ADVERTISEMENT

help me !

SconniePanther

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
My passion for Iu hoops is in jeopardy. This coach and administration have broken me... too hard to sustain interest in hoops any longer.
I never missed so many games and I find I don't care if I do.
Anyone else going through this? Is it temporary?

I haven't watched a whole IU game from start to finish since the second

Game of the season. And I really haven't watch any college Bball at all. I simply can't stand watching Crean coach. His thought process, strategy and tactics are just baffling and very frustrating. I simply get tired of getting mad so I don't watch long or at all. We really aren't that great and virtually have no shot at winning more than one game in the tournament. Yet our dumbed-down stupid fan base wants to give him more time. Ugh.

Tough to watch a team w no chance

We can't compete w the big guys. Elite college teams that compete for titles are no even in our league.

First year ever I have turned off more than one game prior to it ending. Turned off the PUke game at half time after IU let Bryson Scott dribble the length of the court and score with four seconds remaining.

Similarly, I turned off the UW game with about 13 minutes left after Zeisloft made that bad pass and let the UW player get "an and one" on him, hitting the layup while being fouled.

Never, ever in my life have I turned off two games in a season. Even in 2008.

Sidebar: Am I the only one who can't stand watching that bank commercial with Crean in it? Clearly, it's supposed to be humorous but I don't find Crean funny in the way they intend a viewer to do so.

McHoop

Do you have tickets to sell?

Are you a fan that goes to the games or just watching on TV? If it is the latter, do whatever you want. Nobody will notice.

If you have tickets, let me know, I can find someone that supports the team and not the coach. Just don't sell or give your tickets to fans from the opposition. I hate when people do that.

Sorry to lose you. We'll see you when you jump back on the wagon.

I'm almost there....

.....I still watch every game at this points....but it's getting more difficult to be interested. And I would have never planned anything around gametime in the past but for the Wisconsin game my wife and I completed our tax returns instead.....caught the first 10 mins of the second half....the sh!tty part. Then turned the channel. It's really hard to watch the product of play Tommy TuTone puts out on the floor. I don't feel like its even building toward a fundamentally experienced team in a few years.....especially because of the roster turnover. In the past, you could put up with the struggles of a few years knowing when players were juniors or seniors, that team was gonna make a legitimate FF run...not with Tommy.....we're ALWAYS young....we'll ALWAYS be young.....and as fans we're ALWAYS going to see the same YOUNG mistakes a YOUNG ball team ALWAYS makes year in and year out.

I really don't think I'll watch much at all if he's here next year......and next year better be his last year or I'm officially hanging up my candy striped warmups.

Yep....

I hate that commercial

He is "nails on a chalkboard" to my senses.

Yep...same with me

Turned off PU game with 17 mins to go in second half and watched about 5 minutes of Wisky game. It's frustrating because IU is in my blood and it's almost getting to the point where I care to much to keep watching.

I have season tickets and it's just not the same going to games. I used to get so fired up to go. Now, not so much because I know there is a ceiling for this team and we aren't going to do chit come tournament time. And the future does not look bright because CTC will continue waffling in his ineptness and stupidity.

Sigh....

.....dude we've heard it.

Not a true fan....blah blah blah....give me your tickets.....find another team....blah blah blah

Does mediocrity inspire you? Not me....not alot of people on here.

We want more.

do you have Ds

To bag? Glad you care about the greater good of IU tickets!

When did people you work with stop talking to you?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

No, I'm not

I've supported teams that haven't won for a lot of my life. Have always despised fan bases with bandwagon fans. For a long time I thought IU had some of the best fans in the country. I got over that notion at least 10 years ago.

Went through this last summer

Just sit back, close your eyes, and go to your happy place... Well if your happy place is AH, go somewhere else
tumblr_ma0h18N3U81rezmvho2_500.gif

Seriously though... I'm just going through the motions. I go to the games, but I don't really enjoy them. I kind of loath having to drive down there now. At this point I'm just waiting for Crean's antics to bite him in the ass. I never want IU to lose, but it doesn't really upset me when they do. If you do go to the games, you can feel it in the crowd. Never in my 10+ years as a ticket holder have I seen a crowd like this.

And before anyone says "I'll take your tickets"... they're on the exchange forum.

Patience

You've got to be patient. We all know where this train is headed. We all know what to do when rape is inevitable, especially if we're a duck.

And believe me when I say that as long as Clappy McGee is our coach, IU fans are female ducks during mating season....

Never been a bandwagon fan.....

....never wil be.....I just want more for my team.

Welcome....

I'm with you. I've watched 3 games start to finish. Parts of some others and missed a bunch entirely. And I don't care either.

Hopefully it's temporary. We'll see.

The answer..

is this....in the anticipated 'close' games..make a small wager on the opponent..then if IU wins you're happy ..and if the opponent wins you got a little cash in your pocket...of course the problem arises like the Wisky game where they are 16 point dogs....I can't bet Wisky and be happy with a 14 point shellacking.. oh for the good ole days when life was less complicated..

I find it funny because...

Crean legitimately looks pissed during it. Cracks me up. But that definitely wasn't the intention of the writer.

I think it has been that way for a lot of fans since the Syracuse

game. Hopefully change will come soon. Hearing lots of talk about it in the last week or so.

IMHO, we've seen the best he's got to offer....

At his best he's just ok. That's not good enough and it's frustrating. And nearly every time you watch them play and/or listen to the man speak you are reminded that it's not going to change.

I love IU....

which is why I don't like Tom Crean as the basketball coach.

Fred Glass' little interview last week didn't make me feel....

warm and fuzzy that a change is coming soon. Hope I'm wrong and you are right, although 'hearing lots of talk' doesn't really mean much to me at this point.

Yes. Absolutely.

When I knew we had seen Victor & Cody (and CWat and Jordy) play their last games for IU and the best we had to show for it was being uncompetitive in a Sweet 16 game, well, I knew it would never get any better.

Follow up thought..... when you're troubled and feel apathy creeping in...

Just listen to this song......... In fact, I anticipate it replacing U2 music thats piped in during pre-game activities.

McHoop

Endorsed by CTC

I don't trust people that: 1) like U2 and 2) won't have a beer

big red flags

I've always thought the bandwagon argument was dumb.

Are you the one that rants about Colts fans and how the fanbase didn't grow until Peyton got here?

What the hell did you expect? The Colts SUCKED until Manning got here. You have to have some form of success before a fanbase grows. That's why IU football has such terrible attendance. You expect droves and droves of people to follow a sh*tty product? If IU football in some dreamworld starts going to Rose Bowls and competing for Big Ten titles, they'll have to open the flood-gates for IU football fans, and there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. That would be the norm.

The worst fans for any team are the, 'I support the coach and team....

no matter what'.

They destroy teams that don't have the right coach or players.

If your coach or players are bad, then say so. Supporting a bad product just makes the team bad for a longer period of time.

It';s the worst thing you can do for a team.

I understand your point, but my support doesn't matter either way

To me, our program isn't where it should or could be right now....it was two years ago, so there's at least the potential for it to get back to that, although I'm not optimistic.

We're not talking about a program that's facing the issues UNC, Syracuse or others are or have faced. Those types of problems would be reason for hellfire and brimstone levels of being upset, to me.

But either way....my pair of season tickets and donation level don't matter and won't ever matter. Let alone the guy who doesn't even have season tickets or donate but who just doesn't watch on TV any more or doesn't watch the whole game or plan their lives around IU Basketball.

Look, I can still gain enjoyment from games even if the product or result isn't what I hope for. I get to spend time with my kid or my wife. I enjoy the students and their excitement, even last year when we were much worse than this year, there were great home games and the Hall was rocking and fun on multiple occasions. I enjoy the pep band...Martha on the video board....the pre-game video, seeing moms or dads taking their kids to their first game and passing down their passion for IU Basketball. I enjoy all of that.

Did I hate blowing a lead to Penn State in the final 3 minutes last year? Yeah, I was gutted. But it still beat sitting at home watching CSI or some college game I didn't have any connection to as a fan.

I love IU Basketball......but it's still just a freaking game.

Correct answer

I care to much about IU bball to see it continue down this path.

I quit giving in to the "we suck" crowd .. Rant on!

You are stupid to think I want mediocrity. Your "Sigh" is another example of repeating what the popular crowd wants you to post. I have never given in to what others want me to believe or say.

I want to be at the top of the B1G every year. Crean wasn't the best coach we could have hired and wasn't the one I wanted. The fact is, better coaches might have turned us down. However we got him, he is here and we have a season to finish. I will withhold criticism of the program until then. People get so up after we win a couple of games, and start whining when we lose to a ranked team on the road.

I think it is pathetic that people think they are doing the program a big favor by constantly dogging this team, not giving money, not attending games, or whatever sign of protest they think will make a difference. I haven't been happy with the team's performance in several games this year. I left early from a game for the first time ever. I am concerned about the way we play defense, our roster balance, and decisions on the sidelines. Those responsible will be held accountable at the right time. Constant posts about " I don't care anymore", "I'm too cool to watch anymore" are just as annoying to people like me, as I am to the crowd of people that think that just firing the coach will guarantee a brighter future. I am just not giving into the crap anymore. We are likely to get the same level of coach next time and I will hear this all again in 3 or 4 years.

I would like to know how many of the biggest complainers have attended a game this year, or last year? I will continue to support our team with booster contributions and attendance at as many games as possible.

It is a competitive world. Nobody gets anything easy. Our coaches haven't been doing a great job, our players haven't always played with the fire we expect, but fans like me will still show up to every game and expect them to fix the problems. I can and will support Indiana, forever.

Those of you that are wavering might need to move along. You are welcomed to come back. Some have decided they have better things to do, yet feel the need to come tell us about it. Purdue has had a good week, join up with them if IU doesn't mean anything to you. I didn't become an IU fan because they were a good program. I became a fan because it is my school, in my state, and connected to me through several past players that earned my respect.

I would rather lose with a bunch of good students and citizens that love the school as I do, than win with a bunch of hired hands that will leave the school with no future involvement. It is the same with the fans. If you have lost interest and don't watch, why come hear to complain about the team. Move on, we won't miss you at all.!

Rant off!

This post was edited on 2/6 11:50 AM by iubud

Thanks daddy....

....can I get up from timeout now?

blah blah blah......you're a better fan....blah blah blah

old argument.....tired of hearing it.

As long as Crean is our coach IU will be stagnant.

I'm ready to be elite again.
This post was edited on 2/6 11:55 AM by IUecho87

Sadly....

Watching CSI or a well coached BB team has surpassed watching IU.

I get that you enjoy games with family and fiends, I have literally attended well over 100 IU FB games and rarely was if for the great product.

IU BB hold a special place in my sports world and watching it done poorly bothers me. Of course it's just a game, but Peegs is a plce where people come to discuss the game. Don't go with the ridiculous argument about 'getting a life'.

Peegs is a place for discussing these things, that's where I go to do so.

I used to get up at 3 am to watch games, now I only watch when it's easy. I have attended 100s of IU BB games and some of my favorite memories are related to it. I can't support shitty BB, there's no reason too. IU has everything it needs to be a top team except for the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT