ADVERTISEMENT

Hezbollah Pagers Exploding?

Agreed, although I'm not sure I would characterize this as a terrorist bombing. From the videos it would appear that injuries to bystanders was likely not critical in most instances. (There are reports of the death of an 8 year old girl.) Also, it would seem that Israel took significant efforts to come up with a way to specifically target only Hezbollah members and minimize collateral injuries. That is really the antithesis of a terrorist attack.
I read a ten year old girl died because she was sitting next to her father's pager when it went off.

If true, this is wild.

I recall a long time ago a story about a PLO official answering his phone and having his phone blow his head off. A couple of months ago, a Hamas official was blown up in a bedroom in Iran from a bomb planted months earlier. And now, today, there are reports that pagers carried by Hezbollah officials are blowing up in their hands in Lebanon.

James Bond is jealous.

That should teach them about buying pagers at Big Lots.
If true, this is wild.

I recall a long time ago a story about a PLO official answering his phone and having his phone blow his head off. A couple of months ago, a Hamas official was blown up in a bedroom in Iran from a bomb planted months earlier. And now, today, there are reports that pagers carried by Hezbollah officials are blowing up in their hands in Lebanon.

James Bond is jealous.

Thinking about the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand which helped trigger WWl and wonder about the role of attempted assassinations of presidential candidates, drone killings, exploding pagers etc. might be contributing to humanity having a large earth ending conflict.

Having been a pre teen during the start of the Cold War with both sides having the nukes to destroy the world several times over, I thought the end of the Cold War would result in
my dream of world peace actually happening.

My dream is beginning to look impossible in my lifetime with my great grandchildren never even sharing the dream which I once had.

Last edited:
That should teach them about buying pagers at Big Lots.

Thinking about the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand which helped trigger WWl and wonder about the role of attempted assassinations of presidential candidates, drone killings, exploding pagers etc. might be contributing to humanity having a large earth ending conflict.

Having been a pre teen during the start of the Cold War with both sides having the nukes to destroy the world several times over, I thought the end of the Cold War would result in
my dream of world peace actually happening.

My dream is beginning to look impossible in my lifetime with my great grandchildren never even sharing the dream which I once had.
Humans don’t do world peace.

Reactions: 76-1
I'm not defending Israel from a moral standpoint here. This is so novel, it will take quite some time to figure out if it was a war crime, or another type of crime, or maybe perfectly acceptable. But purely from an operational standpoint, you have to give Mossad credit. They are waging this war at a whole different level than their opponents.

I'm not defending Israel from a moral standpoint here. This is so novel, it will take quite some time to figure out if it was a war crime, or another type of crime, or maybe perfectly acceptable. But purely from an operational standpoint, you have to give Mossad credit. They are waging this war at a whole different level than their opponents.
And to think this all started with guys flying hang gliders with big fans into Israel

61KSLY79upL._SLDPMOBCAROUSELAUTOCROP288221_MCnd_AC_SR462,693_.jpg

And to think this all started with guys flying hang gliders with big fans into Israel
And murdering hostages, which caused a body count that made Hamas lovers angry.

I remember when Japan killed 2,403 at Pearl Harbor and the whole world made the US stop the Pacific War after we killed 2,404 back. A real “We Are The World” moment.

If i understand this correctly, Hezbollah started using these pagers because the Mossad used a cell phone to pinpoint the location of a top Hezbollah official they assassinated.

So they switched to these pagers, which the Mossad loaded with explosives.

Thats diabolical. That’s like 12D chess.

Last edited:
If i understand this correctly, Hezbollah start using these pagers because the Mossad used a cell phone to pinpoint the location of a top Hezbollah official they assassinated.

If I find video evidence of a shoe phone, I'm gonna lose my shit.

If i understand this correctly, Hezbollah start using these pagers because the Mossad used a cell phone to pinpoint the location of a top Hezbollah official they assassinated.

It's a high level of professional competence. The adversary puts up a roadblock, and you figure out a way around it.

Pagers only receive data. You might be able to triangulate with cell towers down to +/- 50 feet. Cell phones have GPS that you can locate down to a couple of feet. Much less chance of collateral damage if calling in an airstrike.
According to Dinesh D'Souza and half this forum, cell towers can locate you with the same granularity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT