowa, the place that had all of the information on the entire episode, give such a coach 2 contract extensions? I guess they like hella shooters in candystripes even more than I do:)

Uh-huh, so now you're suddenly playing dumb. Did you ever think that maybe the fact that he was a free man was a much more significant factor than being on the basketball team when he became a repeat offender? I realize it's much more fun for you to slander SA, but let's be honest here.

Why would Iowa, the place that had all of the information on the entire episode, give such a coach 2 contract extensions? I guess they like hella shooters in candystripes even more than I do:)

So IU should do stuff because Iowa, New Mexico, and UCLA do stuff?

that doesn't make much sense

Uh-huh, so now you're suddenly playing dumb. Did you ever think that maybe the fact that he was a free man was a much more significant factor than being on the basketball team when he became a repeat offender? I realize it's much more fun for you to slander SA, but let's be honest here.

so being a free man is the only prerequisite for playing for Alford? dumb

ya, he let a kid convicted of sexual assault back on the team and a short time later the kid did it again. not sure what they call that where you are from.
Again, I don't think that word means what you think it means

Him allowing him to play again didn't help him, or "enable" him to rape another girl.

so being a free man is the only prerequisite for playing for Alford? dumb

The fact that he was on the team has NOTHING, N-O-T-H-I-N-G, to do with him getting in trouble again. Maybe Alford shouldn't have believed him and trusted him, we don't know what he was told, but he didn't enable rape. That's hysterical, slanderous, BS.

Again, I don't think that word means what you think it means

Him allowing him to play again didn't help him, or "enable" him to rape another girl.

well, he kept him on the team, kept him on scholarship. i don't think i don't think that word means what you think it means means what you think it means. lol

Reactions: Squarepants
The fact that he was on the team has NOTHING, N-O-T-H-I-N-G, to do with him getting in trouble again. Maybe Alford shouldn't have believed him and trusted him, we don't know what he was told, but he didn't enable rape. That's hysterical, slanderous, BS.

he let him get away with it. there were no consequences administered by alford. none. alford did nothing. well, nothing other than stick up for pierce before he had the facts and then likely asked his pastor to ask the victim to pray with her attacker. likely hoping it would all go away. and then, because there were no consequences, he did it again. not saying the legal system didn't fail victim one and, in essence, fail victim two but that certainly doesn't mean Alford's hands were clean.

you guys are too much.

Reactions: hoosier2112
enabling a rapist doesn't mean other people can't like you. pater, you're smarter than this.

It's one thing to like somebody, but it's a total other thing to call a rapist enabler the best human being you've ever known. I'm thinking there is hyperbole at play in these comments, but why are they being so over-the-top in their praise of Alford?

I think there a lot of people other than myself that do not buy the story that came out of Iowa City. I ain't mad at anyone who wants to take it at face value, but too much of it doesn't make any sense for me to think that we have received an accurate telling.

I respect your opinion on this issue as well as TMP's and a host of others, but it's disrespectful to me when people suppose that I draw my conclusions based on Alford's sweet jumper or I don't care about rape.

I actually have life experiences that tell me when to doubt a story and when to buy a story. This one fails the muster test for me, particularly in the absence of any other missteps since. If Alford was as evil as the narrative implies, I think he would be showing his true colors on a somewhat regular basis.

So IU should do stuff because Iowa, New Mexico, and UCLA do stuff?

that doesn't make much sense

That's not my point. My point is that the brass at Iowa know more than the public at large about what transpired. They know that the public perception is faulty, because if it were not faulty there is no way that they keep him employed let alone extend his contract twice.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT