ADVERTISEMENT

Grammy's get BLM'd

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
Draw lowest ratings ever

Viewership for Sunday’s Grammy Awards on CBS fell to 8.8 million viewers, according to Nielsen, the television research firm.

That’s a new low for the show and a 53 percent drop compared with last year’s show, which drew 18.7 million viewers. The previous low was 17 million viewers in 2006, when Green Day won record of the year.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Draw lowest ratings ever

Viewership for Sunday’s Grammy Awards on CBS fell to 8.8 million viewers, according to Nielsen, the television research firm.

That’s a new low for the show and a 53 percent drop compared with last year’s show, which drew 18.7 million viewers. The previous low was 17 million viewers in 2006, when Green Day won record of the year.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
More people watched the masked singer - where you can't see a D-list "celebrity"

Saw the first 20 minutes, and thought it was really well done. They didn't bring up BLM once, no undertones either. Maybe it changed when i changed the channel.
I just wanted to see the Black Pumas, not interested in the other pop stuff. I would have watched Brandi Carlisle too. Does the name Black Pumas offend your kind too, are you internally waiting for them to fail?

Reactions: sluggo69
Saw the first 20 minutes, and thought it was really well done. They didn't bring up BLM once, no undertones either. Maybe it changed when i changed the channel.
I just wanted to see the Black Pumas, not interested in the other pop stuff. I would have watched Brandi Carlisle too. Does the name Black Pumas offend your kind too, are you internally waiting for them to fail?

I didn’t know shoes could sing but I have a pair of these

70c3d9f7dabc624fb5131f59d9632a27--big-ant-mua-sắm.jpg

Reactions: jet812
I didn't watch (nor would I so don't count me amount the 8 million or so who stayed away) but was this done entirely virtually? If so, I can understand why people don't watch. Wife and I tried to watch the Golden Globes a couple months ago and it really sucks (even more than usual) when done virtually. Sports viewership is down as well and I suspect it has something to do with empty stadiums.

7-diadora-brasil-boots-min.jpg

Diadora going old school with designs nowadays as well. I literally wore them b/c they had the Italian colors on them. Back then all boots were black.
Oh yeah those were sweet. That iconic flag. I wore diadoras for indoor back then. They were an misl staple. Diadora sponsored the buffalo stallions if you can imagine such a thing. Then I traded in the puma kings for copas (tongue down) and the diadoras for gazelles. In my old man league I wear all white shoes, a move reserved for only highly skillful players and foreigners

Man, that’s an amazing group. I like Carlisle too but I can’t help but find all her songs to sound nearly identical.

Reactions: Noodle
I posted elsewhere that I was more familiar with those in the In Memoriam segment than those up for awards. Black Pumas and Brandi Carlile were the only thing worth watching. The Post Malone comment about auto tune being the reason he could sing sums most of it up quite nicely.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Not literally, more pointing out that nobody was watching their message.
The Golden Globe awards a couple weeks ago had their lowest ratings ever. Award show viewership has been dropping for years and it’s worse during the pandemic. This has nothing to do with BLM.

Reactions: larsIU
The Golden Globe awards a couple weeks ago had their lowest ratings ever. Award show viewership has been dropping for years and it’s worse during the pandemic. This has nothing to do with BLM.

Don't ruin my terrible troll with facts Harry!

Hey, it's ok. We're at 19 posts and we've discussed soccer cleats, Brandi Carlisle and Black Pumas. What a ride.
My buddy’s pop ran the muny opera house in Stl. I got to sit above the stage in the lights in grade school for the go gos. Belinda Carlisle was my first crush

Reactions: larsIU
Why do conservatives revel in the fact that some show, awards ceremony or event gets less than expected ratings? The guys at Fox always used to rail on MSNBC and CNN when their ratings would be well below Fox's. Their lord and savior, Donald J. Trump also seemed to point that out when he had a voice.

What's the right's fascination with ratings?

Why do conservatives revel in the fact that some show, awards ceremony or event gets less than expected ratings? The guys at Fox always used to rail on MSNBC and CNN when their ratings would be well below Fox's. Their lord and savior, Donald J. Trump also seemed to point that out when he had a voice.

What's the right's fascination with ratings?
we hate celebrity culture and celebrities that tell us what to do. so we like it when their ratings suck because we root for them to fail. we elected a celebrity. and we didn't really root for him to fail. it's all very complicated. but we do remain pleased that award shows are getting horrible ratings. and the nba too.

Last edited:
we hate celebrity culture and celebrities that tell us what to do. so we like it when their ratings suck because we root for them to fail. we elected a celebrity. and we didn't really root for him to fail. it's all very complicated. but we do remain pleased that awards showings are getting horrible ratings. and the nba too.
Shorter MCM: we hate.

You are slacking... if it isn't up tonight, I'm starting one!
LOL I'm still weathering the storm of "Is Biden Okay?" It's actually really funny as my stoker has me working on how i talk. That guy's the worst..." "Oh MY GOD I HATE" "how do these people end up on tv" "I can't decide who i hate most jimmy fallon or jimmy kimmell. i used to like jimmy kimmel on the man show but i hate him now. i've always hated jimmy fallon. why are champions league games always on at the exact same time. i hate this shit. what the F is paramount plus? why isn't my new 90 day fiance on tlc. what the hell is discovery plus? do i have to subscribe to discovery plus? WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!!!! no i can't come now. i'm in a fight with a guy on the internet. no i don't know who it is. no it's not business stuff. he's on a stupid basketball board. indiana. i know it's a waste but i absolutely hate this guy. Total F*cking moron."

you get the idea. i'm supposed to be working on me at home and your proposed thread isn't really assistive JDB

Last edited:
LOL I'm still weathering the storm of "Is Biden Okay?" It's actually really funny as my stoker has me working on how i talk. That guy's the worst..." "Oh MY GOD I HATE" "how do these people end up on tv" "I can't decide who i hate most jimmy fallon or jimmy kimmell. i used to like jimmy kimmel on the man show but i hate him now. i've always hated jimmy fallon. why are champions league games always on at the exact same time. i hate this shit. what the F is paramount plus? why isn't my new 90 day fiance on tlc. what the hell is discovery plus? do i have to subscribe to discovery plus? WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!!!! no i can't come now. i'm in a fight with a guy on the internet. no i don't know who it is. no it's not business stuff. he's on a stupid basketball board. indiana. i know it's a waste but i absolutely hate this guy. Total F*cking moron."

you get the idea. i'm supposed to be working on me at home and your proposed thread isn't really assistive JDB
TIL humans actually watch 90 Day Fiancé

TIL humans actually watch 90 Day Fiancé
I know. It’s awful. One old goat was paying a hot Russian to talk to him online. Whether she was real was as suspenseful as anything I’ve watched in a decade

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT