ADVERTISEMENT

Got gas for $2.86 today

Concur. I still play disc golf when it's 20 degrees, sunny with no wind. Doesn't bother me in the least. But -2 windy and dark? No thanks. I've never minded heat. I just sweat, and that's ok by me b/c I'll never be cold. Arizona might be a bit too much but I think I could handle the deep south in August just fine.

And some people bitch about prices in Carmel.
Killers...

Wind in the winter.

Humidity in the summer.

117 with 0% humidity in Scottsdale feels better than the steam room we had last August when it was 90 and like 60% humidity.

North Texas summers suck at 106 with 30-40% humidity, but that shit we had last August in C Indiana was gnarly.

Do you have snow chains on your cart?
Funny enough, there are some discs you can't throw when it gets too cold b/c the plastic blend will just shatter if you hit a tree.

I used to play basketball with a guy who got frostbite at the BDGC winter Ice Bowl tournament. Sort of made me pay attention more to footwear. I didn't mind playing in the cold, my game was impervious to the weather. That's the advantage of being REALLY bad.
Used to play at a friends house who had a paved driveway (rich folks, I grew up wtih gravel). We'd shovel off the snow and wipe it down with newspaper. They had a wood burning stove so his grandmother (long story) would bring out some coals so we could warm our hands.

Kids today are soft.

that shit we had last August in C Indiana was gnarly.
Loved it. Still 80 at 11pm.

Well...yeah.

There's the kinda-bar on the north end they set up just for beer, and then the "basement bar" that Mike Ross (WOW, Endeavor) runs over on the SW corner that's for Varsity Club members (of distinction).

It's where the cool kids hang.
Ok knew about the north end one but not south west. Not Varsity Club, nor distinction, so I’m out….

Concur. I still play disc golf when it's 20 degrees, sunny with no wind. Doesn't bother me in the least. But -2 windy and dark? No thanks. I've never minded heat. I just sweat, and that's ok by me b/c I'll never be cold. Arizona might be a bit too much but I think I could handle the deep south in August just fine.

And some people bitch about prices in Carmel.
I don’t mind the cold and I love snow. My dog is not a fan and we had a few accidents. But what I hate is day after day of grey and no sun. Heading to some warmth on Saturday.

@IUSUMMERS

You're not a regular poster here so you need to be aware that the use of the *tard construction in this forum is prohibited. Your post and the replies that quoted it have been removed. Please refrain from this in the future. This is non-negotiable. Continued use of that construction will result in a ban, and unfortunately, in Rivals, a ban is site wide.

And FWIW, the post that prompted your outburst was out of line and removed as well.

Thanks.

So how does the app work with a credit card or does it? In other words, if you have a credit card that gives you 5% back on gasoline can you use the app along with the credit card?
You enter your cc or debit info when you setup your account. Whatever card you use to buy gas. When your done filling up you pay like normal. Confirm on the app that you used the card they have on file. Then a few days later you get credit in your Upside account. You can cash it out whenever. I've been using it for about 5 months and have close to $60 banked. Average about 5-10 cents off per gallon. Not a huge amount but every little bit helps. You can also get cash back from restaurants. Usually around 5%. Same process as gas.

I believe you can submit receipts if you forget to pay with the card on file or pay with cash.

Reactions: BradStevens
Biden contributed to all of this mess. He’s too stupid too feckless and too old to be president. He has the worst approval in modern history for a reason

You're worse than the idiot basketball posters on the freeboard with your unprovable emotional claims presented as fact. It's not coming from knowledge or anything resembling reasoning, it's pure emotional bullshit. You want it to be true so it must be true... You think like a little girl.

Typical of a cultist ..

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You're worse than the idiot basketball posters on the freeboard with your unprovable emotional claims presented as fact. It's not coming from knowledge or anything resembling reasoning, it's pure emotional bullshit. You want it to be true so it must be true... You think like a little girl.

Typical of a cultist ..
I’ve directed you to countless sources. Experts. But you refuse to learn. You choose willful ignorance. At this point you’ve submitted to the cult and I just have to let you go

The last on earth to still not believe woke exists

Sad

Do you own a home? I do, my equity has shot up. Why shouldn't current home owners be happy with that?

It is how one looks at things.
I’m not happy, because it doesn’t really benefit myself or most homeowners. I pay more in taxes, more in insurance (up 20% this year), and maintenance cost for almost everything has outpaced CPI inflation. The one benefit would be pulling out equity, but current rates suck. So, yes, on paper I’m worth more, but in reality I’m worse off.

That sounds awful, The tediousness…. My dad did that.
It’s definitely overkill. I just like to know where money going. I remember a day if I made what I am making now I would have thought I’d save 40% or more of it every year. Like I said in another thread on Fife needs and wants get blurred and most wants become needs.

One thing that happened to me over years with older clients changed my life. Invariably a husband would die and the widow would come into my office. I would try to comfort her that she had plenty of money and investments and could do all the things she dreamed of. Every time the widow would say we saved and never did anything fun always worried about the future. Now I don’t care about the money and don’t want to spend it by myself.

Those conversations affected me. Don’t be wasteful and you do need to save. BUT enjoy the fruits of your labor with the one you love while you have the opportunity.

It’s definitely overkill. I just like to know where money going. I remember a day if I made what I am making now I would have thought I’d save 40% or more of it every year. Like I said in another thread on Fife needs and wants get blurred and most wants become needs.

One thing that happened to me over years with older clients changed my life. Invariably a husband would die and the widow would come into my office. I would try to comfort her that she had plenty of money and investments and could do all the things she dreamed of. Every time the widow would say we saved and never did anything fun always worried about the future. Now I don’t care about the money and don’t want to spend it by myself.

Those conversations affected me. Don’t be wasteful and you do need to save. BUT enjoy the fruits of your labor with the one you love while you have the opportunity.
My dad had journals full of every trip we too,. i was his main journalist. I had to write down mileage every hour on the hour and every 100 miles. Then every time we got gas, how much, and how long each stop was. I’ll never forget how mad he was when a Howard Johnson dinner was over an hour. We had scheduled pee stops and heaven forbid if we broke them. We turned the Beatles Let it Be into Let Us Pee. Still didn’t work. We’d stop drinking in the car. He also had notebooks of all the stats from basketball and football games, high school and college.

You sound like a perfect couple then, Age doesn’t make you old, frame of mind does. And anyone who gets bent out of shape about something silly like pronouns is old.
I disagree. I just don’t like having to deal with it. It’s dumb and I am dumber having to go through an application deciding if I am going to be an asshole filling in the blanks. Yesterday at the doctors office I filled the Blank “Man and if you ever ask me again I’ll take my business elsewhere”.

My dad had journals full of every trip we too,. i was his main journalist. I had to write down mileage every hour on the hour and every 100 miles. Then every time we got gas, how much, and how long each stop was. I’ll never forget how mad he was when a Howard Johnson dinner was over an hour. We had scheduled pee stops and heaven forbid if we broke them. We turned the Beatles Let it Be into Let Us Pee. Still didn’t work. We’d stop drinking in the car. He also had notebooks of all the stats from basketball and football games, high school and college.
That sounds like a great dad. And someone that paid attention like that accumulated wealth.

When I finally ended up back home after college I got shocked so many times early by these old farmers who wore overalls and every one thought they were poor. Poor my ass, many were multi millionaires.

And many of the young businessmen running around the streets in fancy suits and expensive cars had as many or more debts than assets.

Reactions: Spartans9312
That sounds like a great dad. And someone that paid attention like that accumulated wealth.

When I finally ended up back home after college I got shocked so many times early by these old farmers who wore overalls and every one thought they were poor. Poor my ass, many were multi millionaires.

And many of the young businessmen running around the streets in fancy suits and expensive cars had as many or more debts than assets.
Can you just take over my life, Stoll? Text me what I can and can't spend money on?

I can repay you in free fashion advice or mountain real estate.

Can you just take over my life, Stoll? Text me what I can and can't spend money on?

I can repay you in free fashion advice or mountain real estate.
Mountain real estate sounds great!! 😂

I built my business with attention to detail for my clients. Many over the years tell me I worry more about their business than they do.

As i try to retire I am struggling trying to say enough is enough. You guys need to look out for yourselves.

@IUSUMMERS

You're not a regular poster here so you need to be aware that the use of the *tard construction in this forum is prohibited. Your post and the replies that quoted it have been removed. Please refrain from this in the future. This is non-negotiable. Continued use of that construction will result in a ban, and unfortunately, in Rivals, a ban is site wide.

And FWIW, the post that prompted your outburst was out of line and removed as well.

Thanks.

That's Stoll's wife. Real good. Run off a fellow mod's wife. Good work. 😄

$2.07 last week in CO and like $2.17 today.

And housing prices were rising to crazy prices before Biden took office.

No that is absolutely untrue. I was actively in the market. Don’t lie to support Biden. It’s Fing moronic. 2021 is when it exploded

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
No that is absolutely untrue. I was actively in the market. Don’t lie to support Biden. It’s Fing moronic. 2021 is when it exploded
Bought house in May 2019. Sold house in Nov 2020 for $85k more than we paid. That same house would have never sold more than $85k of our selling price from then to now.

Bought house in May 2019. Sold house in Nov 2020 for $85k more than we paid. That same house would have never sold more than $85k of our selling price from then to now.
awesome. Don’t care about your anecdotal bullshit. 2021 is the largest home price increase in decades.

Stop posting bullshit to support Biden

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
You should drive less.
4/5 trips a week in the spring/summer/fall from springville to washington office to Evansville to play golf and then from Evansville back to Springville adds up. Drives from springville to washington to work rest of the year more miles.

Amazing how a pretty sexy lady who’s a great cook and my best friend makes the driving no big deal. Usually the entire trips are filled with client calls or arguing with you guys. Siri makes it easy but spelling and grammar are bad. Hell my spelling and grammar has always been awful. Great failure in my life.

I pretty much worked from home since middle of December to today. So miles slowing down.

awesome. Don’t care about your anecdotal bullshit. 2021 is the largest home price increase in decades.

Stop posting bullshit to support Biden

I love a guy who complains about anecdotal evidence after offering his own anecdotal evidence.

Here's actual data that backs up your claim,

but it also highlights that the previous year had extreme high home price growth as well. And that the subsequent two years have had much more modest and sustainable growth. One could easily make the case that your boy caused massive home price inflation and it only took a year for Biden to get it back under control...I mean, if you want to go by data instead of just, you know, anecdotal bullshit. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I guess if one
I love a guy who complains about anecdotal evidence after offering his own anecdotal evidence.

Here's actual data that backs up your claim,

but it also highlights that the previous year had extreme high home price growth as well. And that the subsequent two years have had much more modest and sustainable growth. One could easily make the case that your boy caused massive home price inflation and it only took a year for Biden to get it back under control...I mean, if you want to go by data instead of just, you know, anecdotal bullshit. ;)
i guess if one is pretty stupid they could 😉. Others recognize the impact of inflation, supply chains, and Covid hysteria giving rise to remote work that was unnecessary

I’ve posted data on numerous occasions on this topic. I’m not going by anecdotal. 😉

Pick an area. Your guy has made it worse 😉

I guess if one

i guess if one is pretty stupid they could 😉. Others recognize the impact of inflation, supply chains, and Covid hysteria giving rise to remote work that was unnecessary

I’ve posted data on numerous occasions on this topic. I’m not going by anecdotal. 😉

Pick an area. Your guy has made it worse 😉
Well, if you are against home prices rising, Biden has made that growth rate better for you. Your guy is the one whose policies were in place to make it worse.

You talk about posting data, but all anyone ever sees is you talking about it. I posted the actual data so that you could see that you're wrong on everything except 2021 being the highest year...I mean, if you actually want to go by the data instead of just bleating inaccurate hyperbole.

Well, if you are against home prices rising, Biden has made that growth rate better for you. Your guy is the one whose policies were in place to make it worse.

You talk about posting data, but all anyone ever sees is you talking about it. I posted the actual data so that you could see that you're wrong on everything except 2021 being the highest year...I mean, if you actually want to go by the data instead of just bleating inaccurate hyperbole.
What on earth are you babbling about now? Prices skyrocketed in 2021 like everything else owing in material part to biden/Dems policies and rhetoric. Now for many the American dream is shot. Whatever biden sets out to do simply makes things worse. Do you want me to explain the actions that gave rise to this unprecedented spike?

From gas to consumer goods to houses we can track all back to actions and rhetoric from this admin/Dems. His approval rating isn’t a coincidence. Some people get it 😉

Last edited:
How could Trump have stopped the first two Covid bills? They both had almost universal support in congress and would have passed even if he vetoed them. Both parties are responsible for inflation.

The 3 bills passed in 21 are all on Democrats and Biden. They were all partisan bills and caused a lot of unneeded inflation.

@IUSUMMERS

Thanks.

I missed the drama again?!?

sad-walk.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT