ADVERTISEMENT

God Bless our Community Organizers and Civil Servants

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006
This country wouldn't be the great place it is today without your marvelous contributions!

Thank you

I was proud to contribute to the common good by representing governments and its employees from frivolous citizen claims.

This post was edited on 11/11 7:41 PM by CO. Hoosier

Thank you.

4 years Infantry, 24 years teaching basic training at Ft. Knox. 28 years working with troubled youth in 24 hour a day 365 days a year residential treatment programs. Working shift work for low pay without a 401k match, helping these kids get a GED and a future. I would hope that my pension that is under funded holds together.

Thank you, I think

Not sure if I qualify for being called a "civil servant" since I never got paid for it. But, I served 8 years on the board of directors of a government agency, last 2 as president. It was a political appointment, I suppose, as I was asked to serve by the county commissioners. But, we were responsible for an annual budget in excess of $100 million, serving individuals with developmental disabilities. We ran two schools, several adult workshops, and supported several thousand people. I even had to serve as an administrative judge for various appeals--even got sued once because we had the nerve to fire someone who couldn't do their job. Got heat from local political leaders when we had the nerve to give our employees a small raise, or when they wanted to make hay on the back of someone who couldn't fight back. Got a nice clock when I retired.

Since then I've moved on to more of a community organizer role. Helped run a levy campaign for that same agency last year. Now I'm helping out at local non-profit for individuals with Down syndrome, particularly helping parents get appropriate education for their children--in a way, organizing parents to stand up for their child's right to a free appropriate public education with their typical peers.

So....Thanks! I appreciate it. And I am very honored to serve my community as both a civil servant and a community organizer. Some of the most rewarding work I have ever done.

apparently

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Re: noble effort

I believe there is good in everyone. That's why I chose to believe he was sincere in thanking people for their service.

I'll let toast correct me if I am wrong and he really was being sarcastic. Of course that will absolutely destroy my premise above. But hey, Toast would then have something to be proud of, I suppose.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/12 10:06 AM by Noodle

No I took as

sarcasm and started typing a sarcastic remark and then thought better of it.

Not at all.....

Just didn't think it was worth the effort it would take to respond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT