ADVERTISEMENT

Harris vs. Trump 2024

Donald Trump GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
So who would the average Russian man on the street prefer to win the US election? Interesting video from the channel that does all those secretive interviews with anonymous people on the street in Russia. Usually they are asking questions about Russia,and you can see the interviewees looking aroung nervously worried about if someone will overhear them criticize Putin, the war in Ukraine or general conditions...

This time they seemed to be a little less nervous,since the questions didn't really pertain to Russian policy. I thought it was interesting that all of the people who chose Harris seemed to be Putin/Ukraine policy critics. The 2nd guy is a prime example, and he really put himself out there.

People who seem to be pro-Putin for the large part chose Trump,seemingly because they felt his "solution" to Ukraine would result in a Russian victory.That's a bit of an exaggeration,and of course it's all anecdotal. But overall I'd say it provides some interesting perspectives...

Harris vs Trump- Russian Edition...

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
"While there are problems with this work, the pattern points to sloppy writing habits, not a malicious intent to defraud.

Is it problematic? Yes. But it’s also not the wholesale fraud that many have claimed it to be. It sits somewhere between what the two sides want it to be."

Literally from the article Rufo screenshots in that post.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
"While there are problems with this work, the pattern points to sloppy writing habits, not a malicious intent to defraud.

Is it problematic? Yes. But it’s also not the wholesale fraud that many have claimed it to be. It sits somewhere between what the two sides want it to be."

Literally from the article Rufo screenshots in that post.
Stuff like this happens when the media decides it wants to influence events….theyve lost their way.

Reactions: jet812
D+12 sample. Weighted to D+5. Gallup predicting an R+3 I electorate I believe. 😬😬😬

October polls are very noisy Dbm. Shut it down until November. We will see what is what soon.

Fox shared a poll the other day that showed Trump up 2 nationally and trailing in all the swing states. Up big in GA, down several points in NC. Wtf? Not much to be gleaned.

October polls are very noisy Dbm. Shut it down until November. We will see what is what soon.

Fox shared a poll the other day that showed Trump up 2 nationally and trailing in all the swing states. Up big in GA, down several points in NC. Wtf? Not much to be gleaned.
Fox's state polls have always been garbage. They Biden winning FL and OH I believe. Texas was tied or close to it. Trust me we are winning big. Need more proof?

Dbm doesn't see the noise because he lives in an echo chamber.

Dude, you can ignore historical measures that have proven correct over and over if you'd like. This could be wrong, but it's not a nothing-burger. I know you want to hold off that crying jag for as long as possible, because Trump is going to lose the popular vote (almost 100 percent certainty) and likely to lose a close EC vote.

Fox's state polls have always been garbage. They Biden winning FL and OH I believe. Texas was tied or close to it. Trust me we are winning big. Need more proof?

So Democrats are killing it in early voting in both MI and PA, nd you think Casey and Baldwin feel they are "behind"? Do they think all of those ballots the Dems are banking in those states are just people voting for Harris and not them?

Here's a much more plausible explanation for these ads which seem to stress bi-partisanship...

First of all both Casey and Baldwin are flush with cash. So if they can afford to run ads that might appeal to more people who consider bi-partisanship, then why not do it? It's not going to cost them votes with the base. Neither are "endorsements" of 2024 Trump, in fact the quote from Casey is from 2017, Trump's first year in office.Baldwin's also stresses working with both Trump and Biden, so she's really flaunting her bi-partisan cred...

Harris just gave a speech in Delaware Co the other day in front of GOP anti-Trumpers backed on stage by 100 ex-Trumpers. So Casey and Baldwin are not divorcing themselves from Harris and both are still campaigning with her.

So I just went to the UF website that provides early voting numbers in various states. They've updated today and they show that in PA out of 788,000 votes returned 504,000 (64%) are from Dems, 211,000 (27%) are from GOP registered and another 73,000 are from "non-affiliated" voters. That gives the Dems a lead of nearly 2 1/2 more ballots, and you've got to figure that a plurality of the NAs are young people who will tend to favor Harris by some degree.

The numbers from Philly are very good for Dems as well, as Philly usually lags behind the state average in terms of rate of voting. At this point the ballots returned from Philly are nearly 1/2 of the 187,000 requested, and of the 95,000 total ballots returned 81,000 are from registered Dems.

The 81,000 returned represent over half of the 157,000 requested by Dems. This rate of return means that registered Dems in Philly are energized, and this rate of return is in line with the statewide average. In 2020 Philly gave Biden a 450,000 lead over Trump but the voting rate in Philly was 11 points below the state's average. So Dems are excited by the prospect of incresing Philly's voting rate by even a point or two which would result in thousand of more votes from Philly...

In MI 945,000 ballots have been returned, with 531,000 (56%) being from females. MI doesn't list party affiliation so it requires more effort to glean who those voters might be. Wayne Co (Detroit) has returned nearly half (156000) of the 353,000 requested and while there may be some smaller counties with a higher return rate a lot of them don't have a significant amount of voters to begin with...

What noise? All the polls are showing movement towards Trump.
Ha...I like having you around for comedic value. Goat says you don't hear the noise and almost on cue you comment 'what noise?'

Best/funniest post of the day dbm. And that's saying something because I thought the Dave Bautista link I posted was pretty damned funny.

Reactions: cosmickid
As God as my witness, I had no clue Maxim was still in business. My guess is that photo of Trump and Melania is from 20 or so years ago when Maxim was more of a thing.
Me either. I subscribed when it first came out for a couple years. I figured it was defunct.

What noise? All the polls are showing movement towards Trump.

I certainly don’t think it’s “all” of them. Harris has had some recent polls that looked good for her (most notably that Marist poll…but I’ve seen a couple others, too).

But one thing that is indisputable is that Trump is polling considerably better than he did in 2020 - according to the RCP averages.

IMG-0054.jpg

My read on it is about what it was with Biden: if Trump can carry all 3 of AZ, GA, and NC (which looks likely, but not at all guaranteed), then Harris has to run the table on WI, MI, and PA…which is certainly possible, but is a narrow path).

The one difference with Biden is that Harris looks better in all the states that matter - and seems likely to win NV.

IMG-0053.jpg

I certainly don’t think it’s “all” of them. Harris has had some recent polls that looked good for her (most notably that Marist poll…but I’ve seen a couple others, too).

But one thing that is indisputable is that Trump is polling considerably better than he did in 2020 - according to the RCP averages.

IMG-0054.jpg

My read on it is about what it was with Biden: if Trump can carry all 3 of AZ, GA, and NC (which looks likely, but not at all guaranteed), then Harris has to run the table on WI, MI, and PA…which is certainly possible, but is a narrow path).

The one difference with Biden is that Harris looks better in all the states that matter - and seems likely to win NV.

IMG-0053.jpg
Harris polls much worse in the Rust Belt than Biden. No clue what you're referring to. The point is this...the same polls that have Harris+2 right now and there are only a couple had Biden and Hillary up double digits or very close to it at this same time 4 and 8 years ago.

Harris polls much worse in the Rust Belt than Biden. No clue what you're referring to. The point is this...the same polls that have Harris+2 right now and there are only a couple had Biden and Hillary up double digits or very close to it at this same time 4 and 8 years ago.

I think a lot of people are operating on the assumption that Trump will once again outperform his polls. He could - without question.

But I don’t know if that’s any more likely than Trump underperforming his polls…or the polls being more or less in line with the results.

It is true that Trump is polling significantly better than he did in 2020 - nationally and in the battleground states.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I hate to rag on our homey Mark Cuban but Mark doesn't know crap about the border. He is saying after some adjustments there are fewer border crossings now than a few years ago. Perhaps the foot traffic has slowed a little but if you add in the plane loads flying over the border brought in by Biden-Harris, it has not decreased. Ask Springfield, Ohio and other communities how that is working out.

I’m talking about Biden c. July 2024, not Biden 2020.

I hate to rag on our homey Mark Cuban but Mark doesn't know crap about the border. He is saying after some adjustments there are fewer border crossings now than a few years ago. Perhaps the foot traffic has slowed a little but if you add in the plane loads flying over the border brought in by Biden-Harris, it has not decreased. Ask Springfield, Ohio and other communities how that is working out.
Springfield Haitians have nothing to do with the border situation. They're not here illegally. We should focus on stopping illegal immigration. If we could only all agree on that we could really get something done.

Springfield Haitians have nothing to do with the border situation. They're not here illegally. We should focus on stopping illegal immigration. If we could only all agree on that we could really get something done.
Haitians are absolutely germane. Their temporary legal status is as misguided as those who cross the border illegally and say the magic words “Asylum” and are then released into the country. Or even those who go to a point of entry and say the magic words.

We’ve imported 10% of the population of Haiti. Why?

Is the U.S. nothing more than one large refugee camp or a nation?

We should focus on stopping illegal immigration. If we could only all agree on that we could really get something done.

I couldn’t agree more.

And I’ll once again say, in retrospect, just how much of a blown opportunity (and maybe worse) it was for the Senate to have removed the border triggers from the 2013 Gang of 8 bill.

But it goes to show just how much entrenched interest there is in keeping the border at least somewhat opened. Nobody says they’re in favor of that - it would be political suicide. But actions speak louder than words - especially with politicians.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Are you saying that the US government flew Haitians from Haiti to Springfield, Ohio? Because I'm pretty sure that's not true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT