ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh employed former military to conduct illegal surveillance on other teams. Stole signs.

UTFO

Hall of Famer
Feb 2, 2004
I'm sure UM will get off w a slap on the wrist.

I mean, we're not talking Kelvin Sampson level violations here!

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I'm sure UM will get off w a slap on the wrist.

I mean, we're not talking Kelvin Sampson level violations here!
All he gotta do is deny, deny and deny! All will be well. Also put a gag order on any goody two shoes intern who might spill the beans! *Cough Melissa Y* cough cough. IU woulda been great if that person wouldnt have chirped. But in a way that would have been very different for the IU fanbase.

Who cares? Really - if you can steal a sign, good for you. Furthermore, if no one was doing it, why does literally every team go to such great lengths to conceal their signal calling? Now, if you’re tapping their electronic/wireless communications, that a whole different level 😎
What he did is against the rules. Why have rules if you will not punish those who break them?

What he did is against the rules. Why have rules if you will not punish those who break them?
I agree and I think that is the point you are making.
But then you have to ask the ncaa why no consequences for Sean Miller at AZ, Bill Self at Kansas, etc, etc.

I agree and I think that is the point you are making.
But then you have to ask the ncaa why no consequences for Sean Miller at AZ, Bill Self at Kansas, etc, etc.
Kansas got 3 years probation....vacated some wins, and a FF. I'd call that consequences.

Here's the issue---We are never happy with the punishment of others, and always unhappy with our own.

And my point is - WGAF? Stupid rule. If you can break your opponents code, more power to you.
They sent the dude to opponents stadiums ahead of their games. In person off campus scouting during the season is the issue. Video taping signals and spending the next week(s) is a byproduct of the in person scouting rule that they're breaking. Not sure why every news outlet seems to be focused on the sign stealing and not the actual rule violation.

It'll all depend on how much direction they can prove Stalian was given. We all know he was given very clear direction. He's a military guy, chain of command is in his DNA...whoever his boss was, told him to do these things, and I suspect it was Harbaugh. But if they can't, or aren't willing, to prove that, then Stalian will get some sort of ban, Michigan will get a relative slap on the wrist. Harbaugh might be sick of it all anyways and leave no matter how much he's implicated. Seems to be trending that way.

It's not stealing signals that is against the rules. It's going off campus to scout in person that's against the rules.
you're missing the point... our sport cultures, over decades, have allowed cheating to go on. Tell me you don't drive 72 mph in a 70mph zone... thats a law!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT