ADVERTISEMENT

Grand jury votes to indict Trump

If DJT evaded taxes by falsely writing off hush money payments as deductable business expenses (legal fees), he likely evaded both state and Federal taxes, and so NY (his legal home at the time) has the legit right to hold him accountable.

Accountability doesn't seem to sit well with his fanboys here.

It's not the strongest case aginst him and everyone who wants this cancer cut out of the American political system wishes that other cases would have come up first, but it is what it is. He played stupid games and now will get stupid prizes.
Is there anyway to cut a cancer out of this place? Just asking.

For an update, they dropped the charges now. The defendant had no record and the guy he tried to question had 20 prior arrests, mostly for petty larceny. So armed thief gets stopped trying to break into cars, shoots person hired to protect property, and then has gun taken from him and shot himself. That is self defense to me and it took public embarrassment to get the guy to drop charges. And this is the second time he tried to railroad someone defending themselves that I am aware of.

I don't like prosecutors like Bragg because they end up being a menace to their communities with how they approach crime.
Glad to know they dropped the charges. Seemed harsh, as the defendant shooting the other guy was understandable in an emotional sort of way.

It's not self-defense when you have sole control over a weapon and then use it on a person you took it from. At most, that's a justifiable shooting, but don't dress it up as self-defense.

Let's be honest: you don't like Bragg because he's a Democrat.

The main menu updates with most recent posts and it frequently says that the last post was by "ignored member".

In an active thread such as this one, the posts are numbered and I'll see a gap of a bunch of posts, knowing it's the purveyors of crap at it again.

I sometimes have made the stupid choice of clicking on "show ignored content" when a whole series of ignored posts follow something that I have posted. It's never worth it, though. I don't need the moron take.
So how did you figure out how to ignore yourself?

I did not know that. Learned something new here

I thought a presidential pardon was an all encompassing get out of jail free card for the specific crimes stated in the pardon (and I'm not sure specific crimes are listed now that I think about it).

That's why I tend to STFU in law threads. Lol
I know some law. Some manufacturing. Some books. A fair amount about gov. A fair amount about storm tracking. A fair amount about non soccer sports. Quite a bit about relationships. Love won and love lost. Quite a bit about regional wrestling pre wwf. And am an expert on Alaska, soccer, and reality television.

• Love
Reactions: TommyCracker
I can't wait until the Republicans come back into power... Who goes to jail first? Hillary? (Personally I'd prefer they fine her the amount that she cost the country in fake investigations during Trumps Presidency). There's too many more to list... Good Times... We'll make the Pakistanis look like amateurs...
What was keeping you from it when you had control of the executive and legislative branch?

Etiquette? Lol

It definitely wasn't a lack of interest, hell it was a huge part of Trump's drain the swamp platform (which is Shooter's point).

Were you just joking back then but now you're serious?

Okay

What was keeping you from it when you had control of the executive and legislative branch?

Etiquette? Lol

It definitely wasn't a lack of interest, hell it was a huge part of Trump's drain the swamp platform.

Were you just joking back then but now you're serious?

Okay

None of their conspiracies seem to survive actual investigations. Kind of like the fake fbi whistleblowers Jordan was touting until it came out they were paid by orange man organization...probably listed as a legal expense lol.

Glad to know they dropped the charges. Seemed harsh, as the defendant shooting the other guy was understandable in an emotional sort of way.

It's not self-defense when you have sole control over a weapon and then use it on a person you took it from. At most, that's a justifiable shooting, but don't dress it up as self-defense.

Let's be honest: you don't like Bragg because he's a Democrat.
I don't like Bragg because he is a specific type of Democrat, the "Progressive" kind that don't do their jobs....unless of course you believe that his position is representative of the Democrats as a whole.

ETA: on the self defense, I think it is because he has been shot twice. You don't know how long you are going to remain conscious after that. If you just struggled the gun away, I think shooting in that instance is justified. If he had not been shot, less clear.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
You're very kind, and as a result, you're now publicly defamed. I've liked you ever since you reduced me to telling you to go f#ck yourself early on. And you've got even better from there. I will now tell you to go f#ck yourself in the smiliest and most respectful way I can, because you're just that good.;) Best to you.

I bring out the worst in people. It's my superpower.

You may not be aware (unless you've been lurking) that I'm now a Mod. Anyone you want me to whack? Just for old times' sake?

It's been the nothingest burger of any nothingburger I've ever seen. The only news I've seen come out of it are all the times Jordan has gotten pwned.
There was a pretty good one with Boebert and the critically important crime of public urination a week ago.

She was in complete mean girls mode, constantly not letting the guy answer all while being completely misinformed to begin with to the point that you start to wonder if her staff was f#$king with her as a prank.

We're just one quarter in, there's much more of this to go.

Reactions: Bill4411
She was in complete mean girls mode, constantly not letting the guy answer all while being completely misinformed to begin with to the point that you start to wonder if her staff was f#$king with her as a prank.

Yeah, I saw that one. Golden. The dude just let her continue digging.

Seriously, her staff must be a bunch of morans.

Yeah, I saw that one. Golden. The dude just let her continue digging.

Seriously, her staff must be a bunch of morans.
Did you intentionally misspell moron? Speaking of women how fitting is it that stormy d might be what brings trump down. It’s always a woman isn’t it. Election fraud. Inciting riots. Tax issues. Cookin the books on loans. Defalcation I’m sure. The list is probably endless but a damn scorned woman. Can’t get away from that

Did you intentionally misspell moron?
I always figured that was you.

spatial_analysis.jpg

Did you intentionally misspell moron? Speaking of women how fitting is it that stormy d might be what brings trump down. It’s always a woman isn’t it. Election fraud. Inciting riots. Tax issues. Cookin the books on loans. Defalcation I’m sure. The list is probably endless but a damn scorned woman. Can’t get away from that
I see Bulk has a stash of selfies to post

Wait haven’t you been around long enough to know morans? I can’t remember where it started. OTF maybe?

My brain functions at about 15 percent. I’m rooting for AI and a chip implant. I’m ignorant just not enough for bliss
Ha ha that's such a great response to the "would you rather' question of.....would you rather be a tortured genius or a happy idiot?

But he's using a federal law to prosecute.

The statute of limitations ran out on the state law a long time ago.
No they will get Trump based on the same aspect of NY law regarding statute of limitations regarding felonies that allowed them to get Harvey Weinstein. Trump, like Weinstein will try to claim that the statute of limitations ran out, which a judge rejected based on New York law.

However, both Weinstein and his fellow ex-New Yorker Trump made the mistake of being away from the state for a continuous number of days, which do not figure in the statute of limitations.So Trump's WH residency when he mainly chose to vacation and partially reside in Bedminster (NJ) instead of NYC, as well as his subsequent move to MAL (FL) caused an interruption of the statute of limitations. just like it did with Weinstein's move to LA. Two peas in a pod, caught like rats in a trap...

No they will get Trump based on the same aspect of NY law regarding statute of limitations regarding felonies that allowed them to get Harvey Weinstein. Trump, like Weinstein will try to claim that the statute of limitations ran out, which a judge rejected based on New York law.

However, both Weinstein and his fellow ex-New Yorker Trump made the mistake of being away from the state for a continuous number of days, which do not figure in the statute of limitations.So Trump's WH residency when he mainly chose to vacation and partially reside in Bedminster (NJ) instead of NYC, as well as his subsequent move to MAL (FL) caused an interruption of the statute of limitations. just like it did with Weinstein's move to LA. Two peas in a pod, caught like rats in a trap...
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere and I missed it... But there are Freudian slips, and then there are FREUDIAN SLIPS.

The fact that this occurred on Faux makes it that more enjoyable...

Stocked up ?

2dc32546-28d4-411c-a983-4830080641b2.5c1108b937b22c533f5d7f8e714b83fd.jpeg

Reactions: DANC
IIUC, per NY law the SoL is paused/tolled while the defendant is out of state.

Could that ever be challenged in Federal court? Seems somewhat antiquated, BU to guess I don’t care since I don’t plan to commit any crimes in NY.

Could that ever be challenged in Federal court? Seems somewhat antiquated, BU to guess I don’t care since I don’t plan to commit any crimes in NY.
Why? So people could leave the state whenever they get caught with a crime that has a statue of limitations? And then just come back when it has expired like nothing happened.

What happened to republicans being tough on crime? Oh yea, forgot about the orange exception

No idea. Just passing on what I have heard. Not sure what the Feds would have to say about it. They're state charges of violations of state law brought by a state prosecutor in a state court.

Why? So people could leave the state whenever they get caught with a crime that has a statue of limitations? And then just come back when it has expired like nothing happened.

What happened to republicans being tough on crime? Oh yea, forgot about the orange exception
I don’t think it works that way. Per the legal pundits, giving money to Daniels and McDougal in exchange for their silence is no crime. Circumstances of McDougal's case are different, but effect is the same. Falsifying business records to disguise those payments is a crime, but it’s only a misdemeanor and the statute of limitations has expired. The DA had to tie the false records to another crime to elevate that to a felony so Trump could be prosecuted. This is what the legal beagles pretty much unanimously believe was done. We’ll likely see soon.

Last edited:
I don’t think it works that way. Per the legal pundits giving money to Daniels and McDougal in exchange for their silence is no crime. Circumstances of. mcDougal case are different, but effect is the same. Falsifying business records to disguise those payments is a crime, but it’s only a misdemeanor and the statute of limitations has expired. The DA had to tie the false records to another crime to elevate that to a felony so Trump could be prosecuted. This is what the legal beagles pretty much unanimously believe was done. We’ll likely see soon.
The other poster was saying statue of limitations paused when someone is out of state. Not sure how your response is relevant since that would mean statue of limitations hasn't expired due to that. Unless it hasn't expired due to both being upgraded to a felony and being out of state.

Anyway, I would assume NY put in the out of state not counting towards SOL because they wanted to deter running away as a strategy.

I am guessing some wouldn't have an issue with that other than due to who the defendant is in this case.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
The other poster was saying statue of limitations paused when someone is out of state. Not sure how your response is relevant since that would mean statue of limitations hasn't expired due to that. Unless it hasn't expired due to both being upgraded to a felony and being out of state.

Anyway, I would assume NY put in the out of state not counting towards SOL because they wanted to deter running away as a strategy.

I am guessing some wouldn't have an issue with that other than due to who the defendant is in this case.
Everything is attempted to be reduced to one simple thing. It doesn’t work that way. Tolling is tethered to the class of crimes as is the sol. Some will toll. Some won’t. Some involve murder, or child sex, and may never have a sol. Etc.

@Aloha Hoosier if those are the charges I suspect they have a provision to bring them as a felony. Whatever is the lowest. E or whatever. Not something you go to jail over tho with no priors

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT