ADVERTISEMENT

Game one attendance

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
Not sure what to expect but I think Friday night in this case may help get a few extra behinds in the stands as opposed to Saturday by it being Labor Dsy weekend.
Will lose some maybe to HS games but I anticipate Illinois bringing a decent size crowd.
Anyone heard how tickets sales are going? Haven't heard any talk about parking being sold out.
We have some friends coming over from Illinois,we plan on going early afternoon and hopefully get a good spot in one of the grass lots.
I think 45,000 seems reasonable if the weather is decent.
Thoughts?

Not sure what to expect but I think Friday night in this case may help get a few extra behinds in the stands as opposed to Saturday by it being Labor Dsy weekend.
Will lose some maybe to HS games but I anticipate Illinois bringing a decent size crowd.
Anyone heard how tickets sales are going? Haven't heard any talk about parking being sold out.
We have some friends coming over from Illinois,we plan on going early afternoon and hopefully get a good spot in one of the grass lots.
I think 45,000 seems reasonable if the weather is decent.
Thoughts?
There's plenty of tickets left, and it will hardly be a sellout, but i would say 43-45k. The students will show up because its a night game/opener. The only parking left is grass lot, but they usually sell out of that around a week before kick.

Someone in this thread will inevitably predict 25k, but that won't happen. Should be a fun time.

25,000 inside

Illinois brings 500

There's plenty of tickets left, and it will hardly be a sellout, but i would say 43-45k. The students will show up because its a night game/opener. The only parking left is grass lot, but they usually sell out of that around a week before kick.

Someone in this thread will inevitably predict 25k, but that won't happen. Should be a fun time.
Lol. Every year. Its the opener. There will be a decent crowd. And a lot of people buy tickets really close to kick, because...well...they can.

Last edited:
38,000 - 40-000 tickets sold, something less than that through the turnstiles. Friday nights should be for high schools, and holiday weekends aren’t kind to programs like ours. It’s the double whammy recipe for bare aluminum. Illinois will bring very few . . . girlfriends, wives, parents, other family members. Should be a good game, though.

Go Hoosiers.

Thanks for the info and I knew it wouid not sell out.
I do have a question,not sure you can help.
I will be in Bloomington one day next week,can grass lot parking passes be bought in the ticket office?
I can call and ask but thought you may know,thanks.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Thanks for the info and I knew it wouid not sell out.
I do have a question,not sure you can help.
I will be in Bloomington one day next week,can grass lot parking passes be bought in the ticket office?
I can call and ask but thought you may know,thanks.
The grass lots south of the stadium all have availability. You can go by the ticket office when you’re there or probably just go online. If you’re looking for tickets, there are plenty available.

The grass lots south of the stadium all have availability. You can go by the ticket office when you’re there or probably just go online. If you’re looking for tickets, there are plenty available.
Thanks we already have our tickets.
I’m not getting much communication from my friends coming from Illinois,I’m sure they didn’t buy a parking pass with their tickets.
I never buy parking in advance but I don’t want to get there and not be able to get in the grass lots.
Are the grass lots sold for a specific lot if you buy in advance?
Sorry for all the questions,I HATE talking on the phone haha.

I’m not getting much communication from my friends coming from Illinois,I’m sure they didn’t buy a parking pass with their tickets.
I never buy parking in advance but I don’t want to get there and not be able to get in the grass lots.
I would suggest getting the parking passes while you can. Even though the game will not sell out the passes likey will You can sometimes get passes on the secondary sites if you are late.

I believe you can buy them for specific lots. There’s still a good amount of availability.

Were you able to get those Cincinnati tickets?

Were you able to get those Cincinnati tickets?
Nope,I saw on Stubhub they have singles for 85 and two for 100 each.
Haven’t pulled the trigger,may have something going on.
If I don’t I still may try to go but it might me a last minute decision.

Nope,I saw on Stubhub they have singles for 85 and two for 100 each.
Haven’t pulled the trigger,may have something going on.
If I don’t I still may try to go but it might me a last minute decision.
We were just able to get a couple more via IU, so there are still some out there that aren’t on the secondary market. Being in the HH does have some benefits, especially when others were told there was no more availability.

Darn, I thought there was somebody with inside connections that was going to get you some as they were already sold out at the time.

Sometimes some of the secondary ticket prices drop near gameday.

Sorry, the insider couldn't come through for you.
Thanks,I kept a week waiting to hear back and didn’t hear anything so I just dropped it.
I’m gonna keep an eye on the different sites and may give the ticket office a call when I know for sure I can go.

Thanks,I kept a week waiting to hear back and didn’t hear anything so I just dropped it.
I’m gonna keep an eye on the different sites and may give the ticket office a call when I know for sure I can go.
Happy to assist again. Thought you were headed in another direction with this.

Reactions: CC Mac
Happy to assist again. Thought you were headed in another direction with this.
It’s all good,like I said I had something come up that might keep me from going anyway.
It will most likely be a week of decision,it’s all good.
I kinda dropped the ball on it.appreciate the offer to help.

It’s all good,like I said I had something come up that might keep me from going anyway.
It will most likely be a week of decision,it’s all good.
I kinda dropped the ball on it.appreciate the offer to help.
If that changes, check back.

38,000 - 40-000 tickets sold, something less than that through the turnstiles. Friday nights should be for high schools, and holiday weekends aren’t kind to programs like ours. It’s the double whammy recipe for bare aluminum. Illinois will bring very few . . . girlfriends, wives, parents, other family members. Should be a good game, though.

Go Hoosiers.
...ya $4.00 gas will play no roll with attendance...

Reactions: DANC and ESalum86
Just as added information. PU is playing Psu right off the bat at home and they are making a huge deal of it. Interestingly, I get an email every day from the PU AD trying to sell tickets...lots of them in all areas of the dump they call Ross Ade, and needing to encourage fans to wear all black to offset psu. . And this is with a minimum of 10K Penn state fans coming in with their mini white out.

I mean, c'mon...come see Ross Ade while there is still some grass left.

Last edited:
I think there may be a lot of curiosity about this team. Allen hjas made so many changes and so many new players, the crowd should be pretty good and after all it is a B1G game. I think 45,000 may be a pretty good number. I don't think Illinois travels that well, but there is a lot of optimism in their camp after last year's surprise. They think Bielema is the answer.

I think there may be a lot of curiosity about this team. Allen hjas made so many changes and so many new players, the crowd should be pretty good and after all it is a B1G game. I think 45,000 may be a pretty good number. I don't think Illinois travels that well, but there is a lot of optimism in their camp after last year's surprise. They think Bielema is the answer.
Someone mentioned last week Illinois sold their allotment of tickets,not sure if that’s actually the case.

Someone mentioned last week Illinois sold their allotment of tickets,not sure if that’s actually the case.
That was RBB89, who is one of the few here who's information you can usually trust. He said "most"

That was RBB89, who is one of the few here who's information you can usually trust. He said "most"
Thanks,it was him and yes he is reliable.
Not sure what that allotment withdrawal be,maybe 5k ?
I didn’t realize he said ‘most’.I guess that puts me in the not very reliable camp haha

Thanks,it was him and yes he is reliable.
Not sure what that allotment would be,maybe 5k ?
He could answer that but if I was an Ill fan (which Thank god I am not). I would buy better seats outside of the visiting corner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT