ADVERTISEMENT

Got gas for $2.86 today

Not at all. Those of us who are older often want to downsize. I sell my home and buy a smaller/cheaper home. The inflation gain I make on my home is higher than the inflation loss on the smaller home. (just do math, 10% of a million dollar home is $100,000, 10% on a $500,000 home is $50,000). That's a positive. Inflation helps homeowners toward the end of their big days. Strangely enough, I am almost certain I heard that theory many years ago from a Republican (I am almost certain his name was Limbaugh). Anyone who is at maximum home size likes inflation, as well as those looking to move from home to apartment.

And also anyone wanting home equity loans.

All that said, it would be nice if we didn't have this inflation. I've linked the stories over and over and over and you must never read them, we have been building way too few homes since 2008. Sooner or later supply and demand were going to be a problem.

And that article notes that we are building more high end homes than low end, so that explains much of the problem with starter homes. We have had and still have a massive housing shortage.
For sure re supply. My dad was in home construction for years. There just isn’t the money to be made in 1500 3/2 houses. Problem now is that a starter home in a debent neighborhood is $400k plus and old and unfinished. That’s not good for society

Reactions: stollcpa and larsIU
For sure re supply. My dad was in home construction for years. There just isn’t the money to be made in 1500 3/2 houses. Problem now is that a starter home in a debent neighborhood is $400k plus and old and unfinished. That’s not good for society

I completely agree with all that. Maybe we could look at tax breaks for companies that build homes under 2000. There has to be some way of encouraging more lower end construction.

In Bloomington everything is apartments. If you haven't been here in a while, there are new apartments everywhere. But they are all expensive, real expensive. Working families can't afford them, 4 students can though.

I completely agree with all that. Maybe we could look at tax breaks for companies that build homes under 2000. There has to be some way of encouraging more lower end construction.

In Bloomington everything is apartments. If you haven't been here in a while, there are new apartments everywhere. But they are all expensive, real expensive. Working families can't afford them, 4 students can though.
I’m not sure the fix. The other issue is we have all these big millions plus homes that boomers paid grapes for. Who will buy them? Maybe in twenty years when they croak is when we see prices bottom out

Truth hurts huh?
I'm not the one griping about gas. I'll do what I've done the last 10 years. Save 80 percent of my raise and bonus. Same for my wife.

Live below your means, get an education or trade in demand, stay married, etc. If you have an IU degree and gas is killing you, it may be time to look in the mirror.

Reactions: Bowlmania
The environmentalists like the pronoun people need to go to hell.

Biden shouldn’t be listening to either of them.
lol. Yes I mean who cares about the environment and the world we are leaving to the next generation. That’s their problem.

I'm not the one griping about gas. I'll do what I've done the last 10 years. Save 80 percent of my raise and bonus. Same for my wife.

Live below your means, get an education or trade in demand, stay married, etc. If you have an IU degree and gas is killing you, it may be time to look in the mirror.
Terrible logic bcc. No reason to excuse gov putting their finger on our lives to make it harder

The environmentalists like the pronoun people need to go to hell.

Biden shouldn’t be listening to either of them.
Which pronoun people? What do you have against them? You sound like old man yelling at clouds! Darn these people for wanting to live and have an earth for their children.

This is 100% correct, I am good friends with several builders who have build and are building only high end homes, there is zero money to be made in small homes, the risk far out weighs the reward. If you are fortunate enough to buy a home in 200k range good luck with the quality of work.

Thanks so much for this, just knowing it I now believe all is right in the world today. :) Now please excuse me while I go pay $11.00 to Chik fil A for a chicken biscuit and a drink.
I pay $7 for a chicken sandwich and medium tea.

This is 100% correct, I am good friends with several builders who have build and are building only high end homes, there is zero money to be made in small homes, the risk far out weighs the reward. If you are fortunate enough to buy a home in 200k range good luck with the quality of work.
Shit $200k here is a 2/1 that comes with drive by shootings

Terrible logic bcc. No reason to excuse gov putting their finger on our lives to make it harder
This is so true, my great uncle passed away last spring at 93 he had a fortune to leave behind. We kind of knew he had it but not by the way he lived, he refused to pay $2000.00 for a beach front condo the past 5 times the family went on vacation together so he stayed home. Man he lived the life, saved it all and had a Uhaul behind the hurst holding all his money.

I think he passed with about 5-7 million, all in cash and stocks as his home sold for $275000.00 and he had two old vehicles that may have brought 2k each. Thank goodness his daughters are alive and able to enjoy the fruits of his 49 years of Ford motor company labor he sure didn't.

Shit $200k here is a 2/1 that comes with drive by shootings
In good old S. Indiana you can get a small 3/1 in an older mature neighborhood. My daughter bought their home 4 years ago 2/1 for $110,000.00 and a realtor approached them about selling and upgrading since they now have a son. It was suggested they put it up for $180,000.00, too bad an upgrade at the very minimum was going to be a home in the $280,000.00 range. lol

In good old S. Indiana you can get a small 3/1 in an older mature neighborhood. My daughter bought their home 4 years ago 2/1 for $110,000.00 and a realtor approached them about selling and upgrading since they now have a son. It was suggested they put it up for $180,000.00, too bad an upgrade at the very minimum was going to be a home in the $280,000.00 range. lol
Yeah so you don’t gain anything

Reactions: TDHoosier
Which pronoun people? What do you have against them? You sound like old man yelling at clouds! Darn these people for wanting to live and have an earth for their children.
At least you didn’t use your condescending term “bless your heart”.

My 48 year old wife and her friends don’t think I am an old guy yelling at the clouds. They range from my wife being the most conservative to left wing nuts like you. Really get sick of the term old white guy yelling at the clouds.

There is zero need for this pronoun bullshit. When my wife fills out an application with a pronoun box she puts a gigantic X in the box.

The only people yelling at the clouds are old lefty white women like you.

At least you didn’t use your condescending term “bless your heart”.

My 48 year old wife and her friends don’t think I am an old guy yelling at the clouds. They range from my wife being the most conservative to left wing nuts like you. Really get sick of the term old white guy yelling at the clouds.

There is zero need for this pronoun bullshit. When my wife fills out an application with a pronoun box she puts a gigantic X in the box.

The only people yelling at the clouds are old lefty white women like you.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

calling people "left wing nuts" is worse than people wishing to be called by a different pronoun. Get a grip. How does respecting someone's wish to be a different pronoun effect you and the other "right wing nuts"?

@BradStevens I use quickbooks and record every check, debit, credit and deposit in my personal accounts. I ask for receipts every time I use my debit card. I record all credit card charges. I record all my activity in Draftkings. I keep every golf scorecard and record my wins/losses for each player and team game. I know every dime that comes in and goes out. Clerks at convenience stores, restaurants and other businesses look at me like I am crazy when I ask for the receipt and fold it up and put in my billfold.

I print out a balance sheet and income statement for every month and year to date.

My golf expenditures are getting out of hand.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

calling people "left wing nuts" is worse than people wishing to be called by a different pronoun. Get a grip. How does respecting someone's wish to be a different pronoun effect you and the other "right wing nuts"?
They can wish whatever they want. I WILL address them by their wish. They can go to their safe space and cry.

No it's not. It's $3 almost everywhere in city right now. Unless you're getting premium.
I mean if I could send a pic of my receipt I spent 4.39 a gallon yesterday on armitage just off the interstate. Yes I know thats more expensive than other places but it ain't 3 either. Just filled up at 3.39 in river north.

They can wish whatever they want. I WILL address them by their wish. They can go to their safe space and cry.
Sounds like you are the one going to your safe space and crying over something that has little effect on you

Sounds like you are the one going to your safe space and crying over something that has little effect on you
No I am working and my steroid shot from yesterday kicking in and I am feeling some better.

After our ass kicking last night I had to resist the urge to fire off emails. Glad I took deep breath and didn’t send any. I am still resisting this morning. 😂

@BradStevens I use quickbooks and record every check, debit, credit and deposit in my personal accounts. I ask for receipts every time I use my debut card. I record all credit card charges. I record all my activity in Draftkings. I keep every golf scorecard and record my wins/losses for each player and team game. I know every dime that comes in and goes out. Clerks at convenience stores, restaurants and other businesses look at me like I am crazy when I ask for the receipt and fold it up and put in my billfold.

I print out a balance sheet and income statement for every month and year to date.

My golf expenditures are getting out of hand.

wallet-cant-close.gif

No I am working and my steroid shot from yesterday kicking in and I am feeling some better.

After our ass kicking last night I had to resist the urge to fire off emails. Glad I took deep breath and didn’t send any. I am still resisting this morning. 😂
I was saved from seeing our loss last night due to being on peacock. Main reason I have youtube tv is for sports and now that reason is going away due to throwing the games on other streaming services.

I am anal. Lol. My wife hates the expense line I have for her. She looks at the detail and sometimes argues what’s posted to her account is wrong.

Angie would rip new assholes for all these old and young lefty wing nuts on here if she got a chance to debate them sometime. Hell the guys couldn’t even debate. All they could do would be stare. I guess there might be lefty wing nut lesbians too. 😂

I am anal. Lol. My wife hates the expense line I have for her. She looks at the detail and sometimes argues what’s posted to her account is wrong.

Angie would rip new assholes for all these old and young lefty wing nuts on here if she got a chance to debate them sometime. Hell the guys couldn’t even debate. All they could do would be stare. I guess there might be lefty wing nut lesbians too. 😂
Our first female dream teamer?

I was saved from seeing our loss last night due to being on peacock. Main reason I have youtube tv is for sports and now that reason is going away due to throwing the games on other streaming services.
They couldn’t even keep the running score right. My son, wife and couple they took almost left at halftime. He called me and said season ticket holders around us are getting like final days of Cream and Miller. I am glad I was sick and couldn’t go.

I’m not sure the fix. The other issue is we have all these big millions plus homes that boomers paid grapes for. Who will buy them? Maybe in twenty years when they croak is when we see prices bottom out
Split them up into multi family units if you can zone for it.

She’s right of me. 😂😂😂 And she doesn’t back down from anyone.

I sent my buddie’s son a picture of her Trump Christmas Tree from few years ago. He took it in Trumps office and Trump autographed a red Trump hat and sent to her. She’s not happy that I am done with Trump unless it’s Trump Biden.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
God she would send these guys over a ledge.

My young rich trust fund golf buddy was giving me a hard time one night. Angie asked for the phone. By the time she got done with him I thought he was going to cry. He’s all good now. He invited us to his third or fourth wedding. He and his bride had so many kids they filled the groomsmen and bridesmaids positions in the wedding party.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
They couldn’t even keep the running score right. My son, wife and couple they took almost left at halftime. He called me and said season ticket holders around us are getting like final days of Cream and Miller. I am glad I was sick and couldn’t go.

Doesn't look like Woodson is up to the task. Hopefully Dusty May is still available when the administration comes to that conclusion.

Putting games on random streaming services is nothing but a money grab to up subscribers. they apparently weren't even prepared to do it.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT