ADVERTISEMENT

"So God made Trump."

Yes. Their shows in their current iteration are all extremely terrible.
To each his own I guess. All those guys are hilarious. I'd throw in Seth Meyers into that mix too. His "Closer Look' segments are hilarious and always hit the mark.

The pledge is a showing of national pride. It was never the “under god” part that truly upset the Marxists.
Somehow the country managed to survive without the current version until 1954, which makes it one year older than me. Just like the tradition of playing The Star Spangled Banner before baseball games,which only dates back as far as WW1 when the (IIRC) White Sox owner wanted to increase buzz around the game...

I don't personally have an issue with either tradition. But I also don't feel unnecessary anger towards anyone,who might for reasons of their own refrain from participating in either tradition. I also have no issue with people who prefer Lift Every Voice and Sing, which was written in 1919 and if I'm not mistaken predated the official adoption by Congress of SSB as the "National Anthem", which only dates back to 1931.

Coincidentally not too far removed from Jim Crow and the days when all those Confederate statues celebrating the "Lost Cause" were being authorized and built. Hmm I wonder which section of US Citizens didn't have much of a voice in voting at the time these sort of decisions were being made? Actually they didn't have much of a voice in anything, which is why they gravitated towards hopeful and inpirational messages like Lift Every Voice...

Jesus Christ you're out of touch.

Further example that the left can't meme.

Team Trump trolls the NPC left, they fall for the bait, and attempt this serious "response video" as some sort of retaliation. :D

"Jesus Christ you're out of touch."

Coming from a guy who (seemingly) supports a political faction that hasn't actually won a meaningful election in nearly 8 yrs, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about being told I'm out of touch.? And to refer to the Lincoln Project, made up of former GOP operatives as "the left" seems like somone who doesn't have much of a grasp of what terms like Left/Right actually mean

Calling Biden a leftist is DANC or dmb level of dumb, the level of people who believe anything to the left of Atila the Hun qualifies someone as leftist. That's what I love about the MAGA GOP, full of politically illiterate syncophants of Trump who somehow believe that people like Aloha, and most of the longtime conservatives who criticize Trump are RINOs. I'm not sure what Trump supporters are, but they need to rename their party because they are not "Republicans"...

I do love the Nolan Ryan pounding on Robin Ventura visual...

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Somehow the country managed to survive without the current version until 1954, which makes it one year older than me. Just like the tradition of playing The Star Spangled Banner before baseball games,which only dates back as far as WW1 when the (IIRC) White Sox owner wanted to increase buzz around the game...

I don't personally have an issue with either tradition. But I also don't feel unnecessary anger towards anyone,who might for reasons of their own refrain from participating in either tradition. I also have no issue with people who prefer Lift Every Voice and Sing, which was written in 1919 and if I'm not mistaken predated the official adoption by Congress of SSB as the "National Anthem", which only dates back to 1931.

Coincidentally not too far removed from Jim Crow and the days when all those Confederate statues celebrating the "Lost Cause" were being authorized and built. Hmm I wonder which section of US Citizens didn't have much of a voice in voting at the time these sort of decisions were being made? Actually they didn't have much of a voice in anything, which is why they gravitated towards hopeful and inpirational messages like Lift Every Voice...

Coming from a guy who (seemingly) supports a political faction that hasn't actually won a meaningful election in nearly 8 yrs, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about being told I'm out of touch.? And to refer to the Lincoln Project, made up of former GOP operatives as "the left" seems like somone who doesn't have much of a grasp of what terms like Left/Right actually mean

Calling Biden a leftist is DANC or dmb level of dumb, the level of people who believe anything to the left of Atila the Hun qualifies someone as leftist. That's what I love about the MAGA GOP, full of politically illiterate syncophants of Trump who somehow believe that people like Aloha, and most of the longtime conservatives who criticize Trump are RINOs. I'm not sure what Trump supporters are, but they need to rename their party because they are not "Republicans"...

7f2

The problem with that format of show that Stewart pioneered is that it becomes extremely stale after a while, and it’s pretty easy to play a clip of someone saying something dumb and then make a snide comment or silly face.

None of them are talented or creative enough to evolve into something new, as evidenced by the fact that they’re all still doing the same formulaic shit.
Like I said, it could be you.

Please stop citing award shows like it’s the 1990’s.

God how pathetic to put stock in such trash.
So basically we should all pay attention to YOUR opinion of what’s funny.. Got it. How pathetic to not even have a sense of humor.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
So basically we should all pay attention to YOUR opinion of what’s funny.. Got it. How pathetic to not even have a sense of humor.
The "comedy" to which you are referring is an extremely narrow subset in the world of comedy. I will say it is not to my taste much anymore, all though i understand there was utility when Johnny Carson was the only show in town. I'm not alone, to a T Colbert, Fallon, the fat gay limey, Myers are all doing worse numbers than their predecessors.

These evening talk shows are dying, much of it is streaming related, much of it that they've turned hard left politically and alienated large chunks of their audience (not mention it causes the writing to suffer). But I don't believe they will completely die. Like I said, there's a lot of stupid people in this country, stupid people like having their political opinions fed back to them and underscored by some banal one liners crafted by a team of staff writers.

No one has been able to successfully recreate Stewart's Daily Show and to a lesser extent The Colbert Report. Not even Stewart himself with his new (now cancelled) show on Apple. With the benfit of hind sight, I think we look back on that show with tose colored glasses. it was a novelty when it first came out, that was most of the appeal.

There is still some really good sketch comedy out there, lots of good comedic television shows, fewer, but still some movies, however we are experiencing a stand up renaissance. That is encouraging, because stand up is the highest and purest form of comedy. No staff writers, no video clips, no interviews. You. A mic. And a crowd.

I understand why Colbert and Myers and Stewart and Noah (lol) are not and will never be seen as great stand ups. That requires talent that they don't have.

Last edited:
The "comedy" to which you are referring is an extremely narrow subset in the world of comedy. I will say it is not to my taste much anymore, all though i understand there was utility when Johnny Carson was the only show in town. I'm not alone, to a T Colbert, Fallon, the fat gay limey, Myers are all doing worse numbers than their predecessors.

These evening talk shows are dying, much of it is streaming related, much of it that they've turned hard left politically and alienated large chunks of their audience (not mention it causes the writing to suffer). But I don't believe they will completely die. Like I said, there's a lot of stupid people in this country, stupid people like having their political opinions fed back to them and underscored by some banal one liners crafted by a team of staff writers.

No one has been able to successfully recreate Stewart's Daily Show and to a lesser extent The Colbert Report. Not even Stewart himself with his new (now cancelled) show on Apple. With the benfit of hind sight, I think we look back on that show with tose colored glasses. it was a novelty when it first came out, that was most of the appeal.

There is still some really good sketch comedy out there, lots of good comedic television shows, fewer, but still some movies, however we are experiencing a stand up renaissance. That is encouraging, because stand up is the highest and purest form of comedy. No staff writers, no video clips, no interviews. You. A mic. And a crowd.

I understand why Colbert and Myers and Stewart and Noah (lol) are not and will never be seen as great stand ups. That requires talent that they don't have.
Well the talent that they have has led them all to very nice careers, likely much better than whoever you seem to think does have talent.

Hasn't won a meaningful election in nearly 8 years? You mean like when the Democrats won the House in 2022? Oh wait..... yeah, Republicans won that.

Too bad your memory sucks, old codger. Still fighting the AAFES wars?

Well the talent that they have has led them all to very nice careers, likely much better than whoever you seem to think does have talent.
This is what people who cry about far-right comics not getting more airtime either ignore or don't understand. No one is going to keep paying someone if they're not continuously getting clicks/eyeballs. If you're in comedy, the way to do that is to stay current and stay funny.

This is what people who cry about far-right comics not getting more airtime either ignore or don't understand. No one is going to keep paying someone if they're not continuously getting clicks/eyeballs. If you're in comedy, the way to do that is to stay current and stay funny.
Who is crying about far-right comics? Gutfeld has the highest rated late-night show on TV.

Who is complaining about far right comics not getting enough airtime? To the extent they exist, they are just as terrible as the ones we’re discussing in this thread. What I’ve seen of Gutfeld and Steven Crowder’s programs has been extremely terrible.

I'm not a big Gutfeld fan, but I like a lot of his guests. I don't like his faux gay/pervert persona - that gets old. But he does have some ocassional intesting commentary and his guests are usually pretty interesting (not a big fan of Tyrus or Kat - their schtick gets old. But they also have interesting perspectives sometime).

The thing about Gutfeld and his guests is, they can laugh at themselves. They aren't afraid to step back and see themselves as others see them. That certainly doesn't happen on the other late-night shows.

The funniest clips are when various comedians deal with rude Trumper hecklers. It's usually not a fair fight, because whatever portion of Trump's base that has a working IQ usually has enough sense to not get involved in actions that make them look stupid...
Dude jet,DANC and Joe all "loved" your post. That's like asking the Three Stooges their opinion of any kind of serious issue. Worthless...

Is that the level of approval you're aspiring to?

"The thing about Gutfeld and his guests is, they can laugh at themselves. They aren't afraid to step back and see themselves as others see them. That certainly doesn't happen on the other late-night shows.
I'm not a big Gutfeld fan, but I like a lot of his guests. I don't like his faux gay/pervert persona - that gets old. But he does have some ocassional intesting commentary and his guests are usually pretty interesting (not a big fan of Tyrus or Kat - their schtick gets old. But they also have interesting perspectives sometime).

"The thing about Gutfeld and his guests is, they can laugh at themselves. They aren't afraid to step back and see themselves as others see them. That certainly doesn't happen on the other late-night shows."

Except none of the others you mentioned try to portray themselves as other than comedians. The thing about clowns like Gutfeld (and his fellow unfunny stooge Jesse Waters) is that they also host a news show which purports to discuss important serious news. Id suggest they stick to one or the other, but they seem equally lousy at both...

Last edited:
When did Bulk and Lars switch sides?
Bulk is left but Lars is pretty middle of the road. There are a few funny posters on the left. You. Mark is actually funny. But the right dominates - per usual. And there’s a block on the left with zero sense of humor

Hasn't won a meaningful election in nearly 8 years? You mean like when the Democrats won the House in 2022? Oh wait..... yeah, Republicans won that.

Too bad your memory sucks, old codger. Still fighting the AAFES wars?
I guess we have pretty disparate definition of terms like "meaningful"...

In 2016 the GOP swept all 3 electoral branches House,Senate and POTUS. They elected Trump, a GOP Senate (52-48), and a GOP House (241-194)...That was 8 yrs ago which is why I used the term 8 yrs...

Currently Dems control the WH and the Senate (52-48) and the House is 220-213 GOP with 2 vacancies...Now I'd say the loss of the Presidency, a 4 seat reversal in the Senate and overall losing 21 House seats all sort of belies the simplistic notion that MAGA achieved any "meaningful victories." Not a single gain cumulatively for MAGA since their all time high of election night 2016...

Are you really going to tout going from 241 to 220 House members in 8 yrs as a MAGA "achievement"? Remember the Dems started with only 48 Senators and 194 House members. The Dems have increased their numbers in both the House and Senate as well as gaining the Presidency. What is MAGA's legacy, aside from Losing?

• Haha

In 2016 the GOP swept all 3 electoral branches House,Senate and POTUS. They elected Trump, a GOP Senate (52-48), and a GOP House (241-194)...That was 8 yrs ago which is why I used the term 8 yrs...

Currently Dems control the WH and the Senate (52-48) and the House is 220-213 GOP with 2 vacancies...Now I'd say the loss of the Presidency, a 4 seat reversal in the Senate and overall losing 21 House seats all sort of belies the simplistic notion that MAGA achieved any "meaningful victories." Not a single gain cumulatively for MAGA since their all time high of election night 2016...

Are you really going to tout going from 241 to 220 House members in 8 yrs as a MAGA "achievement"? Remember the Dems started with only 48 Senators and 194 House members. The Dems have increased their numbers in both the House and Senate as well as gaining the Presidency. What is MAGA's legacy, aside from Losing?
What is the dems’ legacy? Housing spikes? Car spikes? Gas spikes? Inflation? Bringing crime to our neighborhoods? Covid hysteria? Trannies flashing at the White House? Harris? Stay at home Pete? The s Ct justice who can’t define a woman? Bringing woke to schools?

Last edited:

MAGA legacy = gas stoves

Jesus Christ you're out of touch.

Further example that the left can't meme.

Team Trump trolls the NPC left, they fall for the bait, and attempt this serious "response video" as some sort of retaliation. :D

I'd say it's pretty stupid to claim the "left" can't meme, when the ability to effectively do so is likely one of the main reasons Fetterman was able to destroy OZ...

But whether I'm out of touch or not, the end result of the Dictator has been to reportedly get under Trump's skin and set him to whining...

So an unmitigated success...no matter how "out of touch" with the Elon fanboys on twitter...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Ohio Guy
Who is crying about far-right comics? Gutfeld has the highest rated late-night show on TV.

I fully realize that this lends to the idea that we all live in echo chambers, but I have no idea who that is. Anecdotally, I'd bet a lot of people I know wouldn't have a clue who is either.

That said, I think Fox News is too much of an outlier, overall. I think the Boomer generation and their parents watch a lot more TV than generations younger than them, so it makes sense that Fox News gets better traditional TV ratings.

I'd bet that in terms of video clips, social media shares and other online outlets this Gutfeld guy doesn't register.

The funniest clips are when various comedians deal with rude Trumper hecklers. It's usually not a fair fight, because whatever portion of Trump's base that has a working IQ usually has enough sense to not get involved in actions that make them look stupid...

Dude jet,DANC and Joe all "loved" your post. That's like asking the Three Stooges their opinion of any kind of serious issue. Worthless...

Is that the level of approval you're aspiring to?

"The thing about Gutfeld and his guests is, they can laugh at themselves. They aren't afraid to step back and see themselves as others see them. That certainly doesn't happen on the other late-night shows.

"The thing about Gutfeld and his guests is, they can laugh at themselves. They aren't afraid to step back and see themselves as others see them. That certainly doesn't happen on the other late-night shows."

Except none of the others you mentioned try to portray themselves as other than comedians. The thing about clowns like Gutfeld (and his fellow unfunny stooge Jesse Waters) is that they also host a news show which purports to discuss important serious news. Id suggest they stick to one or the other, but they seem equally lousy at both...
So you repeat what I posted multiple times to increase your word count?

No one reads your shit when it's so long and repetitive. You know that, right?

I fully realize that this lends to the idea that we all live in echo chambers, but I have no idea who that is. Anecdotally, I'd bet a lot of people I know wouldn't have a clue who is either.

That said, I think Fox News is too much of an outlier, overall. I think the Boomer generation and their parents watch a lot more TV than generations younger than them, so it makes sense that Fox News gets better traditional TV ratings.

I'd bet that in terms of video clips, social media shares and other online outlets this Gutfeld guy doesn't register.
I'm not surprised. You live in your own little MSNBC/CNN world. If they don't cover anything, you've never heard of it.

It's very telling you have no idea who the leader in late-night talk shows is, but slobber over the others. Weak.

I pointed out a false statement. You can use however many words you want to try to justify it, but it was a false statement.

And yeah, control of the House is plenty 'meaningful'.

A couple things. No traditional TV show will hit the ratings share of those a generation ago. There might be more eye balls on stuff, but that's relative because there are simply more people now. When there were only three networks and not seemingly limitless options, people tuned into things. No musical act will ever get the type of audience the Beatles' first Ed Sullivan Show performance got and no TV show will get the audience of the M.A.S.H. finale (you obviously have to adjust for population growth there).

A couple things. No traditional TV show will hit the ratings share of those a generation ago. There might be more eye balls on stuff, but that's relative because there are simply more people now. When there were only three networks and not seemingly limitless options, people tuned into things. No musical act will ever get the type of audience the Beatles' first Ed Sullivan Show performance got and no TV show will get the audience of the M.A.S.H. finale (you obviously have to adjust for population growth there).
Flailing.

Gutfeld is on cable. The others are free on-air.

Flailing.

Gutfeld is on cable. The others are free on-air.
I actually don't really care about Gutfeld vs whichever late night show you want to pit him against, but not all of the late night talk shows are on network TV.

And the tide is turning. Fox dominates cable TV ratings, but they're not growing. Their old audience is dying off and they're not replacing them with younger viewers. To be fair, they probably had to cut back on their marketing budget to pay off all the defamation lawsuits they lost. I didn't originally factor that into the equation.

• Haha
I actually don't really care about Gutfeld vs whichever late night show you want to pit him against, but not all of the late night talk shows are on network TV.

And the tide is turning. Fox dominates cable TV ratings, but they're not growing. Their old audience is dying off and they're not replacing them with younger viewers. To be fair, they probably had to cut back on their marketing budget to pay off all the defamation lawsuits they lost. I didn't originally factor that into the equation.
Grasping at straws

Grasping at straws
Am I? As much as I've weighed in here is as much as I've thought about all this. I've long thought that Fox News had an older/dying demographic - and I was right about that - but I really don't care too much about any of this stuff.

Am I? As much as I've weighed in here is as much as I've thought about all this. I've long thought that Fox News had an older/dying demographic - and I was right about that - but I really don't care too much about any of this stuff.
Yes, you are. The conversation was about how conservatives aren't funny and then all the late-night shows were cited as to how funny libs are.

Then I inconveniently point out Gutfeld is the late-night leader and boom! The subject changes to demographics.

lmao I hate to the one to break it to you, junior, but one day you'll be part of the older/dying demographic. And you won't find sophomoric skits like dancing "Vax-ines" to be all that funny or entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT