ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Bobby Bonilla day!

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
He's been getting paid over a million per year to do nothing with another 11 payments due to do nothing.

I'd say that's pretty bullet proof.
Agree. You can always argue time value of money, opportunity cost, etc. But for your average ballplayer (not saying Bonilla necessarily), this type of structure protects them from themselves financially.

$1,200,000 here. $1,200,000 there. And $1,200,000 in a bunch of other places, and pretty soon we’re talking real money.

He's been making 1.2 since 2000.

Here's also a little known fact, he's getting 500k from the Orioles every year until until 2028, so he's actually been getting $1.7 million a year since 2004.

He's pretty damn smart.

Are the Spirits of St Louis owners still receiving NBA tv revenue from their ABA/NBA merger settlement?
In perpetuity was the original agreement, but the NBA settled with them in 2014 or '15 with a fat lump sum payment to end it. It was something like 15% annually of the share for the TV deal money of the Pacers, Spurs, Nuggets and Nets.

In perpetuity was the original agreement, but the NBA settled with them in 2014 or '15 with a fat lump sum payment to end it. It was something like 15% annually of the share for the TV deal money of the Pacers, Spurs, Nuggets and Nets.
Didn’t know they had settled. I knew they got 1/7 of each of the 4 ABA teams tv money in perpetuity.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Didn’t know they had settled. I knew they got 1/7 of each of the 4 ABA teams tv money in perpetuity.
They were getting on in age and decided to end it. One of them passed away not long after.

ETA

They were getting on in age and decided to end it. One of them passed away not long after.

ETA
My nephew just started farming on his own a few years ago. I offered him some capital to help him get started. All I wanted back was 10% every year til I die. He passed. I think his wife had something to do about it. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
My nephew just started farming on his own a few years ago. I offered him some capital to help him get started. All I wanted back was 10% every year til I die. He passed. I think his wife had something to do about it. Lol
My dad always joked that the way to have a million dollars in the bank from farming was to start with 2 million.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT