ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones... just kicked it up a notch

images

It was a second straight predictable episode, but they did a good job of setting the table for next week and beyond. Agree with the Boltons and the Iron Islands. Also like the tension building in King's Landing.

I still think the season is off to a slow start overall, but it's pretty clear that things are about to pick up tremendously.

It was a second straight predictable episode, but they did a good job of setting the table for next week and beyond. Agree with the Boltons and the Iron Islands. Also like the tension building in King's Landing.

I still think the season is off to a slow start overall, but it's pretty clear that things are about to pick up tremendously.
oh calm down.... predictable? did you know last week Ramsey was going to murder his dad? What about Tyrion releasing the dragons?
Of course you knew he was going to be revived, we've all known that. Nothing should be a complete surprise because we've been building towards it for a long time

oh calm down.... predictable? did you know last week Ramsey was going to murder his dad? What about Tyrion releasing the dragons?
Of course you knew he was going to be revived, we've all known that. Nothing should be a complete surprise because we've been building towards it for a long time
I forgot Tyrion. That was a great twist. And it was very well done. Peter Dinklage and Conleth Hill are an A++++ acting team. I love how they work off each other.

I'm just saying, the first two episodes have been...slow. They are putting the pieces in place. It sucks to waste two episodes of a ten episode season on putting the pieces in place, but I'm confident in where those pieces are ending up that things are going to start to go nuts very quickly.

I like it so far.

WTF is your problem? I'm not grumpy about anything. It's just, the season is 20% over, and nothing has happened yet. They have done a good job of setting the table, but things better start moving next week, is all.
I'm just saying you're complaining that nothing has happened and its been slow...

Killed off all the people in Dorn, coup and a new power structure
Just killed off major character Roos Bolton
Tyrion just bonded with two dragon and freed them
Revealed Red Woman a crazy old bitch who is losing her faith
Onion Knight becoming bad ass
Sansa knighting Breanne and starting her path to building an army
I dunno... Jon Snow just revived back from the dead
House Greyjoy just had their king murdered (a Reek is headed back there)... Kingsmoot starting
Brann's first training with 3 eyed raven
and Arya has begun her badassery training...

all that in 2 episodes.

Just saying, you've poo pooed the first two episodes like nothing has happened and they've been pretty damn good.
First time in years that I didn't know whats coming.

I'm just saying you're complaining that nothing has happened and its been slow...

House Greyjoy just had their king murdered (a Reek is headed back there)... Kingsmoot starting

all that in 2 episodes.

Just saying, you've poo pooed the first two episodes like nothing has happened and they've been pretty damn good.
First time in years you didn't read the book first.

I'm just critiquing. I'm still loving it. It's just that they are taking a little while to get things moving this season, is all. I'm not saying the first two episodes were bad. I'm just saying they were all prep work.

Take a pill, dude. You're taking this personally.

I'm just critiquing. I'm still loving it. It's just that they are taking a little while to get things moving this season, is all. I'm not saying the first two episodes were bad. I'm just saying they were all prep work.

I'm not upset, just saying you're being unjustly critical.
just don't get what else you're wanting from the show...
Either way, I think we're in for a good season. If this is slow, I'm not sure what crazy is going to be. I fully expect the final 7-8 episodes of the series will be bat shit crazy.

And on that note, i've finished my TPS reports and its time for bed
Obama out
1620b570-f175-0133-243b-0e1b1c96d76b.gif

I'm not upset, just saying you're being unjustly critical.
just don't get what else you're wanting from the show...
Either way, I think we're in for a good season. If this is slow, I'm not sure what crazy is going to be. I fully expect the final 7-8 episodes of the series will be bat shit crazy.

And on that note, i've finished my TPS reports and its time for bed
Obama out
1620b570-f175-0133-243b-0e1b1c96d76b.gif

Can't you two just get a room and get it over with.

As much as I can't imagine anyone being disappointed, when I realize it's you, it totally makes sense.

all that in 2 episodes.

Seriously.........

Last night's episode was solid. I'm ready for Arya plot line to kick into gear. That one has been boring me. But overall, last night was bad ass. Ramsey is one sick bastage.

I agree with goat though. The first one was slow, but as he said, it was setting everything up for the rest of the season.

Reactions: patrick593

all that in 2 episodes.

Both episodes have been really good IMO. Starting off much better than last season. I was really hoping Jamie Lanester was going to kill the high priest. I'm hoping something happens to him and his crew pretty soon. Lots of cools things to play out this season

Reactions: Lucy01
I think the pace has been great and frankly I didn't think that the resurrection would happen til episode 3 or 4.

Like Patrick said, there have been a ton of reveals.

It was awesome to gasp and be caught off guard when Ramsey did what he did. It's a totally different feeling now that they can surprise us again and that was awesome.

I also dig the flashback scenes with Bran and it was cool to see Lyanna as a person who does reminds you of Aryia (since the whole series is set into motion by her).

Reactions: C-$
I forgot Tyrion. That was a great twist. And it was very well done. Peter Dinklage and Conleth Hill are an A++++ acting team. I love how they work off each other.

I'm just saying, the first two episodes have been...slow. They are putting the pieces in place. It sucks to waste two episodes of a ten episode season on putting the pieces in place, but I'm confident in where those pieces are ending up that things are going to start to go nuts very quickly.

I like it so far.
You think so? You may have guessed some things that happen, but that didn't feel slow at all.

There were some major characters killed off, two hostile takeovers of houses, a resurrection and resolution of last season's big cliffhanger, the Tower of Joy setup, and an establishment of Tyrion as the "brother of dragons".

Both episodes have been really good IMO. Starting off much better than last season. I was really hoping Jamie Lanester was going to kill the high priest. I'm hoping something happens to him and his crew pretty soon. Lots of cools things to play out this season

Its weird that I was hoping that too. One of the few just people on the show, and I'm hoping an incest crazed murderer gets the better of him...But then the sparrow tips his cards a little bit that he might not be as holy and altruistic as he's been going on about. The little nugget about overthrowing an empire is a huge opening into a new story line.

All in all, it was an awesome episode. Jon v Ramsey is going to be badass. And watching Tyrion orchestrate the Dragon Queen's return will be great too.

I hope Tommen doesn't turn into too much of an asshole. I think in the end he turns on his mom and dad, hopefully offing Jaime.

"Oathbreaker" being the title of the next show should be interesting. A lot of "oaths" going on that could and should be broken.

Its weird that I was hoping that too. One of the few just people on the show, and I'm hoping an incest crazed murderer gets the better of him...But then the sparrow tips his cards a little bit that he might not be as holy and altruistic as he's been going on about. The little nugget about overthrowing an empire is a huge opening into a new story line.

All in all, it was an awesome episode. Jon v Ramsey is going to be badass. And watching Tyrion orchestrate the Dragon Queen's return will be great too.

I hope Tommen doesn't turn into too much of an asshole. I think in the end he turns on his mom and dad, hopefully offing Jaime.

"Oathbreaker" being the title of the next show should be interesting. A lot of "oaths" going on that could and should be broken.
I think they're saving Jamie for his book arc. He and Breanne will be set on a collision course. He will be set to siege black water ? IIRC
Like in the books,
Something is going to split twincest.
I'd bet the farm Aryia and Cersie are head to head before its all said and done. Aryia doesn't appear to have a major role in what is to come. Just think she'll be the knife that slits Cersi's throat.
Either way shits going down this season and I love it. Some of the light hearted banter has stopped and it's all seriousness.

I'm starting to get so damn confused because I'm currently listening to the 5th book during my commute and there are plot line differences between the book and the show. Oathkeeper was the name of the sword Jamie gave Brianne so I would assume she (or it) will play a major role in next week's episode in a play on the Oathbreaker thing. I have really liked the first 2 episodes and GOAT can suck it. :p

I think they're saving Jamie for his book arc. He and Breanne will be set on a collision course. He will be set to siege black water ? IIRC
Like in the books,
Something is going to split twincest.
I'd bet the farm Aryia and Cersie are head to head before its all said and done. Aryia doesn't appear to have a major role in what is to come. Just think she'll be the knife that slits Cersi's throat.
Either way shits going down this season and I love it. Some of the light hearted banter has stopped and it's all seriousness.
Jamie was sent back to recapture Riverrun in the books. He lets Edmur Tully loose from the Frays in return for him opening up the castle, but he let's the Blackfish escape before he does it.

It's turning into a TV show. You call it predictable, which it is, but that's not a GRR calling card, it's TV. Every scene is telegraphed for dumb people (ie C-$) to get. Transparent. Which is a standard TV calling card. fwiw - I AM critiquing it and feel pretty damn confident I'm correct. It's becoming watered down and weak.

Considering dumping the show and waiting for the book. This show may ruin the books, I doubt the books could ruin the show.

Jamie was sent back to recapture Riverrun in the books. He lets Edmur Tully loose from the Frays in return for him opening up the castle, but he let's the Blackfish escape before he does it.
Yup, blackfish blackwater... Mixed it up. Just remember he was on the siege when Cersie called for him

I'm starting to get so damn confused because I'm currently listening to the 5th book during my commute and there are plot line differences between the book and the show. Oathkeeper was the name of the sword Jamie gave Brianne so I would assume she (or it) will play a major role in next week's episode in a play on the Oathbreaker thing. I have really liked the first 2 episodes and GOAT can suck it. :p
Book 4/5 are a GRIND. I do books on tape all the time, after back to back book 4/5 I didn't do another book for 5 months

It's been great.

I love the Tyrion/dragons scenes...

Yup, blackfish blackwater... Mixed it up. Just remember he was on the siege when Cersie called for him
Easy to do. There's also nothing in the show about all the plots to find and marry Dany. Three would be kings (not named for spoiler purposes) all racing to Mereen to convince Dany to marry them.

It's turning into a TV show. You call it predictable, which it is, but that's not a GRR calling card, it's TV. Every scene is telegraphed for dumb people (ie C-$) to get. Transparent. Which is a standard TV calling card. fwiw - I AM critiquing it and feel pretty damn confident I'm correct. It's becoming watered down and weak.

Considering dumping the show and waiting for the book. This show may ruin the books, I doubt the books could ruin the show.

Jesus Christ, you could **** up a blowjob.

Seriously, dude, remove the stick from your arse.

Reactions: sluggo69 and Moops

How bad do you think GRRM hates himself for not revealing Snow's resurrection via WoW? Nah, the fat bastard has Benjamins on his bed rolling around on the dough.

Jesus Christ, you could **** up a blowjob.

Seriously, dude, remove the stick from your arse.
It's beyond your comprehension level Sparky, you're just too dumb to understand.

Are you saying Jesus Christ is a sexual predator? WJCFOS?

Would Jesus commit forced oral sodomy? Would Kansas (or was it Oklahoma?) convict him? Am I now going to hell just for asking? Religion is confusing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT