ADVERTISEMENT

haven't seen Rutgers play really can't stand Rutgers.

but based on their record. this may be one of the few gettable road games. we will see who shows up.
Yeah, we should win, bottom line. But road game and you know they are going to defend, rebound and play hard. If we don't come out focused, I think we'll get beat. Rebounding will tell the tale, imo. If they come out and dominate us on the offensive glass like OSU did, we'll lose. This should have been a point of focus in practice. Heck, I think RMK would've had a practice after the game Saturday if we got outrebounded on defense. Probably know in the first 10 minutes.

CMW would have to order them not to foul in the first half in hopes they can get through the second half with most of their key players.

Yeah, we should win, bottom line. But road game and you know they are going to defend, rebound and play hard. If we don't come out focused, I think we'll get beat. Rebounding will tell the tale, imo. If they come out and dominate us on the offensive glass like OSU did, we'll lose. This should have been a point of focus in practice. Heck, I think RMK would've had a practice after the game Saturday if we got outrebounded on defense. Probably know in the first 10 minutes.
Agreed...and Rutgers always seems to play hard and play well against us at the "RAC"

(Which I seemed to notice last year the announcers tried not to call it.)

Agreed...and Rutgers always seems to play hard and play well against us at the "RAC"

(Which I seemed to notice last year the announcers tried not to call it.)

It is now Jersey Mike's Arena or something like that. And I fully expect one of Rutger's best games of the year, they always get up for IU and have a physical front line that will likely bother Ware

but based on their record. this may be one of the few gettable road games. we will see who shows up.
Several years ago I drove to Jersey (from Maryland) to see a day game. It was a very close game but IU won. The lady sitting next to me was also an IU fan.

The RAC was NOT an impressive facility. The only thing that about the facility that impressed me was that the entire section of the parking lot where I parked had roofs over each spot. Overall, the RAC is not up to Big 10 standards.

crowd might be sparse due to apocalyptic weather and state of emergency
Yeah but that does not really much much the game at Minnesota last year was not even half full and Minnesota was down like three of its best players. And we still barely won.

I think IU could beat them at basketball ... but Rutgers style tackle basketball is a whole different animal.

conditions in NJ suck? How does anyone know?
I don't get out of a car in NJ. Newark airport is a shithole and if I have to go in there I say my prayers, get in a car/van/limo and keep my head down until across the bridge.

Go IU...beat the Fighting Snookies.

We should win but if we get sloppy with the ball and turn it over for easy buckets Rutgers will win. I say 10 or less turnovers we win.

The “tackle basketball” narrative was overstated in the past. It was tough defense.

Regardless, that’s not this Rutgers team. This Rutgers team is pillow soft, struggles rebounding, and lacks length in the backcourt.

In past years, we had 6-7 McConnell, 6-6 Mulcahy, 6-4 Spencer, 6-4 Geo Baker, and 6-6 Ron Harper, Jr. so what we lacked in lateral quickness, we made up for with good team defense and getting into passing lanes with our length. And the guards and wings rebounded.

This year, we have 5-11 Noah Fernandes, 6-1 JaMichael Davis, 6-3 and rail thin Derek Simpson. Portal G Austin Williams is 6-4 and pretty tough, but he only plays 15-20 minutes.

You guys have a size advantage at every position. And the RAC crowd will be limited due to a Nor’Easter that’s expected to dump 3+ inches of rain tonight and cause flooding.

Reactions: Scangg
The “tackle basketball” narrative was overstated in the past. It was tough defense.

Regardless, that’s not this Rutgers team. This Rutgers team is pillow soft, struggles rebounding, and lacks length in the backcourt.

In past years, we had 6-7 McConnell, 6-6 Mulcahy, 6-4 Spencer, 6-4 Geo Baker, and 6-6 Ron Harper, Jr. so what we lacked in lateral quickness, we made up for with good team defense and getting into passing lanes with our length. And the guards and wings rebounded.

This year, we have 5-11 Noah Fernandes, 6-1 JaMichael Davis, 6-3 and rail thin Derek Simpson. Portal G Austin Williams is 6-4 and pretty tough, but he only plays 15-20 minutes.

You guys have a size advantage at every position. And the RAC crowd will be limited due to a Nor’Easter that’s expected to dump 3+ inches of rain tonight and cause flooding.
No, it's skill lacking hackers ... generally combined with 1 or 2 actual basketball players.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

Last year was a football game

Reactions: gator mcCluskey

What happened to McConnell, I didn't think he was a senior and not a pro candidate? Think what you want, and I fully support physical play and D, but Rutgers crosses the line into "tackle basketball" at least the last 2 years. I'm convinced some coach's approach is to just be super physical and believe refs will eventually stop calling fouls so they don't disrupt the game and have too large a foul disparity (ie John Thompson at Gtown, or Pitino at Lville) and that's how Rutgers seemed. Those types of coaches don't generally change their approach, they coach their guys to play their style. I'm expecting another very physical game, so we'll see. Rail thin guys (like McConnell) can still hack and foul just fine.

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
What happened to McConnell, I didn't think he was a senior and not a pro candidate? Think what you want, and I fully support physical play and D, but Rutgers crosses the line into "tackle basketball" at least the last 2 years. I'm convinced some coach's approach is to just be super physical and believe refs will eventually stop calling fouls so they don't disrupt the game and have too large a foul disparity (ie John Thompson at Gtown, or Pitino at Lville) and that's how Rutgers seemed. Those types of coaches don't generally change their approach, they coach their guys to play their style. I'm expecting another very physical game, so we'll see. Rail thin guys (like McConnell) can still hack and foul just fine.
McConnell was out of eligibility

Reactions: Scangg and kkott
I don't get out of a car in NJ. Newark airport is a shithole and if I have to go in there I say my prayers, get in a car/van/limo and keep my head down until across the bridge.

My God you're a loser.

God you're a pathetic crybaby

• Haha
Reactions: kkott

Loved the time I had to stop in Gary IN

Last edited:
You Indiana hayseeds are real softies if you're scared of NJ. Maybe that's why you haven't won in Piscataway since Paul Ryan was speaker of the house.

You Indiana hayseeds are real softies if you're scared of NJ. Maybe that's why you haven't won in Piscataway since Paul Ryan was speaker of the house.
Nah. Downstate is really pretty. It IS the Garden State, after all.

It's just a couple of the cities that are toilets...

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT