ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully IU gets Duke or UNC in BIG/ACC Challenge

We all knew except for a few Deborah Karen’s
Honestly, I didn't. I expected us to get a good matchup, but I thought probably Louisville as I think that would have been good for ratings too with the regional rivalry. But, I'm thrilled I'm wrong! Being in NC, any chance to get a W vs the Baby Blue is appreciated and we've fared well against them historically. Hope we're both undefeated coming in! Will we have played both Kansas and Zona by this time?

Honestly, I didn't. I expected us to get a good matchup, but I thought probably Louisville as I think that would have been good for ratings too with the regional rivalry. But, I'm thrilled I'm wrong! Being in NC, any chance to get a W vs the Baby Blue is appreciated and we've fared well against them historically. Hope we're both undefeated coming in! Will we have played both Kansas and Zona by this time?
I saw it a mile away. Louisville will be down. Not in the conversation in the ACC upper half. Both UNC and Indiana are the favorites in each conference.

Reactions: ericrossiu
Always comes back to money, and anytime they have legitimate reason to pair IU with 1. Duke and 2. UNC , bank on it happening. Like clockwork. Will be the highest rating of any challenge game by a wide margin.

The fact IU has played Duke twice recently makes it UNC. Also easier to tell UNC they are going to Bloomington vs telling Duke. (my own conspiracy theory)

Doubtful. Obviously, they are looking first for the best matchups for ratings, but they do also try and balance it against where you finished in conference and they were 1 and 2 in the ACC while we were what, 7-9th in the B10. We'll probably still get a good name, but I don't think we'll get one of those 2.
Not doubtful anymore buddy. Looks like we might get the number one North Carolina Tar Heels.

Reactions: 76-1
No. KU and AZ are after in December.

Also easier to tell UNC they are going to Bloomington vs telling Duke. (my own conspiracy theory)
This will be the fourth consecutive time UNC has been sent to Bloomington. 2004, 2012, 2016, and now 2022. So your conspiracy might have legs.

IU's only trip to Chapel Hill in the Challenge was in 2001 when Matt Doherty was in the midst of the worst season in school history.

I'm trying to console myself with the fact that 2 of the 3 times UNC has been sent to Bloomington, they won the national championship at the end of the season. Hopefully we make it 3 of 4 this year. But the schedule makers need to start sending IU to Chapel Hill the next few years.

This will be the fourth consecutive time UNC has been sent to Bloomington. 2004, 2012, 2016, and now 2022. So your conspiracy might have legs.

IU's only trip to Chapel Hill in the Challenge was in 2001 when Matt Doherty was in the midst of the worst season in school history.

I'm trying to console myself with the fact that 2 of the 3 times UNC has been sent to Bloomington, they won the national championship at the end of the season. Hopefully we make it 3 of 4 this year. But the schedule makers need to start sending IU to Chapel Hill the next few years.
Yep, poor ol' Tar Heels! Always so mistreated by the networks and NCAA. Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh, and I was at that game in 2001! I know it just galls you guys that we have such a great winning percentage against you. I bet it's the best of any team that has played you more than 4-5 times. Frankly, as bad as we've been, it shocks me, but at least something I can hang my Hoosiers hat on while living in NC!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

Worst attempt to obtain sympathy I’ve ever seen. Not bad from a program that went unpunished from one of the biggest academic scandals in the history of D 1 sports.

Worst attempt to obtain sympathy I’ve ever seen. Not bad from a program that went unpunished from one of the biggest academic scandals in the history of D 1 sports.
To be fair, I took a class with the basketball team that was show up and you get an A. Still had to show up, but a lot of programs have joke/fake classes for the bball and football team.

The term student athletes has been and is, a complete joke.

Still had to show up
that alone is more than their student-athletes were doing in their "independent studies" program, and that was before they were getting favorable grades from what amounted to the groupie who ran the program!

Last edited:
that alone is more than their student-athletes were doing in their "independent studies" program, and that was before they were getting favorable grades from what amounted to the groupie who ran the program!
I’m just saying, IU is probably one of the better places about this. I mean being a Hoosier means graduating!!! Isn’t that thhe line we used for 30 years when Knight was shooting people on hunting trips and strangling people? I kid, kinda. Lol.

I’m just saying, IU is probably one of the better places about this. I mean being a Hoosier means graduating!!! Isn’t that thhe line we used for 30 years when Knight was shooting people on hunting trips and strangling people? I kid, kinda. Lol.
well, I think the loophole that got UNC out of trouble was that the class was available to non-athletes (although I doubt the favorable grading and treatment was!), so the same would apply to the class you took.

Every program has easy courses and some perks available to assist student athletes. The hard part with UNC is the smugness they have always had (and continue to) when they were cheating and then fought it like a dog. The most holier-than-thou fanbase I've ever encountered and they used to like to talk about "the Carolina Way". Haven't heard that term nearly as much since, and I guess this incident changed the meaning of that term for everyone!

Last edited:
To be fair, I took a class with the basketball team that was show up and you get an A. Still had to show up, but a lot of programs have joke/fake classes for the bball and football team.

The term student athletes has been and is, a complete joke.
just let me hate UNC with all my passion and don't spoil my parade!!

Reactions: kkott
Yep, poor ol' Tar Heels! Always so mistreated by the networks and NCAA. Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh, and I was at that game in 2001! I know it just galls you guys that we have such a great winning percentage against you. I bet it's the best of any team that has played you more than 4-5 times. Frankly, as bad as we've been, it shocks me, but at least something I can hang my Hoosiers hat on while living in NC!
Hit me up when your program grows some balls and actually comes to Chapel Hill.

21 years and counting the Hoosiers have been afraid to play @ UNC.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy

You ever think maybe it’s not IUs choice? They don’t pick who plays who in the challenge. Sounds like you need to write a letter to the committee. Be sure to include crocodile tears.

Umm, we're not UNC, we don't get input into where we play in the B10/ACC challenge. For a program that has so much, no one does more cryin' than Heels. Sam Cassell nailed it all those years ago: whine and cheese crowd!

What an ignorant ****ing take.

IU didn't make this call. IU has never run from playing anyone anywhere...hell. even tom crean would make the HnH.

Make no mistake, I personally prefer they play in THE Assembly Hall just so i can be there for a big time national matchup.

The last game was fun with Jim Cornelison ripping the roof off with the NA and Kyle Schwarber honored.

Are you that f—- ing stupid? Take your worthless baby blue bull$h!t and have gay passionate sex with a Blue Devil or something

Assembly Hall will be Wild and loud. National TV wants the IU crowd, not the "whine and cheese" crowd.

Assembly Hall will be Wild and loud. National TV wants the IU crowd, not the "whine and cheese" crowd.
amen... have never been to the Dean Dome... but Cameron is very overrated. Other than the very small student section.. the rest of the crowd is pretty dead

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT