ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully this will end the Alford talk...

So what do you know about the case big guy? Why was he not fired and moved on to better jobs after this?

I know pierce was convicted twice for sex crimes. I also know not all schools care what a coach did before. Isn't Sampson coaching again, lil guy?

And I ain't so big. Just tall. That's just about all. Lol

I know pierce was convicted twice for sex crimes. I also know not all schools care what a coach did before. Isn't Sampson coaching again, lil guy?

Every time you say Alford "enabled a rapist", you demonstrate you know nothing about the Pierce matter or Alford's role in it.

Every time you say Alford "enabled a rapist", you demonstrate you know nothing about the Pierce matter or Alford's role in it.

Okay, Matlock, break it down for us. While you're at it, name another coach who let a player convicted of a sex crime back on the team. I'll hang up and listen.

Alford is a notoriously egotistical asshole and a mediocre coach. He would be the hire that would completely fracture the fan base.

Glass won't panic enough to hire that d-bag.

Reactions: RBB89
Okay, Matlock, break it down for us. While you're at it, name another coach who let a player convicted of a sex crime back on the team. I'll hang up and listen.

Oh, I agree, no coach should've allowed him to remain on the team. No athletic director should have permitted it, either. And no student body judicial system should've allowed him to remain as a student at Iowa. And I'm not sure how the prosecutors in Iowa City decided it was appropriate to offer a plea arrangement that allowed him to plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

If you were able to put aside your emotions and instead engage your brain, you might see that several people failed in all of this, not the least of which was Pierre Pierce. But through all of that, only someone of highly questionable intelligence would conclude that Alford "enabled a rapist".

Oh, I agree, no coach should've allowed him to remain on the team. No athletic director should have permitted it, either. And no student body judicial system should've allowed him to remain as a student at Iowa. And I'm not sure how the prosecutors in Iowa City decided it was appropriate to offer a plea arrangement that allowed him to plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

If you were able to put aside your emotions and instead engage your brain, you might see that several people failed in all of this, not the least of which was Pierre Pierce. But through all of that, only someone of highly questionable intelligence would conclude that Alford "enabled a rapist".

Blah blah blah

He won't be at IU next year. You're just wasting your mom's electricity.

I wonder who paid these guys off for all of the bold faced lies about Alford?

"Steve Alford is one of the finest people I know. He will do things right at New Mexico and will energize their program. He is a great national recruiter and will bring an exciting style of basketball to the Lobos. Congratulations to him and his family."
Rick Barnes, Head Coach
University of Texas

"New Mexico is getting a great coach and a tremendous man. He is salt of the earth, a class act and represents everything that is good about collegiate athletics. This is a gold-medal hire."
Tubby Smith, Head Coach
University of Minnesota

"New Mexico made a great hire in Steve Alford. He will bring instant credibility to the Lobo basketball program. His track record of success as both a player and coach speaks for itself. I have great respect for coach Alford as a person and when the team, university and the fans meet him, they will too. He is one of the stars in the collegiate coaching ranks."
Steve Lavin, ABC/ESPN College Basketball Analyst

"I look forward to Steve Alford joining the University of New Mexico and the Mountain West Conference for a number of reasons. He has a proven and valuable track record in the NCAA men's basketball tournament both as a player and as a coach. In addition, he has been above reproach in successfully guiding other high-quality basketball programs and does it with honorable student-athletes."
Craig Thompson, Commissioner
Mountain West Conference

"The University of New Mexico just created its first upset before ever playing a game. What a great hire for the Lobos--this guy can really coach. The university, the state, the team and the fans just got someone special. Steve Alford is the best human being I've ever been around."
John Calipari, Head Coach
University of Memphis

Are you serious? These are typical media guide type quotes. You can find this about Tom Crean and every other head basketball coach. If you look hard enough, I'm sure you can find stuff like this about Jerry Sandusky and some of the worst people to ever walk the face of the earth. This is nonsense. Media guide 101 garbage.

So what you are saying is that you know nothing of Alford's true involvement in the case? Please correct me if I read the wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT