ADVERTISEMENT

Hey hoos

I was wondering the same thing.
Thanks for wondering, fellas! Somehow me and the people of Santa Monica were able to weather the inch and a quarter of rain and the 15MPH winds. We kept waiting for the bad stuff to hit, but it mostly went pretty far east of us. I think even Las Vegas may have been hit harder than the main parts of L.A.

Some desert and mountain areas got as much as six inches of rain, so there were mudslides and flash flooding in those areas. I'm sure there were some people who faced some serious damage, but generally the winds had really died down so it doesn't compare to the tragedy in Hawaii in any way, shape or form. The authorities and the media probably went a little overboard on the warnings and I suspect it probably stems from the tragedy in Hawaii. Still, better to be a little too cautious in a potential natural disaster than have regrets later.

Last edited:
Thank for wondering, fellas! Somehow me and the people of Santa Monica were able to weather the inch and a quarter of rain and the 15MPH winds. We kept waiting for the bad stuff to hit, but it mostly went pretty far east of us. I think even Las Vegas may have been hit harder than the main parts of L.A.

Some desert and mountain areas got as much as six inches of rain, so there were mudslides and flash flooding in those areas. I'm sure there were some people who faced some serious damage, but generally the winds had really died down so it doesn't compare to the tragedy in Hawaii by in any way, shape or form. The authorities and the media probably went a little overboard on the warnings and I suspect it probably stems from the tragedy in Hawaii. Still, better to be a little too cautious in a potential natural disaster than have regrets later.

tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: hoosboot
Thanks for wondering, fellas! Somehow me and the people of Santa Monica were able to weather the inch and a quarter of rain and the 15MPH winds. We kept waiting for the bad stuff to hit, but it mostly went pretty far east of us. I think even Las Vegas may have been hit harder than the main parts of L.A.

Some desert and mountain areas got as much as six inches of rain, so there were mudslides and flash flooding in those areas. I'm sure there were some people who faced some serious damage, but generally the winds had really died down so it doesn't compare to the tragedy in Hawaii in any way, shape or form. The authorities and the media probably went a little overboard on the warnings and I suspect it probably stems from the tragedy in Hawaii. Still, better to be a little too cautious in a potential natural disaster than have regrets later.

That's good that you didn't have any problems but like you said it was tragedy what happened in Hawaii. If feel so sorry for those people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT