ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Doyel goes off on Archie..

ndhuntington

Senior
Oct 6, 2009
On DD show let Archie have it about saying team was not tough enough pointing the finger at Franklin who is only 65 percent with ankle. Don't understand how you can blame Franklin for not being tough enough but your starting point guard gets the pass? Also said it's time for Archie to go love the passion.

IU’s Archie Miller blames his team’s loss to Illinois on a lack of toughness. And here I'm thinking it's a lack of coaching

Reactions: IULouie
On DD show let Archie have it about saying team was not tough enough pointing the finger at Franklin who is only 65 percent with ankle. Don't understand how you can blame Franklin for not being tough enough but your starting point guard gets the pass? Also said it's time for Archie to go love the passion.

IU’s Archie Miller blames his team’s loss to Illinois on a lack of toughness. And here I'm thinking it's a lack of coaching

I think CAM might be employing some RMK type psychology on Franklin trying to get him to step up as a leader, because CAM has already given up on his upper classmen guards. Might be too little too late.

Typical. When the going gets bad, it’s always the coach. When they start playing well, it’s because the players stepped up.

This must be the media theme du jour. Big Bozich had a similar article today.
Doyel has column space to fill, he's sensationalistic, and he's far from a basketball expert.
He wrongly interpreted Archie's comment as finger pointing at Armaan. I suppose Armaan getting picked was the last thing he remembered, so he equated Archie's comment to that.

Archie is right, they aren't tough enough.
UI got the majority of the 50/50 balls, hustle plays, and mental awareness plays throughout the game. That's toughness, and it's a killer in a tight game*. *Any game IU has a chance to win will be a tight game.
Race made 6 of 12 free throws. I forget how many of those misses were front ends. That's largely mental toughness, and those are also killers in tight games.

So Archie is right, and his words are misrepresented by Doyel.
Do you want Archie to coach them up or not?
You do realize that you don't need to rely on a journalist's interpretation of post game presser comments, right? Here judge for yourself...

Last edited:
He's likes to give advice to Dr.Sanjay Gupta..On neurosurgery too..
He think's his knowledge is boundless..
Doyle will be ready to jump from the ledge on a team one day..
Three days later if they win ...That team is building something special...

He's likes to give advice to Dr.Sanjay Gupta..On neurosurgery too..
He think's his knowledge is boundless..
Doyle will be ready to jump from the ledge on a team one day..
Three days later if they win ...That team is building something special...

At least he stands up for the players.

Doyle is a douche and his take will always align with whatever stirs up the most conversation / emotion. If IU loses the nest 5 games, he'll probably say how he's the right man for the job in an effort to get people worked up, clicking the headline and reading his junk.

Reactions: Pledgemygrievance
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT