ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones... just kicked it up a notch

I agree. She didn't need acting chops for her role in Kama Sutra.

Her finest days have passed her.
Oh yeah that was her...man what a movie for a teenage boy. She was also Vorenus's wife in Rome. 13!!! 13!!!

Did anyone notice that Lyanna was portrayed as a little badass who could handle a horses had spirit and talked a little crap to Ned?

One it was nice to see live when Ned would tell Arya that she reminded him of her in looks and spirit.

More importantly, and why I love this show because there are so few wasted scenes and clues like this are dropped everywhere...can you see a mid 20 some Lyanna in her prime being a victim of kidnapping and rape by a pretty boy Targ without at least fighting back and f'ing up his pretty face?

No.

R+L=J is so obvious.

I think it all gets revealed this week. Probably the last scene when Bran has a vision of the tower of joy. Oathbreaker meaning Ned Stark's breaking of honor and lying.

At least that's my prediction.

Jon's oath to the Watch.

Reactions: patrick593
Good call. So many oaths to break.

Typically they do tend to weave a theme with the title. I think we see all of them.

There's no reason to have the tower of joy scene without the reveal but I might be thinking to simplistically.

Jon leaving the watch is pretty much guaranteed.

There are set pics of Jon wearing Ned's old warrior, green Stark outfit with his claw sword. Looking like he's fighting Ramsey's army.

Typically they do tend to weave a theme with the title. I think we see all of them.

There's no reason to have the tower of joy scene without the reveal but I might be thinking to simplistically.

Jon leaving the watch is pretty much guaranteed.

There are set pics of Jon wearing Ned's old warrior, green Stark outfit with his claw sword. Looking like he's fighting Ramsey's army.

I wish they would have planted clues along the way instead of doing a narrative time travel using Bran. That's a bit lazy.

I'm a big fan of flashbacks - when they are done correctly.

Yea, the thing is... it's seen as an overused device and the easy way out. Currently flashbacks and narration are seen as too often abused and used.

It really would have been better if they would have left clues starting from the beginning. Mostly in normal conversation but also in dreams, in visions and in flashbacks..Basically a bit more like the books. I really don't like the guide that pops in and just explains it. I get that it's TV, and they have less time but that backstory (which is the story) could easily have been incorporated into the shows from the beginning.

Yea, the thing is... it's seen as an overused device and the easy way out. Currently flashbacks and narration are seen as too often abused and used.

It really would have been better if they would have left clues starting from the beginning. Mostly in normal conversation but also in dreams, in visions and in flashbacks..Basically a bit more like the books. I really don't like the guide that pops in and just explains it. I get that it's TV, and they have less time but that backstory (which is the story) could easily have been incorporated into the shows from the beginning.
There were quite a few references to it in Season 1, enough for readers to get it, but I agree they could have done a little bit more. TV only folks will need this flashback to fill in those gaps.

Side note: the flashback might also resolve the "Who is the High Sparrow?" debate, too.

GXgYzzK.jpg

There were quite a few references to it in Season 1, enough for readers to get it, but I agree they could have done a little bit more. TV only folks will need this flashback to fill in those gaps.

Side note: the flashback might also resolve the "Who is the High Sparrow?" debate, too.

Howland Reed.

That is a particular fact the show could mess with.

But, if they aren't the same person, Howland Reed has to show up at some point and be a major player, doesn't he? He can't just stay in the background.

You might see him soon, though he didn't leave his "hall" even to help Robb. He sent his kids to help Bran only after one of Jojen's green dreams spelled doom for Winterfell.

Actually, the books mention he hasn't left his home since he returned from the Tower of Joy.

But, if they aren't the same person, Howland Reed has to show up at some point and be a major player, doesn't he? He can't just stay in the background.

I always thought Howland Reed would appear somewhere around the end and be Jon's Herald archetype. Being the only one left that knows what happened, he would verify Jon's true heritage. There's something fishy with that whole story arc though.

I always thought Howland Reed would appear somewhere around the end and be Jon's Herald archetype. Being the only one left that knows what happened, he would verify Jon's true heritage. There's something fishy with that whole story arc though.
I'll agree it's fishy. Have you ever actually seen GRRM's outline material explained in any detail? I'm assuming not, and you were just going by what he'd said in some interview. I mean, he probably doesn't share that material in any detail with close friends, much less reporters and fans. So I am tentatively still sticking with the theory that he lost control of the story, and isn't entirely sure what to do with the plot from this point. Hope he proves me wrong, because it's one of my favorite fantasy series of all time, but I'm not entirely convinced he can pull it off.

I'll agree it's fishy. Have you ever actually seen GRRM's outline material explained in any detail? I'm assuming not, and you were just going by what he'd said in some interview. I mean, he probably doesn't share that material in any detail with close friends, much less reporters and fans. So I am tentatively still sticking with the theory that he lost control of the story, and isn't entirely sure what to do with the plot from this point. Hope he proves me wrong, because it's one of my favorite fantasy series of all time, but I'm not entirely convinced he can pull it off.

Yea, I got that five year stuff from interviews and such. About losing control, he's admitted as much. The first three books flow. Then just like Lucas he changes the story... adding four, five, and six.

The first three books took 20+ years to create, with no deadline, or pressure. The next two were created in a qtr of that time each and with late deadlines. Once he gets to 7, or whatever, he's back on his original course, as long as he didn't screw up the path. I guess the editing is a chore.

Last edited:

Yea, I got that five year stuff from interviews and such. About losing control, he's admitted as much. The first three books flow. Then just like Lucas he changes the story... adding four, five, and six.

The first three books took 20+ years to create, with no deadline, or pressure. That next two were created in a qtr of that time each and with late deadlines. Once he gets to 7, or whatever, he's back on his original course, as long as he didn't screw up the path. I guess the editing is a chore.
I hope he gets back on track. Four and Five were a bit of a mess, but they were still good. In my criticism, I'm not unhappy with the product at all. Even a bad GRRM book is still great. But there was definitely a notable drop after the first three.

I've mentioned this before. He has 54mm knight miniatures from his teen years. That's how long I believe this story was in conception. He's an avid gamer, and I truly believe this story is based on one or more RPG's. It doesn't flow like any other story. With its randomness, it flows much more like an PnP epic RPG.

I've mentioned this before. He has 54mm knight miniatures from his teen years. That's how long I believe this story was in conception. He's an avid gamer, and I truly believe this story is based on one or more RPG's. It doesn't flow like any other story. With its randomness, it flows much more like an PnP epic RPG.
That makes sense. It would also explain the soap opera feel I get from it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT