ADVERTISEMENT

Healthiest diet for a thinner you in 2024

I’m gonna go for it. Sneak peak of my physique on Sept 2024:

chicago-cubs.gif

I have a Bowflex 5. Started on it 4 days ago. I thought I was in decent shape. I am not.
I would say I work out a lot for a 50 year old. Lift heavy free weights. Play competitive soccer. Always take the stairs. Walk. Have young kids. All of that combined is about 10 percent with diet 90 percent. Six Oreos could ruin an iron man. Diet is everything and that sucks.

Best thing to do is intermittent fasting. Even 16/8 works

On our way back from Mehico and I’ve managed to demolish nothing but carbs for the last week thanks to the kids. I feel and look like shit, which is nothing new, but it feels worse now.

It would be hard to eat enough eggs for it to be unhealthy. The cholesterol idea is a red herring.

I just made the weekly trip to Merkley’s. Let’s see….German Bologna, Ham Steaks, Pork Chops, Sharp Cheddar Cheese…..I’m sure I’ve forgotten a couple things.

The diet continues

Rowing, learn it. Learn to love it (you can't). Gotta keep an aerobic base. Try to get over 200k meters a month. Vary it.

2ks under 8min, rest, repeat for 10k total
30 min, try for 7500 meters
10k steady state on the weekends
500m/1min rest for 7500 meters. Keep the 500m under 1:50 or 2min if you can

I need to do more of something else though. I don't wanna put any weight on my back anymore. So, I might pick up a couple kettle bells and give that a go.

Rowing, learn it. Learn to love it (you can't). Gotta keep an aerobic base. Try to get over 200k meters a month. Vary it.

2ks under 8min, rest, repeat for 10k total
30 min, try for 7500 meters
10k steady state on the weekends
500m/1min rest for 7500 meters. Keep the 500m under 1:50 or 2min if you can

I need to do more of something else though. I don't wanna put any weight on my back anymore. So, I might pick up a couple kettle bells and give that a go.

Good stuff. Rowing is great.

The least fun 30 minutes of exercise you can have is HIIT but the post wo high is euphoric.

Rhonda Patrick is my dementia sherpa:

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT